[Question] The Forums

Benjamin 05-12-2004 10:08 PM
What do some of the forum names mean...

The Speakeasy...Was a kind of bar where people ditched the poliece drank and smoked..

JFK Airport...John F. Kennedy?

Asileberry Farm...Asile a hallway with items on the side...

Is this what they mean...Or do they stand for something else....
Dude Love 05-12-2004 10:15 PM
quote:
Originally posted by MINION

The Speakeasy...Was a kind of bar where people ditched the poliece drank and smoked..

They are themed names from the show that tends to be popular here. You might have heard of it, it's called "Big O".
The Fallen Phoenix 05-12-2004 10:34 PM
quote:

The Speakeasy is the bar where Roger Smith collects his information from Big Ear. Though yes, historically, Speakeasies were underground establishments (illegal bars and whatnot) during the Prohibition era, where Americans would purchace Alchohol (which had been banned by Constitutional Ammendment) and whatnot. They were especially common in some of the big cities, like New York and Chicago.

JFK Mark references a scene from Act 12: Enemy is Another Big! In the beginning of the episode, there is a shot of a ruined airport...I might be wrong, but I believe someone also makes a reference to a JFK mark.

In reality, JFK Airport is an actual airport in New York City (specifically, southeastern Queens. Actually, it's a ten-fifteen minute drive from my house). Yes, it was named in honor of John Fitzgerald Kennedy.

Ailesberry Farm is the name of Gordon Rosewater's farm...

And the Nightengale was the establishment Mr. Wayneright brought Dorothy in Act 2: Dorothy, Dorothy.

The titles are there to give the forums more of a "Big O" feel to them, and if I recall correctly Kairi/Kalisto/Korova/Tetsujin/Kokain/Nein was the one who proposed them.
Seraphim 05-13-2004 03:10 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Xineohp Nellaf Eht
JFK Mark references a scene from Act 12: Enemy is Another Big! In the beginning of the episode, there is a shot of a ruined airport...I might be wrong, but I believe someone also makes a reference to a JFK mark.

I believe it was Dastun who mentioned something going down at "JFK Mark".
evanASF27 05-13-2004 04:43 PM
Yah over the radio (which Roger was listening in on) Dastun was talking with his superiors about where they were going and what to do. The name "JFK Mark" came up and from the looks of it, it's actually JFK Airport.
Benjamin 05-13-2004 05:35 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Xineohp Nellaf Eht
quote:

The Speakeasy is the bar where Roger Smith collects his information from Big Ear. Though yes, historically, Speakeasies were underground establishments (illegal bars and whatnot) during the Prohibition era, where Americans would purchace Alchohol (which had been banned by Constitutional Ammendment) and whatnot. They were especially common in some of the big cities, like New York and Chicago.

In reality, JFK Airport is an actual airport in New York City (specifically, southeastern Queens. Actually, it's a ten-fifteen minute drive from my house). Yes, it was named in honor of John Fitzgerald Kennedy.

Ailesberry Farm is the name of Gordon Rosewater's farm...

And the Nightengale was the establishment Mr. Wayneright brought Dorothy in Act 2: Dorothy, Dorothy.

The titles are there to give the forums more of a "Big O" feel to them, and if I recall correctly Kairi/Kalisto/Korova/Tetsujin/Kokain/Nein was the one who proposed them.

AHHHHHH

I NEVER REMEMBER THE GOOD DETAILS OF THE SHOW

Tongue

SRY

Drooling
Jonny Axehandle 05-13-2004 06:43 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Wienberg
quote:

They are themed names from the show that tends to be popular here. You might have heard of it, it's called "Big O".

XD!! Sig quote time....