Big O Soundtrack Review, Scripts Up for Episodes 14 and 15!

Shredder 08-15-2003 03:56 AM
A new Articles section has been added to Paradigm City! Read Bladesong 26's excellent review of the Season 1 soundtrack Cd, "Big O Original Sound Score," complete with a track by track analysis, and Byranx's detailed scripts of Big O episodes 14 and 15 (invaluable if you missed either episode or just want to revisit them). Enjoy these great contributions here!
Byranx 08-15-2003 07:44 AM
Thanks a million Shredder! Smile Keep up the great site
StevieV019 08-15-2003 09:16 AM
Great addition to the site...I like the articles section, and of course, Byranx, we are grateful you've done them in the first place...

The review of the soundtrack was very well done too. I love the soundtrack...the music is just awesome...

Any luck with Character Bios or Episode summaries, yet?
Byranx 08-15-2003 01:24 PM
Bladesong 26....wonderful review....very in-depth. Keep up the great work Big Grin
StevieV019 08-15-2003 03:25 PM
The funny thing is...I took a Music Appreciation class in college, and I actually remember what she's talking about when she used the "technical speak" for the crescendos and what not...lol...I actually know what she's talking about...hehehe
The Big Omega 08-15-2003 07:08 PM
Heh, I just got the Big O soundtrack in the mail today, so well right now...Drooling does that give you any idea as to just how wonderful it is? I'm serious, this is THE best music I've ever heard, just as good, if not better, than the TV show. To everyone who even merely likes the music of Big O, BUY NOW!!!! The power of The Big Omega commands you! Oh boy Stoning is just starting! WHEE!!!!!!
MegaSteve 08-24-2003 10:41 PM
omg i resgistered just to talk about this... YES the CD IS AWSOME! ... im telling you all the smooth progressions on "and forever" makes me want to cry Crying lol... and sure promise seems like an awsome brass piece ( i play trumpet) Tongue aw man sure genious!
Roger Smith Zero 08-26-2003 08:14 PM
You know I can only think of one anime soundtrack that can compet with Big O. And that's Pilot Candidate. But, I refuse to get into that. Big O is hot with a capital HOT!!! Rich, full orchestrated pieces. Cool, smooth, precise jazz hits. And, the infamous sax (turned piano) solo that makes any real Big O fan cry with joy. Roger's theme. I love it. But, my favorite piece (at least the piece without words) has to be Eternal live. It's just the best instrumental bit I've heard in a while, after the Candidate for Goddess opening. Plus the extended version of And Forever is hot too. All and all, it's really hard to go wrong with this awesome soundtrack. Big O is good. And, you won't feel GUILTY after listening to it. (Ye not guilty!!!)
Schwarzwald27 03-17-2004 09:45 PM
I wasn't exactly sure where to post this question so I guess here is a good a place as any since it has to do with the music in Big O. What is the name of the soundtrack for Beck's music (If it is, I'm not sure)? They played it in episode 23 when Alex was explaining everything to Beck and when those war machines attacked Roger's mansion. I'm not able to get the soundtrack right now thus my problem, it's been stuck in my head for days now...anyway I'd appreciate the help, cool to see some people out there besides me enjoy the music in Big O.
Bentar 03-18-2004 01:30 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Schwarzwald27
I wasn't exactly sure where to post this question so I guess here is a good a place as any since it has to do with the music in Big O. What is the name of the soundtrack for Beck's music (If it is, I'm not sure)? They played it in episode 23 when Alex was explaining everything to Beck and when those war machines attacked Roger's mansion. I'm not able to get the soundtrack right now thus my problem, it's been stuck in my head for days now...anyway I'd appreciate the help, cool to see some people out there besides me enjoy the music in Big O.

The music playing while Alan was explaining the 'virtues' of Paradigm Justice to Beck was Respect - Lower East Side. The music playing while the Mansion was attacked was Respect - Upper West Side. Both are homages to the music used in an early '70s brittish Scifi called U.F.O. and both are on the Big O Second Season soundtrack. Hope that helps. Big Grin

I greatly enjoy the Big O music (have both soundtrack cds), and have occasionally gone to sleep and woken up with various bit of it rattling around in my head - think I watch Big O too much? Pleased

BTW, welcome to Paradigm City Schwarzwald27! Smile
Schwarzwald27 03-18-2004 04:40 PM
Lol thank you Bentar, at least now I know the names of the soundtracks and also the origin of the music what more could I have asked for? Big Grin

And for the record, I do not think it is possible to watch too much Big O but thats me...