Angel's Groom

Dork 05-07-2004 04:43 PM
I voted 'you', . . . as in 'Tony'.

Big Grin

Fiction is two parts irony anyway. So I figure that if you, Tony, were ever, through some freaky means or another, transported to Paradigm Cty that Angel would prolly far for you. Pleased
Tony Waynewrong 05-07-2004 04:48 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Dork

Big Grin

Fiction is two parts irony anyway. So I figure that if you, Tony, were ever, through some freaky means or another, transported to Paradigm Cty that Angel would prolly far for you. Pleased

Et tu, R. Dorothy Wayneright?
Dork 05-07-2004 04:50 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Tony
quote:

Big Grin

What are you talking about? I started this Big Grin
monolith94 05-09-2004 07:14 AM
Oh, it's definitely gotta be me. *sigh* *swoon*
Tony Waynewrong 05-09-2004 08:18 AM
quote:
quote:
quote:

Big Grin

What are you talking about? I started this Big Grin

Don't remind me. I'd rather go out with a refrigerator with a red wig than with someone I'd have look over my shoulders. No, there is no room in my heart for the Angels of this world. However, I'd love to be her friend.
A Clockwork Tomato 05-09-2004 09:29 AM
quote:

Big Grin

Fiction is two parts irony anyway. So I figure that if you, Tony, were ever, through some freaky means or another, transported to Paradigm Cty that Angel would prolly fall for you. Pleased

While it's wonderful fun to tease Tony -- and I hereby insist that it be made an Olympic event just as soon as possible -- I think that Angel is, underneath her affected mannerisms and her taste in clothes, basically a tomboy whose real interests are mostly work-related -- the spy business, in her case. She goes for guys whose jobs skills overlap hers.

She falls for Roger because Roger out-Angels Angel, both in terms of job skills and in superficialities. While she dresses appropriately for her secretary job, Roger is always overdressed. His car makes a louder statement than her car. She can't pull the trigger; he doesn't even carry a gun. He has better spy gadgets than she does. She only pretends to be independent; he really is. She's in the spy business because it's cool; he's in the superhero business because somebody has to do it -- so his idealism trumps hers. His insecurity is papered over more convincingly than her insecurity -- but it's still visible, so she doesn't have to feel like he's too good for her.
C.R Foxhound 05-09-2004 09:45 AM
StevieV019
Tony Waynewrong 05-09-2004 09:47 AM
quote:
Originally posted by A Clockwork Tomato
quote:

Big Grin

Fiction is two parts irony anyway. So I figure that if you, Tony, were ever, through some freaky means or another, transported to Paradigm Cty that Angel would prolly fall for you. Pleased

While it's wonderful fun to tease Tony -- and I hereby insist that it be made an Olympic event just as soon as possible -- I think that Angel is, underneath her affected mannerisms and her taste in clothes, basically a tomboy whose real interests are mostly work-related -- the spy business, in her case. She goes for guys whose jobs skills overlap hers.

She falls for Roger because Roger out-Angels Angel, both in terms of job skills and in superficialities. While she dresses appropriately for her secretary job, Roger is always overdressed. His car makes a louder statement than her car. She can't pull the trigger; he doesn't even carry a gun. He has better spy gadgets than she does. She only pretends to be independent; he really is. She's in the spy business because it's cool; he's in the superhero business because somebody has to do it -- so his idealism trumps hers. His insecurity is papered over more convincingly than her insecurity -- but it's still visible, so she doesn't have to feel like he's too good for her.

** Slaps forehead **

Well, you're on your way to the Gold, Dork is a close Silver, and C.R. Foxhound's a bronze.

As for your assessment of Angel being out Angeled by Roger, I agree. I think that's what certainly turns her on to him. But, I don't think she'd be able to nurture him when he's in the rut with his 'end-of-the-world' nightmare fits and doubt she'd comply to his black only clause. That's why they'd make better friends and even great partners, but not a great married couple.
Zola 05-09-2004 09:54 AM
quote:
** Slaps forehead **

Well, you're on your way to the Gold, Dork is a close Silver, and C.R. Foxhound a bronze.

Do I get an honorable mention based on snarky IM's? Big Grin
C.R Foxhound 05-09-2004 10:10 AM
quote:

Well, you're on your way to the Gold, Dork is a close Silver, and C.R. Foxhound a bronze.

Bronze?

lemme tell you sumthing Super Mario

Angel and Stevie are PERFECT for each other. He knows kung fu. she knows...

um...

how to look good in pink, a VERY important trait

They're a match made in heaven Big Grin

BBQ and deviled eggs at the wedding!!!!!! Cool
Nine Kuze 10-20-2006 08:17 PM
To be honest, I have never liked or understood the pairing of Dastun and Angel. It just doesn't seem right to me at all. Also, I would vote for her and Roger getting married but Roger is clearly in love with Dorothy even though Angel has feelings for ol' boy as well.

So yeah, I don't know you I'd vote for. Just for fun, how about 'you' and I don't think Dastun should be an option for Angel. Where did this idea come from anyway?
Peace.