Any WWE fans here?

DorothyFan1 03-03-2006 09:08 AM
quote:
She's in charge of writing for both shows, actually.

That's news to me Cerpin Taxt. I didn't know that. Does this mean she's in charge of all the angles on both shows?
Travis Bickle 03-03-2006 10:12 AM
quote:
Originally posted by DorothyFan1
quote:
She's in charge of writing for both shows, actually.

That's news to me Cerpin Taxt. I didn't know that. Does this mean she's in charge of all the angles on both shows?

Pretty much, yeah.
Shredder 03-03-2006 09:24 PM
Although I don't always agree with everything on their shows, I do watch WWE since several of my favorite wrestlers are there and I've been a fan for years. Plus, it's always fun to see it live if you live near an arena WWE comes to. In general, I think Smackdown's the better show, but some weeks it's a toss up. More recently, I've also gotten into watching TNA, which is also good.

About Stephanie- she's definitely on the creative team for one or maybe both shows (I think they have separate teams), but I wouldn't say she's entirely in charge of the angles or anything.
Travis Bickle 03-04-2006 12:44 AM
TNA is taped about 2 hours from me, and I plan on going up there to see it sometime in two weeks.

I'm also going to be in NYC when the next ECW One Night Stand will take place, and I'm contemplating on going to that.

And I really think that Stephanie is in charge of the creative team for both shows (I think there's only one team, but there's a great chance I'm wrong).
Nine Kuze 03-06-2006 12:05 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Cerpin Taxt
And I really think that Stephanie is in charge of the creative team for both shows (I think there's only one team, but there's a great chance I'm wrong).

There's actually two teams, one for RAW and one for SmackDown!, but yeah, Stephanie is in charge of the creative (if you can even call it that) and writing (ditto) teams. Also, Dustin 'The American Dream' Rhodes is on there too. The angles of the characters and the plots as well is usually dominated by Vince. Also, wrestlers such as Triple H, Shawn Michaels, and Undertaker have A LOT of say one what goes on in that department as well.

quote:
Originally by DorothyFan1
Here are my ideas:

1. Team up Victoria with Kane. This would make sense since Victoria had that "crazy" angle once and she clicked on that one. This would make a great heel/face couple no matter which way you go. Also it allows Kane to go after Edge while Victoria takes care of Lita from interfering. But would Vince McMahon do something that sounds logical and sane? Nah.

2. Offer the GM spot to Bret The Hitman Hart. Now this would be cool. Too bad it's not going to happen. But boy...this would be justice.

3. Make better use of the women wrestlers like Mickie James and Trish Stratus. Like use them for color commentary on other wrestlers matches. Like...when was the last time we've actually heard either Trish or a good female wrestler do live color commentary? Hmm? Give up? Never.

4. As much as people "hate" Stephanie (Mrs. Triple H) McMahon...bring her back. I'd love to see Stephanie do live wresting color commentary. Would be interesting to see how she'd fare against the likes of J.R. Ross doing such duties.

5. Make John Cena heel. He's alot better as a heel than face.

6. Beg The Rock to come back. This way if he comes back...making John Cena heel would be a perfect setup for a feud. Rock vs Cena. Will this happen? This sounds possible and might actually be down the road. Just a hunch though. But interesting speculation.

7. Make Chris "The Masterpiece" Masters the next Triple H. He's their best prospect so the WWE better be afraid if he bolts to TNA. This guy has the mic skills, and everything screams new Triple H. Losing him to the competition could be a disaster. If I was Vince McMahon...I'd make an immediate switch to put Chris Masters up against Cena for the Main Event at Wrestlemania. Sends a good vibe signal to all concerned that Masters is the One they're grooming.

Some of these are actually good ideas. Such as the Victoria/Kane pairing and Trish and Mickie doing commentary for some matches like how Booker T and Ken Kennedy do on Smack Down! But some of these are just pretty bad notions.

For one the Bret Hart thing, yeah, there's a better chance of him going to TNA than him coming back to the WWE. The WWE had to beg Hitman just to come back for one night for the Hall of Fame ceremony. Also, there were a load of rumors saying that Dustin Rhodes would get the RAW GM spot but Vince kind of took it anyway (and he's doing a bad and quite annoying job at it too).

The Chris Masters thing... Are you kidding me?! Have you heard this jabroni on the mic? It's the worst thing in the world, I'd rather watch Gigli and the Fantastic Four movies than listen to him speak on the mic. And the Master Lock, good God give it a rest. The only thing he has going for him is that he's big. When he actually wrestles, shuts the hell up, and doesn't promote his Master Lock so much, then he's tolerable to watch. But please, keep the mic away from that sucka's mouth.

Other things are that I think JR is coming back soon or probably later in the year. But he's coming back from what I know. The WWE finally realized they did something stupid and want him to come back but JR's still pissed in the way they 'let him go'... and yes, like in 2003, John Cena is much, much better as a heel. As a face, he's just really annoying. And forget The Rock. He's a lost cause. Get Brock Lesnar and Chris Jericho back.

And I just realized: I completely missed Smack Down! last week. Oh well, it's only Smack Down! and I pretty much do that all the time.
Peace.

EDIT: It's ol' Boy and he's comin' to get ya!
    David Ryder 03-06-2006 03:46 PM
    Is that a picture of the "boogyman" Nine?
    Nine Kuze 03-06-2006 03:51 PM
    quote:
    Originally posted by Gaddes

Yes, Gaddes my man. Yes it is. Pleased
    Peace.
    David Ryder 03-06-2006 04:11 PM
    quote:
    Originally posted by Nine XXVI
    quote:

Yes, Gaddes my man. Yes it is. Pleased
    Peace.

they must be getting desperate for new talent if that guy is someone they hired. Geez come on Vince.
    DorothyFan1 03-06-2006 07:14 PM
    Have you all heard the news that Lita is getting back in the ring? I found that interesting. I'm wondering who gave the OK for her to do that. So...that makes Victoria, Lita heels. So with the upcoming heel turn by Mickie...that means there's three heels to Trish Stratus' face. Somebody else has to be in Trish's corner...I'm wondering if they're paving the way for a return of a WWE female wrestler...Nora Greenwald (Molly Holly)?! Now that would be big news as the other women wrestlers right now are complete jokes in my opinion.

I'm also getting the feeling that the WWE is going to split up Edge and Lita. I don't where they could possibly go here except there's got to be some turmoil in paradise for Edge and Lita.

I'm glad to see someone agrees with my suggestion about pairing up Kane and Victoria. That would be fun to watch. Especially now...with Edge and Lita being together and all. A tag team match between Edge/Lita and Kane/Victoria makes so much sense.

John Cena as a heel. Now this would be fun to watch.

As to who gets the GM spot...either give it to Shane or Stephanie already. There's no need to drag this out...unless they've retired the GM role for good. My favorite idea is to give it to Mick Foley. Or...how about this...giving the job to JR Ross.
    Nine Kuze 03-07-2006 03:58 PM
    quote:
    Have you all heard the news that Lita is getting back in the ring? I found that interesting. I'm wondering who gave the OK for her to do that. So...that makes Victoria, Lita heels. So with the upcoming heel turn by Mickie...that means there's three heels to Trish Stratus' face. Somebody else has to be in Trish's corner...I'm wondering if they're paving the way for a return of a WWE female wrestler...Nora Greenwald (Molly Holly)?! Now that would be big news as the other women wrestlers right now are complete jokes in my opinion.

I'm also getting the feeling that the WWE is going to split up Edge and Lita. I don't where they could possibly go here except there's got to be some turmoil in paradise for Edge and Lita.

I'm glad to see someone agrees with my suggestion about pairing up Kane and Victoria. That would be fun to watch. Especially now...with Edge and Lita being together and all. A tag team match between Edge/Lita and Kane/Victoria makes so much sense.

John Cena as a heel. Now this would be fun to watch.

As to who gets the GM spot...either give it to Shane or Stephanie already. There's no need to drag this out...unless they've retired the GM role for good. My favorite idea is to give it to Mick Foley. Or...how about this...giving the job to JR Ross.

WWE.com has a Power Rankings system.

Yeah, I've also heard reports that Edge and Lita are going to be broken up. Ever since Lita started this heel role, I can't stand looking at her. She just looks like an overused call-girl, and that's putting it lightly.

Of course, Matt Hardy, Jeff Hardy, Eddie Guerrero, Kane, and Essa Rios would know more about that than I would.

I actually heard that JR was considered to be a candidate for the RAW GM spot but they got no one now. I think Dusty Rhodes is still in the front of the running though.

I just read up on RAW because I missed it last night. Stephanie drugged HBK?! Drugged him and have him lose Shane and Vince because of it? WTF? The writing/creative team sucks like you know what. Candice released her Playboy cover (damn, missed that), and SD! GM Theodore Long was on RAW and announced that the Money in the Bank match was going to be an interpromotional match. That's sweet as hell and I'm hoping that RVD wins that... and doesn't use it like a little b**** like Edge used his. Punk.
    Peace.
    DorothyFan1 03-07-2006 09:55 PM
    quote:
    Yeah, I've also heard reports that Edge and Lita are going to be broken up. Ever since Lita started this heel role, I can't stand looking at her. She just looks like an overused call-girl, and that's putting it lightly.

Not a minute too soon. I don't know how she even gets the courage to do this onstage. Punishment indeed for dunking Matt Hardy. But enough is enough and let the woman do what she did years ago...wrestle. If Mickie James goes heel...then this is probably where Lita turns face once again otherwise there would be too many heels to Trish Status' face.

But I'm unsure if the Mickie James heel turn is for real. I'm getting the impression that it's Trish Stratus who's going to turn heel...and Mickie stays face and then gets the title at Wrestlemania. (That would make more sense...by the way). I say this because there's something about the way Trish is pushing Mickie away that gets me to thinking it's Trish going heel. Getting "fed up" with Mickie James and turning on her.

They should bring back Randy Orton. He can be traded in exchange for Chris Masters. Triple H vs Randy Orton was fun in the past...but would be even better if this was heel vs heel. I've always thought heel vs. heel matches were the best. A hardcore match between Triple H and Randy Orton would be fantastic.

An idea of mine is that Randy Orton comes back to RAW and nobody knows. Triple H comes out..does his spiel about John Cena not being the one to hold the title...and whack! Randy Orton comes out of nowhere and smashes the sledge hammer right into Triple H. He beats Triple H into a pulp..the same way Triple H did to Rick Flair and grabs the mick and proclaims HE should be the one to hold the title. Then this leads up to a triple threat hardcore match for the Heavyweight Title. Has there ever been one like that?
    Nine Kuze 03-08-2006 12:29 PM
    quote:
    quote:

Not a minute too soon. I don't know how she even gets the courage to do this onstage. Punishment indeed for dunking Matt Hardy. But enough is enough and let the woman do what she did years ago...wrestle. If Mickie James goes heel...then this is probably where Lita turns face once again otherwise there would be too many heels to Trish Status' face.

But I'm unsure if the Mickie James heel turn is for real. I'm getting the impression that it's Trish Stratus who's going to turn heel...and Mickie stays face and then gets the title at Wrestlemania. (That would make more sense...by the way). I say this because there's something about the way Trish is pushing Mickie away that gets me to thinking it's Trish going heel. Getting "fed up" with Mickie James and turning on her.

They should bring back Randy Orton. He can be traded in exchange for Chris Masters. Triple H vs Randy Orton was fun in the past...but would be even better if this was heel vs heel. I've always thought heel vs. heel matches were the best. A hardcore match between Triple H and Randy Orton would be fantastic.

An idea of mine is that Randy Orton comes back to RAW and nobody knows. Triple H comes out..does his spiel about John Cena not being the one to hold the title...and whack! Randy Orton comes out of nowhere and smashes the sledge hammer right into Triple H. He beats Triple H into a pulp..the same way Triple H did to Rick Flair and grabs the mick and proclaims HE should be the one to hold the title. Then this leads up to a triple threat hardcore match for the Heavyweight Title. Has there ever been one like that?

Yeah, I keep hearing that it will be Trish Stratus that goes heel and Mickey will stay face. Trish says she likes being a heel more anyway so it will probably be Trish vs. Mickie at Wrestle Mania for the Women's Championship.

Yeah, the Randy Orton for Chris Masters trade is just bad. It would completely screw over Smack Down!, even more so than usual. Masters just isn't that good to be holding down the Smack Down! brand. Its also very unlikely that RAW would have Triple H, John Cena, and Randy Orton and live Smack Down! with just Kurt Angle and Batista, two main wrestlers with health problems and who are getting older with age. That is what's so fun about the Draft Lottery. Its SO damn obivious. The reason John Cena went to RAW is so he can build up his popularity and do that on a live show. The reason Randy Orton went to SD! was because they want to keep Cena and Orton away from each other at the moment. With those two as the future of the business, Vince wants to have one be the future carrier of RAW and the other for Smack Down! So those two being on the same show is really not going to happen.

Also, Randy Orton was sent to Smack Down! because he kept "doing stuff" to the many divas on the RAW circuit. Don't ask me what he did because I can't find it anywhere. All I can find is that he did "something".

Also, the Triple H/Randy Orton/Ric Flair triple threat match for the World Title is a very nice touch but stop with the hardcore matches. Anybody can win a hardcore match and I'd rather see a classic standard match between the two. Like the Triple H/HBK/Benoit match at Wrestle Mania 20, which was the best wrestling match I have ever seen.

EDIT: Just read the Smack Down! spoilers. JBL vs. Steve Austin in a beer drinking match at Saturday Night Live. And Undertaker vs. Mark Henry at Wrestle Mania 22 in a Casket Match. Interesting...
    Peace.
    DorothyFan1 03-08-2006 11:41 PM
    quote:
    Yeah, I keep hearing that it will be Trish Stratus that goes heel and Mickey will stay face. Trish says she likes being a heel more anyway so it will probably be Trish vs. Mickie at Wrestle Mania for the Women's Championship.

Wow. So it looks like those spoilers about Mickey going heel was misinformation and it's Trish Stratus doing the turn. But this means Mickey will be the only face in the women's division?! That can't be right. There's gotta be someone else either being brought in from the OWA or Lita is "splitting" from Edge soon to be backup for Mickey. Either that or they're bringing back Nora Greenwald (Molly Holly).
    Travis Bickle 03-09-2006 01:26 AM
    I'm actually thinking of switching to watching Smackdown instead of Raw for the following reasons:

-Batista is coming back there
    -Cruserweight championship
    -the Women's division is crap on Raw (and in the WWE as a whole)
    -Watching HHH is getting kind of old
    -I hate John Cena
    Shredder 03-09-2006 01:34 AM
    Plus they have: Kurt Angle, Chris Benoit, Paul Burchill, Taker, Booker T, and Kennedy (injured, but still).
    Nine Kuze 03-09-2006 02:07 PM
    quote:
    Originally posted by Cerpin Taxt
    I'm actually thinking of switching to watching Smackdown instead of Raw for the following reasons:

-Batista is coming back there
    -Cruserweight championship
    -the Women's division is crap on Raw (and in the WWE as a whole)
    -Watching HHH is getting kind of old
    -I hate John Cena

Those are actually good reasons, except for the Cruiserweight Championship one. That's almost as bad as the Women's Divison over at RAW but at least Gregory Helms is doing his thing to save it.

I still like RAW though and I think its the better show. But Smack Down! has better and more quality wrestling. But RAW has better wrestlers overall. And yes, CT, I'm starting to hate John Cena too. Give me Randy Orton and Batista (another reason to watch Smack Down! instead). Another reason to switch from RAW is the announcement team over there. Joey Styles is annoying the hell out of me, King hardly talks about wrestling (PUPPIES!), and Coach is... well, don't get me started on Coach.

Oh, and the WWE is apparently getting rid of the Juniors Division on Smack Down!
    Peace.
    David Ryder 03-09-2006 04:22 PM
    I'm not really the wrestling buff like alot of folks, so can someone explaine what face and Heel are? Me=stupid.

Woot post 900. Happy
    Nine Kuze 03-09-2006 04:46 PM
    quote:
    I'm not really the wrestling buff like alot of folks, so can someone explaine what face and Heel are? Me=stupid.

Woot post 900. Happy

In the wrestling storyline, there are bad guys and good guys. The bad guys are the ones that more often than once, prevail in underhanded ways, over the good guy. The good guy tries his best to overcome the bad guy and his evil ways but is always usually foiled. Eventually, at a pay-per-view or another big event match, the good guy finally trimuphs over the bad guy, the fans rejoice, and the good guy and bad guy either go into another storyline or keep advanceing in that particular storyline.

Basically, the bad guys are known as 'heels' and the good guys are known as 'faces'. Hope that helps.
    Peace.
    David Ryder 03-09-2006 06:38 PM
    quote:
    Originally posted by Nine XXVI
    quote:

Woot post 900. Happy

In the wrestling storyline, there are bad guys and good guys. The bad guys are the ones that more often than once, prevail in underhanded ways, over the good guy. The good guy tries his best to overcome the bad guy and his evil ways but is always usually foiled. Eventually, at a pay-per-view or another big event match, the good guy finally trimuphs over the bad guy, the fans rejoice, and the good guy and bad guy either go into another storyline or keep advanceing in that particular storyline.

Basically, the bad guys are known as 'heels' and the good guys are known as 'faces'. Hope that helps.
    Peace.

Many thanks Nine, I had a feeling they did mean something, I just never knew what they actually where. lol XD
    Kittie heavenly6 03-10-2006 05:03 AM
    For the record, Stephanie does not write both shows. She's more in Charge of Smackdown than anything. Which is why Paul E is practically gone from the company. (He was at one point Nipple H's right hand Booker, but she HATES Paul E because he's not a corporate ass kisser like she wants all of her underlings to be.) That's a common error though. They really should just let Paul E Take full charge of Smackdown Creative. He's an evil genius. But noooo they had to Send him to OVW....

quote:
    Originally posted by Shredder
    Kennedy (injured, but still).

Much like Mickie "Alexis Laree" James, Ive had the pleasure of watching Ken Kennedy work before he was in the WWE, and let me just say if they keep pushing him he very well could be the next break out star in the WWE. Too bad they brought the Tolands in as The Dicks. Ken Anderson, the Tolands and Jillian Hall were a great team down in OVW. I loved watching their work.

I'm looking forward to ECW ONS again this year. Alot of people seem to be throwing around "OMG THEY CANT DO ECW THE DUDLEYZ AND RAVEN ARE AT TNA!!!!!11!" But that's not really the case.

ECW wasn't just about a handfull of their Stars. You can take any random ECW superstars and make the crowd happy. that being said, at this point they still have 3 of ECW's biggest workers under WWE Contract; RVD, Taz and Tommy Dreamer. I'm hoping they manage to get some of ECW's later stars to come in for this show. Last years was great, as it was mostly early ECW stars but I missed the later ones. If they can get guys like Steve Corino, CW Anderson, Scotty Anton (YEAH I WANNA GIVE YOU THE CLAP! Best theme song evar) and there is alot more I haven't named.

I'm really interested in seeing Wrestlemania this year, as the Randy Orton situation is really interesting to me. They've been working on getting him so over as a heel for the past year, but now Rey is so incredibly over as a face I really almost doubg that they'll put the strap on Orton at Mania.

And thank god Randy Orton is going back to using "Burn in my light" as his theme, as I hated The one he used last week. it was god awful.