[Question] Post didn't register?

Green_Bird 05-02-2004 12:47 AM
Okay so I posted in the Wolf's rain thread...when I did I got a page can not be found thing before I got to the thread. So I went back to the thread and saw that my post was there. but I went back to the main page and saw that the post didn't register. it still said Silv3rknigh1 (Who posted before me.). but every time I went to the thread, I got my post and nothing under it (Thinking that he came back and posted) But my post was the last post and there were no other pages!

What causes this? I just thought this was odd.....
The Fallen Phoenix 05-02-2004 01:10 AM
It's been happening to me a lot, too. Moreover, I've found the forums timing out every once in a while. I'm presuming it's server issues...
Krang 05-02-2004 01:25 AM
I'm trying to refresh the threads in the database to fix the problem, but it's stuck at 34%... Mad I have been contacting our host since 4/25 about the slowness, but so far nothing has been done...

Edit: Ok, it's fixed. Please let me know if it happens again.
evanASF27 05-02-2004 01:46 AM
I don't know if this has any relevance to this subject, but sometimes (like late nights 12:00am -> 3:00am) when I'm posting I get a page error page thingy and then I attempt to repost it like 5 times and nothing goes through (getting the same error each time). Then when I come back the next day (or actually later that day) in the afternoon I can post without any problems.
Is this server related or is my internet connection just regularly f***ing up? Confused Sweatdrop Frown

(I remember once I tried posting in the Panorama Pics thread late one night earlier this week and I couldn't...I tried about 14 times and I gave up afterwards...hence why i could only get up 2 of the 4 pics that night...I had to post the rest along with the ones for that day later in the following afternoon)

*EDIT*
This post took me two attempts to get through...
Krang 05-02-2004 02:59 AM
Yep, that's also being caused by the server problems. I'll try contacting our host again to see if they'll look into the problem yet...
Seraphim 05-02-2004 08:54 AM
Interesting. I've only been having problem with timeouts on the boards, none of the other stuff, though.
Almasy 05-02-2004 09:57 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Big_Venus
Okay so I posted in the Wolf's rain thread...when I did I got a page can not be found thing before I got to the thread. So I went back to the thread and saw that my post was there. but I went back to the main page and saw that the post didn't register. it still said Silv3rknigh1 (Who posted before me.). but every time I went to the thread, I got my post and nothing under it (Thinking that he came back and posted) But my post was the last post and there were no other pages!

That exact same situation happened to me, too, yesterday!
Schwarzwald 05-02-2004 11:10 AM
haha. It has probably happened to everyone who has been on these fourms for over a month... happened to me 2 times yesterday...
Dude Love 05-02-2004 12:19 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Almasy
quote:
Originally posted by Big_Venus

That exact same situation happened to me, too, yesterday!

The same thing happened to me. I just shrugged it off, however. Let's see..I remember it happening with XNE's Conlict in Humans thread, for starters.
R.Jesse 05-02-2004 02:54 PM
it happened on the war theread to me Confused
evanASF27 05-02-2004 03:10 PM
Well since it's obviously a server problem, we'll just have to put up with until a solution is found.

((Though this is getting annoying...hmm, if I remember correctly what happened to Big_Venus, Almasy and you others also happened to me once earlier in the MFL. I posted a turn and I saw my post there but it didn't register...let's hope this get's solved soon.))
X Prime 05-02-2004 03:24 PM
The posts don't register technically due to only part of the MySQL queries getting through... Namely, the actual post, but not the queries that update thread last post or thread/post counts. In other words, it's likely somebody is abusing the MySQL DBs on your server.
Negotiator_Roger_Smith 05-02-2004 03:45 PM
Those problems have happenend to me when i am posting! it seems like it start happenend happend after 6 pm! somedays i have no problems other days it happenends to me several times!
Kittie heavenly6 05-03-2004 10:40 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Krang
Yep, that's also being caused by the server problems. I'll try contacting our host again to see if they'll look into the problem yet...

Ahhh is that why I've been having trouble posting as well?
Krang 05-04-2004 01:04 AM
quote:
Originally posted by GK Version 1
quote:
Originally posted by Krang

Ahhh is that why I've been having trouble posting as well?

Yes, I'm pretty sure that the same server problem is the cause of your posting problems also. I submitted a trouble ticket about it a few days ago and I'm currently waiting for a response...
Wingnut 05-04-2004 09:14 AM
This problem seems to strike randomly and without warning. Also no one is safe from being a victim. I myself have run into this problem more time than I care to recount and just this morning Tony accidentily did a triple post in his own thread in the Nightengals Club. There seems to be no predictible nature to this bug, other than to randomly piss us off from time to time.
Krang 05-05-2004 04:04 AM
Good news, our host found 2 users on the server that could possibly be the cause of the problem, and their hosting accounts are now being monitored. I'm not sure how much longer this will take, but at least progress is being made.
Krang 05-08-2004 11:23 PM
According to our host, the problem may finally be fixed! The error shouldn't happen anymore, but please let me know if it does.
evanASF27 05-08-2004 11:26 PM
..it happened again ... now Sweatdrop ...as in about 10 minutes or so ago when I tried to post an answer to a question in a thread...
Krang 05-08-2004 11:36 PM
Hmm... ok, it looks like the problem isn't completely under control yet, but hopefully it will at least be reduced.