[Question] Post didn't register?

evanASF27 05-08-2004 11:40 PM
well i think it has been reduced...since by now I would be tearing out every wire in the keyboard in anger from so many posts not going through...

(in other words...I've posted over 5 posts without trouble now...if I had posted those say last week when there was a problem, I'd be really angry cos they wouldn't be going through. Wink )
Benjamin 05-10-2004 10:56 AM
This has been happening to me too...

I accidently double posted because of it...

Mad <---- That is how pissed I was
Dude Love 05-28-2004 11:44 PM
Seems posts aren't registering, again. I had a bit of trouble posting at about 12:40 in the MFL. And, when I did, the post is there, but it says Evan was the last to post.

Just thought I'd keep you informed.
Wingnut 05-28-2004 11:47 PM
I just now royally cursed out my computer for the same thing at about the same time. That really screws up time sensitive postings, no matter how trivial the subject may be.
Edit: It's affecting movement amongst the forums as well as disrupting posts.
Krang 05-29-2004 01:01 AM
I'll try to manually update the database as often as possible. I'm not sure why this problem was never cleared up, even though the speed seems to be a little better now...
evanASF27 05-30-2004 02:12 AM
I had problems today with two posts... One in the anime pans thread (the fujiko one) and my last in the "PCF Arrow game" thread.

The first took I think 2 tries at posting, and the other one 4.

I think there is some fine print you didn't read Roll Eyes ...or the server (or whatever it is) is slippin O_o;;
The Fallen Phoenix 05-30-2004 02:29 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Krang
I'll try to manually update the database as often as possible. I'm not sure why this problem was never cleared up, even though the speed seems to be a little better now...

Could it have been because of the recent upgrade? Since from the looks of it, this problem has apparently resurfaced at about the same time as the upgrade...
Krang 05-30-2004 02:36 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Xineohp Nellaf Eht
Could it have been because of the recent upgrade? Since from the looks of it, this problem has apparently resurfaced at about the same time as the upgrade...

Good idea, but no, it's definitely a server problem rather than a software problem. Unfortunately, there's not much I can do about it, since our host won't do anything about the users who hog up the server resources...
Mr. Saturn 05-30-2004 04:40 AM
Dagnabbit, after 3 tries, I finally posted in the Picture Thread, and it didnt register! I wonder if this will just clear itself up or must it be fixed.

EDIT: and apparently this one didnt register either Sweatdrop
Zopwx2 05-30-2004 05:31 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Krang
quote:
Originally posted by Xineohp Nellaf Eht

Good idea, but no, it's definitely a server problem rather than a software problem. Unfortunately, there's not much I can do about it, since our host won't do anything about the users who hog up the server resources...

Even though you can't do anything about it, it still helps to complain.

I posted in a couple threads after I pressed add reply 50 times.

When it finally went through, it didn't register.

It also is responsible for this double post.

I feel much better.
Dude Love 05-30-2004 11:53 AM
I've only had issues with this at night. The day usually turns out fine. At least, to my memory that's when the issues happen.
Krang 05-31-2004 12:27 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Zopwx2
Even though you can't do anything about it, it still helps to complain.

Believe me, I have complained. Many, many times. But they closed the support ticket I opened about it a while back, and they took down their support forums for some reason so I can't complain there either. I think the real reason that they're not doing anything about it is that they don't know what's causing it, either...
X Prime 05-31-2004 12:33 AM
Well yeah... They've said repeatedly that it's hard to track down high users.. (Though i don't see how that's possible)
evanASF27 06-08-2004 03:34 PM
sorry to be a pain..as I usually am Roll Eyes heh heh...I'm trying to lighten the mood here, finals and all this studying is KILLING my spirit...

anyways, here's what I've come to report. The site didn't respond to me posting and didn't even load when I just went to the forums' "home" (paradigm-city.com/forums). Nothing. My post in the Cookout thread didn't register and it took a few minutes to post a few posts earlier today...
Wingnut 06-12-2004 11:04 PM
It's happening again...
I am loseing several long and well thought out posts as a result. Needless to say I am not happy with the system right now. Mad
Dude Love 06-12-2004 11:24 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Wingnut
It's happening again...
I am loseing several long and well thought out posts as a result. Needless to say I am not happy with the system right now. Mad

This happens at the same time nearly every night.

I think it got to one point today that I posted in the Pool Room and the post counted to my count... Smile
Krang 06-13-2004 12:07 AM
They probably won't listen to you, but if you want to complain directly to our host, use the email address under "General Support" here: http://www.unithosting.net/contact.php

Good luck, because I'm the account owner and they won't even reply to me... Sweatdrop
evanASF27 06-13-2004 11:25 PM
yep happens every night (this past week) when I try to post...except for tonight...hasn't happened yet tonight O_o;;
Seraphim 06-14-2004 01:50 AM
quote:
Originally posted by evanASF27
yep happens every night (this past week) when I try to post...except for tonight...hasn't happened yet tonight O_o;;

I haven't had it in a while. I had my first case of it tonight (that is, first case in a while).
pen1300 06-14-2004 06:46 AM
I posted in the Farenheit 9/11 thread and pressed "Add reply" twice. In turn, I got one of those "error" pages that the page could not be reached. So, after the second time, I decided just to see if the post DID go through, and yes, it did, but the forum itself did not recognize my post. It still says the last poster before me, even though I posted today at 7:30 AM. (So...it doesn't look like Nighttime...though probably happens more then)

This is strange. I've had this happen to me once before in the Nightengale after I did some work, but I wasn't worried about it... but I just thought I'd mention my post.

Sorry to complain. You probably can't do anything about it (sounds like the server people won't do anything about it...), but I just thought I'd mention it. Embarrassed Sweatdrop

EDIT: GRR! It just happened to me now! I thought I lost it all but it registered...hm...is my internet speed partly to blame? (I'm still on a modem and for some dumb reason this connected at about 41333 bps [usually, on any other computer, I can get 44000]). Just had a thought it could be that...

Later,
Pen1300