[Suggestion] Remember settings in the pm-box

Zola 05-07-2004 09:36 PM
Is there any way that we can get the settings in the PM box saved? I went to clean out the box today, and I was thinking "hmm.... why does it say I'm using 84% of my storage when I only see about twenty messages here?"

The answer of course was that the display was only showing messages from the last 100 days and there were a bunch still hidden.

I changed the dropdown to "show all messages" so I could clear it out a little, and EVERY TIME I deleted a message, I had to change the dropdown menu to show all messages again.

Is there any way to get it to "remember" so it will automatically show all messages without having an extra clickthrough each time?
Krang 05-07-2004 10:30 PM
Sorry, but there isn't a way to get the forums to remember that setting (I even checked if there was a way to change the default setting through the ACP). I do know a way around that, though. If you're deleting old messages and you want to read one before deleting it, right click it and choose "Open in New Window" instead so that the message list window isn't reloaded and your settings aren't lost.
Zola 05-07-2004 10:33 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Krang
Sorry, but there isn't a way to get the forums to remember that setting (I even checked if there was a way to change the default setting through the ACP). I do know a way around that, though. If you're deleting old messages and you want to read one before deleting it, right click it and choose "Open in New Window" instead so that the message list window isn't reloaded and your settings aren't lost.

Thanks, that will at least speed it up a little. The old messages are feedback I got and that kind of thing, so mass deletions are right out! Smile