Staff Break Weekend (May 14-16)

Krang 05-11-2004 02:31 AM
Just wanted to let everyone know that even though everything has been running smoothly here lately, the mods and admins are going to be taking a short break this Friday, Saturday, and part of Sunday in order to have some time off. This means that this weekend, the forums will be offline. However, you're free to post at Paradigm's backup forums, the Neo-Speakeasy, during this time, and if you're a member of the Megadeus Fighting League, you can still battle at the official MFL Backup Forums. Please note that this is only going to happen once or twice a year at most, so you don't have to worry about planned downtime again for a while after this. I'm just giving everyone advance warning so that you can all plan ahead for the weekend. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to ask me or post them in this thread. Thanks!
R.Jesse 05-11-2004 03:34 AM
cool some mutch needed vacateion for our staff i will take a break as well Smile
Randolph 05-11-2004 08:42 AM
Hey, you've earned a break!
I hope all the members of PCF Staff enjoy a peaceful vacation, however brief it may be.
Delirious 05-11-2004 08:48 AM
Thanks for all the work you do and hope y'all have an awesome time! ^_^
Donatello 05-11-2004 08:50 AM
Yeah krang you and GK deserve it.

What about the drome if you dont mind me asking?
evanASF27 05-11-2004 11:32 AM
hmm...that's good news for the Speakeasy Smile I'll need to get a couple of asistant Bar Tenders to help keep everything in line. It look's like Schwarzwald and Wienberg will have their hands full...maybe I'll enlist one more person for the duration.

Anyways, the Neo-Speakeasy might look a little wierd...Angelfire isn't allowing direct linking so some pictures and symbols may come up as errors...I'll be getting an irev account or use my Ripway account to host the pics. (I might go with irev since I'll be needing Ripway for a new megamix ((which is actually just a semi-megamix Roll Eyes )) ...)

Meh whatever, you guys deserve a rest for all the trouble you'd had to put up with Cool (Just wait until the BBQs on the east + west coasts...man there will be hot discussion afterwards! Big Grin and some payback *cough* )
Wingnut 05-11-2004 02:16 PM
quote:
Originally posted by evanASF27
hmm...that's good news for the Speakeasy Smile I'll need to get a couple of asistant Bar Tenders to help keep everything in line. It look's like Schwarzwald and Wienberg will have their hands full...maybe I'll enlist one more person for the duration.

Anyways, the Neo-Speakeasy might look a little wierd...Angelfire isn't allowing direct linking so some pictures and symbols may come up as errors...I'll be getting an irev account or use my Ripway account to host the pics. (I might go with irev since I'll be needing Ripway for a new megamix ((which is actually just a semi-megamix Roll Eyes )) ...)

Meh whatever, you guys deserve a rest for all the trouble you'd had to put up with Cool (Just wait until the BBQs on the east + west coasts...man there will be hot discussion afterwards! Big Grin and some payback *cough* )

Just make sure that you get the linking right with irev and you should have no problems. Useing and uploading pics there is the easiest thing I've seen, the hardest part is regestering.
I'll tend bar if you don't mind haveing a Zeeky bomb as a barkeep that is. (I doubt a MS would fit in the bar.)
Mr. Fortnight 05-11-2004 02:20 PM
*Out of kindness to everyone involved, I have self deleted this post.

My apologies for any toes stepped on. Sometimes I get a little too enthusiastic.

In any case, carry on.*

Guys, be sure to tell us after you guys get back on how your vacation was! You will be graded! ^.^
evanASF27 05-11-2004 02:40 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Wingnut

Just make sure that you get the linking right with irev and you should have no problems. Useing and uploading pics there is the easiest thing I've seen, the hardest part is regestering.
I'll tend bar if you don't mind haveing a Zeeky bomb as a barkeep that is. (I doubt a MS would fit in the bar.)

hmm..thanks for the tip. If you don't mind the popups for the duration, I'll make you an asistant Bar Tender (aka a Mod) Wink

Anyways...umm... E.M.?? "You got PM" *cough*

*turns away and walks into his office*
Prons 05-11-2004 04:31 PM
Not that I don't think you need a vacation, you (And all the other mods who put up with my crap) deserve one.

How ever, may the Pronsish one implore you? Why the necessitate to oclude the forum during the stage of intermission?
Jonny Axehandle 05-11-2004 04:35 PM
Sure you don't want someone to watch after the site for you? You know, keep it under control, protect it, set it on fire, ect.... Tongue
Donatello 05-11-2004 04:36 PM
quote:
Originally posted by BishojoSenshiProns
How ever, may the Pronsish one implore you? Why the necessitate to oclude the forum during the stage of intermission?

If you just asked, why the site has to go down. I can give that awnser simply. Chaos can occure by the fact that someone can spam or break many rules like spamming. The mods need this break and they cant take it if there is a risk of someone spamming, putting unapropreite links, and so on. That is why the site has to go down. Well the forum part of it at least.

If you didnt ask that. Woopsie. lol.

Anyways will this happen in the tdrome? I noticed some or one tdrome mod that is on this site and the drome
Zopwx2 05-11-2004 06:11 PM
enjoy your break guys.
Krang 05-12-2004 01:19 AM
quote:
Originally posted by BishojoSenshiProns

The point of this is so that the forum staff can take a break. If the forums were left up during that time, they would be left unsupervised, and as Donatello mentioned, that would be the perfect opportunity for troublemakers to attack, leaving a huge mess for the staff to clean up afterward. Taking the forums down for the weekend would mean that the staff wouldn't have to worry about that happening at all.

quote:
Originally posted by Donatello
What about the drome if you dont mind me asking?

Since The Technodrome already had its weekend of downtime (unintentionally), it will remain up and under supervision by the mods.
Silv3rKnigh1 05-13-2004 11:15 PM
ah well im busy all weekend, have a good time mods, im sure u need it
Wingnut 05-17-2004 10:30 AM
Well we're back. Show some love for the Neo-Speakeasy (and evan espically) for hosting the members of PCF while the mods were on vaction.