Any WWE fans here?

Kittie heavenly6 08-14-2003 10:25 PM
If so, who are your current favorites?
Surtur 08-14-2003 10:31 PM
I'm a wrestling fan, but it's gotten crappy lately. Jeff Hardy he got fired and Kane became a winey heel. Right now my fav is probably Taker or Ultimo Dragon.
Kittie heavenly6 08-14-2003 10:33 PM
I've always Been a 'Taker fan. Don't see how you can't like this guy lol.
It's a shame about Jeff I think, I think he just got sick of the lack of push, even though he got a better crowd reaction, and sold more merchandise, than most of the Main eventers.

That's my theory on why he got lazy anyway.
re-animate 08-14-2003 10:48 PM
what ever happend to the rock and stone cold back in the day of the *gulp* WWF *gasp*
Shredder 08-14-2003 10:54 PM
I also like the WWE, even though, as other people have mentioned, it's quality has gone downhill recently. I also haven't watched as much of it as I used to, but I still enjoy watching it when I can and check www.rajahwwf.com and www.wrestlecrap.com pretty regularly. Smile )

As for my current favorites, I like Chris Jericho, Kurt Angle, Stone Cold, RVD, and Shane McMahon.
Kittie heavenly6 08-14-2003 10:55 PM
The Rock is making movies now, but he comes back around Once a year and wrestles a few matches.

Stone Cold kept injuring his neck, to the point where he now plays the part of 50% General Manager of the RAW brand.
(he dosn't wrestle anymore)
re-animate 08-14-2003 10:57 PM
ahhhhh

and what hapend to wwf

its was also the wwa

then the wws

now the wwe

what is going on!?
Surtur 08-14-2003 10:58 PM
quote:
Originally posted by re-animate
what ever happend to the rock and stone cold back in the day of the *gulp* WWF *gasp*

Well the Rock is a movie star and is only a wrestler on paper, and Stone Cold in a co-GM. Also, have you noticed that they have to blur out WWF symbols in old footage? that's screwed up. The World Wildlife Fund doesn't even do anything but tell us how we're all gonna die.
Shredder 08-14-2003 11:02 PM
The WWE started as the WWWF (World Wide Wrestling Federation), then changed to the WWF (Woird Wrestling Federation), and now to WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment.) WWA is another wrestling league that isn't related to WWE.

Kind of off-topic, but still WWE: I also really miss With Authority!, this online WWE card strategy game that went out of business earlier this year. Did anyone used to play?
Kittie heavenly6 08-14-2003 11:03 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Shredder
I also like the WWE, even though, as other people have mentioned, it's quality has gone downhill recently. I also haven't watched as much of it as I used to, but I still enjoy watching it when I can and check www.rajahwwf.com and www.wrestlecrap.com pretty regularly. Smile )

As for my current favorites, I like Chris Jericho, Kurt Angle, Stone Cold, RVD, and Shane McMahon.

WRESTLECRAP RULES! lol
so does Shane McMahon, I was at a party this weekend and I played the Here Comes the Money theme, and Danced like shane for a few minutes lol.

I usually go to 411Mania.com as far as other Sites go.

The WWA was actually a different Company, and I think they are still in exsitance (sp)
The WWF Used to be the WWWF, then WWF, now WWE.

Ooops, I see Shredder Already covered that -_-
re-animate 08-14-2003 11:03 PM
shredder, i did

kinda

i just want the old wwf back

all the goodies

mankind is my favorite
Surtur 08-14-2003 11:08 PM
If they just got rid of the brand seperation and stopped letting wrestlers write their own lines, it'd probably be ok.
Kittie heavenly6 08-14-2003 11:10 PM
I kind of like the Brand Seperation. I really think that they should be under different names though, like one Is WWE, the other is WCW.
It would work better, than seeing to WWE's fighting eachother.
Schwarzwald 08-14-2003 11:30 PM
uhh...a card sratagy game for wrestling?

that...that sounds.....funky........really?....hu.........hu...was there like steroid power up cards?
Kittie heavenly6 08-14-2003 11:57 PM
Is it really neccesary to make a steroid joke?
Schwarzwald 08-14-2003 11:59 PM
nono no joke...i mean....i just cant see stratagy in a card game based compleatly on a show about force...
Shredder 08-15-2003 12:01 AM
WA is hard to describe...it may sound stupid, but it was a good game, very addictive. Here's the old website, even though a lot has been taken down: www.withauthority.com .
major pain 08-15-2003 09:12 AM
ya I like the wwe, my favorite right now would have to be the under taker.
StevieV019 08-15-2003 01:49 PM
This will probably be way too cliche...but I still like The Rock...he is still hilariously funny...well, he used to be...now he just whines about who to wrestle and how the fans turned on him...yada yada yada...
I still remember him making fun of the giant (oops...the Big show...aka Big Slow) on Smackdown a couple years back...I died laughing...

chris jericho is cool as well...
noTomato 06-26-2004 02:30 PM
yeah, I like WWE, kinda annoyed by the name change. And I hate it how people say it's all staged - so, even if all the fights or at least most of them are setup, who cares, it's still a 'fight', it's still freaking awesome. right?