Bring Back Almasy!

Seraphim 05-13-2004 02:59 PM
What's going on in the Smith Mansion? I go log in, and see that Almasy is no longer a moderator! That's absolutely whack. Almasy's moderation skill is absolutely amazing. We need him back. What's the deal with this?? Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Frown Frown Frown Frown Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad
evanASF27 05-13-2004 03:03 PM
1) Almasy is still a mod according to his profile...
2) skill...it doesn't take skill to be a mod Wink The job requires a very good and reliable sense of what's OK on the forums and what's not OK.
3) that IS strange none the less...wonder why he ain't moderating the Speakeasy or Smith Mansion no more Confused
dominusofdeath 05-13-2004 03:05 PM
Actually it's none of our business.
Seraphim 05-13-2004 03:08 PM
quote:
Originally posted by PaladinAlexanderAnderson

Sure it is. Almasy was a good mod, he should come back.
Randolph 05-13-2004 03:21 PM
I really don't think Almasy's Moderator status would just vanish in the proverbial puff of smoke. He'd probably make a temporary announcement thread to tell everyone when/if he was stepping down as a moderator. I don't think he's gone, but then, I have no other theory either.

But perhaps this has something to do with the upcoming Staff Break? You never know.
BigPrime 05-13-2004 03:26 PM
I don't know if this style of board even supports it, but it's entirely possible he was given Super-Moderator status, ie moderation of the entire board rather than just a single forum.
Tony Waynewrong 05-13-2004 03:56 PM
It's best not to speculate. I think if you really wanted to know, you would ask Almasy and/or Krang for details. If anything, this is a moderator/administrative decision.
The Fallen Phoenix 05-13-2004 04:02 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Tony
It's best not to speculate. I think if you really wanted to know, you would ask Almasy and/or Krang for details. If anything, this is a moderator/administrative decision.

Exactly. I don't know too much concerning the situation...rather than speculate, it might be best to simply PM Krang, Shredder, and/or Almasy for answers.

As such, there really isn't much point to this thread...just wait until Krang or Shredder get on. By the way, this would have been far more appropriate to post in the JFK Mark, but whatever.

I request that no one make any posts following this one...if so, you will risk getting a warning. Again, Krang will probably explain his decision if he feels fit.
CoCoaPuFF CatX 05-13-2004 10:31 PM
o well come back soon almasy!
Zopwx2 05-13-2004 10:39 PM
Big deal, Almasy probably had finals or somthing at school and couldn't mod full time.

Its not like hes dead or somthing.
The Fallen Phoenix 05-13-2004 10:45 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Xineohp Nellaf Eht
I request that no one make any posts following this one...if so, you will risk getting a warning. Again, Krang will probably explain his decision if he feels fit.

Like I said before, please refrain from posting here, at least until Krang or Shredder can come online and properly explain the situation. They reserve the right to explain the situation if they so choose, being as they are the administrators here.

It is pointless to speculate, since there is a good chance everything will be properly explained in good time. Though I do have some knowledge concerning the situation, it is severely limited and I do not feel I have the liberty to reveal what little I do know (that's between Shredder, Krang, and Almasy).

I will request for a final time that posting in this thread cease: consider this your last warning, but anyone who posts follwoing this message will be subject to a warning.
Krang 05-14-2004 12:50 AM
quote:
Originally posted by PaladinAlexanderAnderson

quote:
Originally posted by Tony

(Exactly.) If you want to know more about this, ask Almasy or me privately, not on the forums.