Dastun and Angel?

Tony Waynewrong 05-02-2004 06:11 PM
quote:
Originally posted by A Clockwork Tomato
quote:
Originally posted by Dork
The children were supposed to be Dastun and Sybil Rowan.

I can't shake the feeling that Dastun and Sybil were made for each other, and that fate has played them a cruel trick. The same might be said about Angel and Roger; Roger it the man for her, but his heart belongs to another.

In a vague sort of way, Dan and Angel have been through the wringer in similar ways. They can understand each other.

I get this same feeling too. It's just sucks that Sybil met her untimely demise. I wonder if Dastun really digs French chicks with hairy arm pits, or will he force her to shave them. Wink

Oh well, Angel makes a great consolation prize to Dan. Smile
Big Money 05-02-2004 06:35 PM
Now, I've said it before and I'll say it again: I'm not one to argue with Uncle Tomato.

That said, I put "Huh?" because I really am not sure what it is you are talking about. It might be that I haven't seen 23, it might be that I'm really dense about this kind of thing (so sue me, I watch for the robots...), and it might be that it isn't there (least likely)...
A Clockwork Tomato 05-02-2004 08:22 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Big Money
Now, I've said it before and I'll say it again: I'm not one to argue with Uncle Tomato.

That said, I put "Huh?" because I really am not sure what it is you are talking about. It might be that I haven't seen 23, it might be that I'm really dense about this kind of thing (so sue me, I watch for the robots...), and it might be that it isn't there (least likely)...

I wasn't very clear. Let's see...

In ... Act 21, I'm pretty sure ... Angel flees the scene where Alan Gabriel is attacking Dorothy after Roger shows up. Dastun picks up her gun, finds her, talks to her, hands her back her gun, and Something Passes Between Them when their hands touch.

Later, we see Dastun keeping his list of suspects open to the sheet for Angel. He clearly has her on his mind.

When his men discover where she might be, Dastun immediately leaks this information to Roger, obviously hoping that Roger will find her before Dastun's own men do! In short, Dastun is obsessed with Angel and is trying to protect her.
Nine Kuze 11-21-2006 11:23 AM
*I'm bringin' it back*

No offense to anybody but I never, never understood why people like the matchup of Angel and Dastun. I don't really see the connection, and I understand the scene which Uncle Tomato is talking about but I'm still not sure about a loving relationship between those two just on that merit alone.

The way I see it, Angel was for Roger. Until that darn Dorothy that is. So, I'd rather see her single or with Roger and the latter is especially not going to happen.

quote:
Originally posted by Green_Bird
quote:
Originally posted by Tifaria
I've had the same internal debate about Cowboy Bebop; I like the idea of Spike/Faye, but it just won't work. Appearance-wise, they're a great couple, as are Roger/Angel, but Spike, like Roger, has given his heart to someone else. (waves Jet/Faye flag)

Sorry to get off topic here, if you remember...

spoiler (highlight to read):
In RFBII, Faye didn't want Spike to leave. She tried to confince him not to go, but he still went anyway. I always took that as being her real fealing about Spike showing though.

But In Big O, Angel and Roger had that moment (See Almasy post). But, She knew that he liked dorothy (She started to laugh) But in CB that was not the case! Faye didn't start laughting like angel did because she knew that Spike was still in love with Julia, She just broke down....She really didn't exsept the fact that Spike was still in love with Julia. Unlike angel who exsepted Roger+Dorothy to a point.

Feel free to corect me.....

Aside from the Faye/Jet pairing, I really like this. Go on if you may...
Peace.
Nazrael 11-21-2006 01:08 PM
I had thought Sybil Rowan was supposed to be Dastun's sister...
Nine Kuze 11-21-2006 01:10 PM
Whoa. Hell no, man. Hell no.

From "Winter Night Phantom", where did you get that notion from?
Peace.
David Ryder 11-21-2006 03:01 PM
From what I gathered in the second season of Big O, I'm pretty sure that's what Sunrise had in mind.
Nazrael 11-21-2006 07:32 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Nine XXVI
Whoa. Hell no, man. Hell no.

From "Winter Night Phantom", where did you get that notion from?
Peace.

The two children at the theatre were supposed ot be them correct? They also appeared at the end of Winter Night Phantom. Young Sybil Rowan's head was on Young Dastun's shoulder, if it was some sort of "date" Dastun would probably be embarressed at such a young age. Instead, he doesn't even notice. Their relationship seemed like siblings to me.

It certainly would fit with my theory that Sybil and Dastun's lives are merely reenactments of the movie they saw together right before the memory wipe. Notice that Dastun starts to become less and less like a cop after Winter Night Phantom. Perhaps it's because Sybil hit him hard emotionally, or it's because that was simply the end of the movie. And Dastun no longer had a part to play.