Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

Sephiroth 05-13-2004 03:52 PM
There was a big write up about this game in the newest Game Informer, and i am really excited about it. It comes out in October, and there will be three cities (each the size of vice city) to explore, with rolling country hills between them. It looks so cool Drooling . Anybody else want to see this game when it comes out?
C.R Foxhound 05-13-2004 03:55 PM
theres already a thread for this, but its a few pagers back

anyways,

i hope they bring a new dynamic to San Andreas, i didnt like Vice City as GTA3, i thought its was nothing more than a side-quest expansion pack, whatever, bring on the hookers i say Cool
Sephiroth 05-13-2004 03:59 PM
quote:
Originally posted by C.R Foxhound
theres already a thread for this, but its a few pagers back

anyways,

i hope they bring a new dynamic to San Andreas, i didnt like Vice City as GTA3, i thought its was nothing more than a side-quest expansion pack, whatever, bring on the hookers i say Cool

Well right, sorry i didnt know there was already a thread.
There are a bunch of new dynamics. Ill list a couple:

1. Three cities each the size of VIce city, with miles of country between, allowing for new random gameplay.
2. The ability to actually run a gang and build houses.
3. The ability to rob houses
4. What you do actually affects you. You actually have to eat in the game, and what you eat combined with your lifestyle will make you fat or muscular.
there are many more.
Volt 05-13-2004 06:00 PM
Nice. Three cities as big as Vice City. Country side. Robbing houses. Friggin' shweet.
I hope the main character has a voice over like Vice City. I can't stand the GTA3 guy just nodding his head and being unable to say no or cuss someone out for running into his car. I also hope there're'll be cameos (like Phil in GTA3 and VC). Maybe a Cyborg Diaz will be the main enemy?!?! Tongue But the thing that would be really awesome is destructible buildings. Just imagine delivering a car bomb to the police station... Of course, it would be there again after you leave the area and come back, but that's where helicopters with bombs come in. Pleased
Sephiroth 05-13-2004 07:16 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Volt
Nice. Three cities as big as Vice City. Country side. Robbing houses. Friggin' shweet.
I hope the main character has a voice over like Vice City. I can't stand the GTA3 guy just nodding his head and being unable to say no or cuss someone out for running into his car. I also hope there're'll be cameos (like Phil in GTA3 and VC). Maybe a Cyborg Diaz will be the main enemy?!?! Tongue But the thing that would be really awesome is destructible buildings. Just imagine delivering a car bomb to the police station... Of course, it would be there again after you leave the area and come back, but that's where helicopters with bombs come in. Pleased

Your character is a former gang member, who has returned to help his family after the death of their mother. Turns out things having been going well, and his gang has split up with his brother and sister leading rival factions.
Volt 05-13-2004 08:31 PM
Sounds like it'll bring family problems to a new level. I wonder if you'll get to choose which faction to follow (maybe the old gang respect system from GTA2 will come back?). Maybe there'll be different endings depending on which side you join, or maybe it'll just be a set storyline with your character eventually taking control of both... I guess we can only guess.
Did GI have any screens or was it just info?
AndroidZeroX 05-20-2004 09:15 AM
I just saw teh new screen shots, and they look great. I am definetly gettin it.
The Baker St. Irregular 05-20-2004 09:01 PM
Sounds like Fun. With a capital "F". The more GTA, the better. The new one sounds more complicated, but there will be lots of senseless violence and fun-time killing sprees, right? But I still have to get Half-Life 2 and Thief III out of the way first. Ah... The fun of sequels. The best part is that my computer should be able to handle of it. Huzzah!
Prons 05-21-2004 07:55 PM
Sounds cool.

I think it would be cool to have the ability to play a female character....
o55goten 06-03-2004 02:58 PM
I have just preordered the game. Rock star when the try to do somethign BIG like this it usually turns out great and yes bring on the hookers who never get their money.
JAYCZero 06-04-2004 01:28 AM
Aww Dam !! I never got to play the whole game on GTA3 and Vice City and there is another one coming up ??! Dam I heard of it since Vice City came out , I heard it's going to be good .
AlexRosewater 06-07-2004 12:00 AM
I'm not really looking forward to San Andreas even though new kewl things will be added it will still be the same subject matter.
Seraphim 06-07-2004 12:02 AM
Sweet. I just "got" Wink Wink GTA: Vice City. Man, I love Vice City... so much better than GTA. In fact, I believe it's superior in every way.
Volt 06-07-2004 12:27 PM
quote:
Originally posted by AlexRosewater
I'm not really looking forward to San Andreas even though new kewl things will be added it will still be the same subject matter.

However, it's the same subject matter that made the past games some of the greatest games of all time. And, I think you should take that pic out of your sig. It's huge and it really makes my (and probably others') browser lag.
I wonder what kind of new weapons will be in the game? They added a ton to Vice City after GTA3, so maybe they'll do the same with San Andreas. Right now I can only think of land mines, a crossbow Big Grin , and a mace Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin . Crushing peoples' heads with a 100-pound ball of spikes... priceless.
AlexRosewater 06-07-2004 10:31 PM
with other games trying to copy GTA series nothing is orginal any more.
Volt 06-10-2004 07:15 PM
Not to sound cliche, but if it ain't broke, why fix it? I think I speak for many others when I say this: who cares if it's not original as long as its a great game that lets you have fun and do whatever you want?
AlexRosewater 06-10-2004 10:19 PM
orginal things mean new things I don't want to see the same thing in all the games I play. so games should be Orginal and Inovative that's what keeps buyers from buying.
AndroidZeroX 10-25-2004 06:55 PM
Well, its finally arrive. While i type with one hand, the game is in the other, im liking it already even though i just started. I have a feeling i will enjoy it a lot more than the other.... even though they were amazing too.
Travis Bickle 10-25-2004 07:08 PM
There's already a thread on San Andreas right here, just to let you know. Smile
AndroidZeroX 10-25-2004 07:09 PM
oh my bad didnt search, well sorry to make more work, but they can just merge the two no big deal dude