Pic Question

Dingo 05-17-2004 06:01 PM
Ermm i have no idea what happened to the this thread... either way heres my question again, Does anyone know how to reduce pics throuch bbcode, if there is a way.

Or does anyone know how to reduce them with out actually reducing them. As in that i dont use a photo editer to reduce it.
Silv3rKnigh1 05-17-2004 06:03 PM
why dont u want to use a photo editor?
Dingo 05-17-2004 09:05 PM
Cause i dont have any good photo editors and i wanna edit gifs but i dont wanna extract every frame and resize them. I've made some pretty big gifs i wanna make em smaller. With less hassle
Silv3rKnigh1 05-17-2004 10:43 PM
well i use ADOBE PREMIERE for movie editing and extracting GIFs, and I use PSP8 and animation shop 3 for GIF manipulation, and now that i know how oto use them they come out good

The only problem is the color difuzer on adobe is sucky, and sometimes it (like in my avatar) make the resolution scratchy. You can fix this by making a sequence of TIFFs and using animation shop to make it a GIF
Dingo 05-18-2004 06:53 AM
I have no money and i dont wanna go with demos. Any new suggestions?
Son_of_Horus 05-19-2004 08:18 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Vordok
Ermm i have no idea what happened to the this thread... either way heres my question again, Does anyone know how to reduce pics throuch bbcode, if there is a way.

Or does anyone know how to reduce them with out actually reducing them. As in that i dont use a photo editer to reduce it.

Bulletin board designers usually omit and if not, administrators themselves disallow that function for good reason.

The problem with "reducing" pics via web orchestration is that the images retain the same amount of bandwidth draw.
So let's say you have a 365K image that you just resized to a 80x80.
Not only is the image distorted, but it's using the same amount of bandwidth.
As far as bbcode resizing is concerned, on bulletin boards that is sometimes allowed in the fonts characteristics but the actual use of advanced img commands is usually relegated to the HTML functions signature settings and for security reasons is usually limited in both size and scope.

There's a reason for this.
Think about it.
If there was a setting for everyone to "resize" huge graphics in their posts you would in no time have a page that took 10 minutes to load for people on 56K, despite the apparently innocuous size of the images.

Your only "polite" solution is to somehow acquire an image editor.
If you are short on cash my understanding is there are quite a few freeware and shareware image programs which you can download off of Tucows.