Any WWE fans here?

Silv3rKnigh1 06-26-2004 02:35 PM
I used to watch it sometimes with my friends ....WHEN I WAS 12

now I think its dumb, its so fony
Raven 06-26-2004 02:47 PM
I used to be a huge wrestling fan. My favorites were Hogan, Steiner, Jarrett, and Raven. But now WWE is getting rid of alot of people for their newer and crappier people. God I miss WCW....
Dude Love 06-26-2004 03:09 PM
I stopped watching sightly after the Draft and stuff. Probably a few months afterwards. It started getting really bad, because with the draft there is a higher concentration of fights between crappy superstars because superstars don't fight on both Monday and Thursday, but only one.
Surtur 06-26-2004 03:16 PM
quote:
Originally posted by noTomato
yeah, I like WWE, kinda annoyed by the name change. And I hate it how people say it's all staged - so, even if all the fights or at least most of them are setup, who cares, it's still a 'fight', it's still freaking awesome. right?

that's what I always say. And the fights lately have been good, too. Not like a few months ago when everything was predictable and the only surprises were bad ones. The only thing I wish they did was bring back hardcore matches. Those were always awesome.
Dude Love 06-26-2004 03:20 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Surtur
The only thing I wish they did was bring back hardcore matches. Those were always awesome.

Yeah, that really turned me off. Hardcore matches were the best. Especially with the Championship being defended 24/7 rule. That was great.
Travis Bickle 02-28-2006 04:41 PM
ZOMG OLD THREAD!

I just got back into watching RAW since I have nothing better to occupy my Monday nights with. And buying SvR2K6 was kind of a gateway to it.

However, I've noticed it's gone downhill a lot. They ended last night with Shawn Michaels kissing Vince's ass, which was incredibly lame and dumb. They also have John Cena holding the title, and he's pretty much the reason that I stopped watching in the first place (and nobody in the audience seemd to like him at all, 'cause he kept getting booed).

Anybody else still watch it?
Nine Kuze 02-28-2006 04:49 PM
*looks around the thread*

Holy crap! Where the hell has this been all my life?! I'm a pretty damn BIG WWE fan. But yeah, like everyone else has said, around the fall of 2001, WWE has been peddling out crap to us, and even more so in recent years (Don't get me started on 2002 Mad ).

Yeah, CT, I saw RAW last night too and the whole thing with HBK kissing Vince's ass was dumb and very predictable, which is WWE's problem altogether. Even without reading spoilers on the Internet, I've watched WWE long enough to tell what's going to happen way before it even does happen.

You stopped watching because of John Cena... good man. I just don't think he's that damn good, tries TOO hard to be The Rock, and yeah, a lot of people now are booing him and that's pissing Vince off something fierce. Oh well, Triple H is going to beat at WrestleMania 22 anyway for the WWE Championship so don't worry anymore. He needs to go back to being a heel. He was much more entertaining that way.

I still can't believe there's a WWE thread here. Big Grin I'm so adding this to my favorites.
Peace.
Travis Bickle 02-28-2006 05:00 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Nine XXVI
Even without reading spoilers on the Internet, I've watched WWE long enough to tell what's going to happen way before it even does happen.

Same here. It's easy.

What's really sad is the following:

-I have yet to see a match without either cheat, interference, and/or interaction outside of the ring. There are no more straight wrestling matches. Everything involves some dirty tactic in one way or another.
-Vince is old and stupid. They shouldn't use a "boss vs. wrestler" story anymore. It sucks without Stone Cold.
-Tazz doesn't wrestle anymore. Tazz was awesome in ECW. Tazz is an awesome wrestler. WTF?
-A lot of former WWE and Intercontinental champions are doing nothing now. Goldust (even though I hate him) is on HEAT. Some former WWE champs are going for the lower titles (JBL, Benoit, etc.)
-Rob Van Dam still isn't WWE Champion
-The Coach still has a job
-Matt Striker doesn't wrestle at all
-Mark Henry got a title shot
-WHO THE f*** IS THE BOOGEYMAN!?
-Eddie's death being used as a story
-all the good wrestlers from OVW are being used as either jobbers or just nothing really good
-CM Punk isn't on TV yet
-all the good wrestlers have gone to TNA
Nine Kuze 02-28-2006 05:14 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Cerpin Taxt
quote:
Originally posted by Nine XXVI
Even without reading spoilers on the Internet, I've watched WWE long enough to tell what's going to happen way before it even does happen.

Same here. It's easy.

What's really sad is the following:

-I have yet to see a match without either cheat, interference, and/or interaction outside of the ring. There are no more straight wrestling matches. Everything involves some dirty tactic in one way or another.
-Vince is old and stupid. They shouldn't use a "boss vs. wrestler" story anymore. It sucks without Stone Cold.
-Tazz doesn't wrestle anymore. Tazz was awesome in ECW. Tazz is an awesome wrestler. WTF?
-A lot of former WWE and Intercontinental champions are doing nothing now. Goldust (even though I hate him) is on HEAT. Some former WWE champs are going for the lower titles (JBL, Benoit, etc.)
-Rob Van Dam still isn't WWE Champion
-The Coach still has a job
-Matt Striker doesn't wrestle at all
-Mark Henry got a title shot
-WHO THE f*** IS THE BOOGEYMAN!?
-Eddie's death being used as a story
-all the good wrestlers from OVW are being used as either jobbers or just nothing really good
-CM Punk isn't on TV yet
-all the good wrestlers have gone to TNA

This is ALL pretty much true, my man. Mostly, the Vince is stupid part, because in all seriousness, he is quite stupid.

Give RVD some time. He just came back, but if he isn't WWE Champion around SummerSlam, those fatcats in Connecticut are gonna hear from me.

I would like to know who the Boogeyman is myself, and WTF is the deal with the worms?!

TNA has The Dudley Boyz, Christian, Jeff Hardy, Rhyno, America's Most Wanted, the New Age Outlaws, and Raven... Yeah, good point.

True that there are no "clean" matches anymore, except at WrestleMania at times, but yeah, no one can actually wrestle a clean match anymore.

Other things I have a problem with is that the Women's/Cruiserweight/and Tag Team Divisions were totally destroyed. I hardly even remember who the tag team champions are. (I think Kane and Big Show and MNM). And it doesn't help that they keep breaking up good tag teams.

Trish Stratus as been the Women's Champion for 14 months (don't worry about that, it'll be her and Mickie James at WM22. Mickie will win. Just watch Pleased ) because there'r no one else to give the title to. Lita is now non-wrestling personal call-girl to Edge, Victoria has turned into a bimbo, who ironically hangs out with Torrie and Candice, and all the other girls who can actually wrestle were fired (Christy- my future wife, Molly Holly, Gail Kim). And please, don't get me started on the Cruiserweight Division. Since Mysterio and Chavo left it, its just sad.

Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Rock, and Brock Lesnar need to come back, in some way, shape, or form. Seriously. And for the love of Ricky Steamboat, leave Hulk Hogan alone.

And personally, I don't even watch Smack Down! anymore. Not because I have an evening class, although that's ultimately why, it just sucks overall. The only thing to look for on Smack Down! is basically the Undertaker, who comes in every four months like clockwork, and Eddie Guerrero was the best thing that show. Yeah, the way they're using is name in just pathetic, but he's going to be in the Hall of Fame.

Along with The Hitman. Nice.
Peace.
DorothyFan1 03-02-2006 09:02 AM
Luckily for me...on Monday nights when RAW is on...I usually switch over to the GSN network to watch the High Stakes Poker matches. Now that's interesting and fun to look at. Those games aren't fixed nor premeditated.

Word to the poster who mentioned the WWE got rid of all its real women wrestlers...Molly Holly, Gail Kim, Ivory, and even the ones still remaining...like Victoria and Lita. I feel sorry for Trish Stratus for staying with the WWE. Imagine if she went to TNA?! Mickie James seems to be the only parting gift the WWE is giving fans to show they have any women wrestlers left.

LOL! I would love to see the WWE bring back hardcore matches nonstop. Now that's dedication to wrestling. They only one they're getting is for Wrestlemania between Edge and Mick Foley.
Nine Kuze 03-02-2006 09:22 AM
quote:
Originally posted by DorothyFan1
Word to the poster who mentioned the WWE got rid of all its real women wrestlers...Molly Holly, Gail Kim, Ivory, and even the ones still remaining...like Victoria and Lita. I feel sorry for Trish Stratus for staying with the WWE. Imagine if she went to TNA?! Mickie James seems to be the only parting gift the WWE is giving fans to show they have any women wrestlers left.

LOL! I would love to see the WWE bring back hardcore matches nonstop. Now that's dedication to wrestling. They only one they're getting is for Wrestlemania between Edge and Mick Foley.

Word up, son. That was me. And I just feel like Vince destroyed the Women's Division by firing women who can actually wrestle and complete at an atheltic level and hiring women who strip all night long and are complete airheads. Don't get me wrong, I'm not really complaining, but the wrestling fan in me is just annoyed with the Women's Championship. And the World Tag Team Championship as well.

To be honest, I never really liked the Hardcore Championship's rule of being defended 24/7. It just seemed like a bad idea where anybody (and that's what happened. ANYBODY could win the Hardcore Championship. From wrestlers who never get air time to actual fans.) can win the title. Although the Edge/Foley idea at WM22 is a good idea. Bring out the thumbtacks, Cactus Jack!

Just for fun, here's what WrestleMania 22 looks like noe:
- World Heavyweight Triple Threat Championship: Kurt Angle (C) vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Randy Orton
- WWE Championship: John Cena (C) vs. Triple H
- Vince McMahon vs. Shawn Michaels
- Hardcore Match: Edge vs. Mick Foley
- Money in the Bank: RVD vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. Ric Flair
- Chris Benoit vs. JBL

That's it right now, at the moment. Officially anyway.
Peace.
Randolph 03-02-2006 06:18 PM
What they have on TV today I do not consider "wrestling".
I consider it to be angry old men hitting each other.

I do not have to put the TV on to see that. I can look out the window
at the neighbor's yard to see that.

There doesn't seem to be any professionalism left. It's all just
angry violence-- no real substance.

Also, Women's wrestling I consider to be some kind of
perverse joke. It's like nothing but an excuse for
men to watch wobbly body parts in a more aggressive environment.

Well, that's my opinion at least.
I could be wrong about a lot of that.
Mike 03-02-2006 06:43 PM
Oh man, I haven't watched rasslin' in a long time. I was really into it back when WWF and WCW had that big feud, and when Bill Goldberg made his debut in a massacre of asskicking. And then my interest just sorta petered out after they stopped making WCW games for N64.
DorothyFan1 03-02-2006 09:05 PM
Here are my ideas:

1. Team up Victoria with Kane. This would make sense since Victoria had that "crazy" angle once and she clicked on that one. This would make a great heel/face couple no matter which way you go. Also it allows Kane to go after Edge while Victoria takes care of Lita from interfering. But would Vince McMahon do something that sounds logical and sane? Nah.

2. Offer the GM spot to Bret The Hitman Hart. Now this would be cool. Too bad it's not going to happen. But boy...this would be justice.

3. Make better use of the women wrestlers like Mickie James and Trish Stratus. Like use them for color commentary on other wrestlers matches. Like...when was the last time we've actually heard either Trish or a good female wrestler do live color commentary? Hmm? Give up? Never.

4. As much as people "hate" Stephanie (Mrs. Triple H) McMahon...bring her back. I'd love to see Stephanie do live wresting color commentary. Would be interesting to see how she'd fare against the likes of J.R. Ross doing such duties.

5. Make John Cena heel. He's alot better as a heel than face.

6. Beg The Rock to come back. This way if he comes back...making John Cena heel would be a perfect setup for a feud. Rock vs Cena. Will this happen? This sounds possible and might actually be down the road. Just a hunch though. But interesting speculation.

7. Make Chris "The Masterpiece" Masters the next Triple H. He's their best prospect so the WWE better be afraid if he bolts to TNA. This guy has the mic skills, and everything screams new Triple H. Losing him to the competition could be a disaster. If I was Vince McMahon...I'd make an immediate switch to put Chris Masters up against Cena for the Main Event at Wrestlemania. Sends a good vibe signal to all concerned that Masters is the One they're grooming.
Travis Bickle 03-02-2006 09:18 PM
quote:
4. As much as people "hate" Stephanie (Mrs. Triple H) McMahon...bring her back. I'd love to see Stephanie do live wresting color commentary. Would be interesting to see how she'd fare against the likes of J.R. Ross doing such duties.

She's in charge of writing for both shows, actually.

quote:
5. Make John Cena heel. He's alot better as a heel than face.

Probably going to happen after Wrestlemania

quote:
6. Beg The Rock to come back. This way if he comes back...making John Cena heel would be a perfect setup for a feud. Rock vs Cena. Will this happen? This sounds possible and might actually be down the road. Just a hunch though. But interesting speculation.

Never going to happen

quote:
7. Make Chris "The Masterpiece" Masters the next Triple H. He's their best prospect so the WWE better be afraid if he bolts to TNA. This guy has the mic skills, and everything screams new Triple H. Losing him to the competition could be a disaster. If I was Vince McMahon...I'd make an immediate switch to put Chris Masters up against Cena for the Main Event at Wrestlemania. Sends a good vibe signal to all concerned that Masters is the One they're grooming.

Never should happen. His finishing move is one of the simplist moves in wrestling that they overplay to make look sooooooooo powerful.

And the only reason HHH is so big is because he's married to Stephanie McMahon. Like, in real life.
David Ryder 03-02-2006 11:23 PM
I haven't watch the WWE in a good while for many of the reason's mentioned above. It has gotten so predictable, not to mention alot of their big name wrestlers left for other, lesser know federations. About the only guy that I like anymore is RVD. Also god, Cena needs to go...I'm tired of his "OMFG I'm street dawg, reprazent!" and also I noticed CT mention someguy named the Boogyman...wtf?
Travis Bickle 03-02-2006 11:59 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Gaddes
...and also I noticed CT mention someguy named the Boogyman...wtf?

They have a guy on Smackdown who...get this...smashes clocks over his head and eats worms, all while in weird red face paint.

And they won't talk out a contract with Brett Hart WHY?
David Ryder 03-03-2006 12:06 AM
quote:
They have a guy on Smackdown who...get this...smashes clocks over his head and eats worms, all while in weird red face paint.

wow, yeah that does sound beyond retarded, now I wanna watch SD and check this guys out.
nathjan 03-03-2006 01:34 AM
SNME returns March 18th. Shane vs Shawn in a Street Fight Match, should be interesting if Vince doesn't stick his nose into the fight. Cena and HHH vs Mysterio, Orton and Angle or Undertaker depending on who wins the Championship match on Friday will be kinda cool to watch.

for those of you wondering who the boogeyman is, http://www.wwe.com/superstars/smackdown/boogeyman/
Travis Bickle 03-03-2006 01:54 AM
Think of it, though. It's Shane Vs. Shawn Michaels. Michaels can totally kick his ass. And Vince's ass. At the same time. WHY ARE THEY BOOKING MATCHES LIKE THIS?