quote:
Originally posted by PaladinAlexanderAnderson
quote:
Originally posted by Jonny Axehandle
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Jonny Axehandle
Explain people who go from straight to gay/gay to straight. You can't.

Easy!
They force themselves to. My dads co-worker is gay. He was in denial got married and had 3 kids.

Therefore, it IS choice. One of the things that makes us human is that we can rebel against our own DNA.

No. They are born gay. PERIOD! They cant FULLY become straught. They can force themselfs to ACT straight and participate in "straight" sex. But they are only denying who they really are. Nobody SANE wants to live a lie. You know what. It honestly isn't any of or damn business what they do behind close dorrs is it. NO!
Face it homosexuals and bisexuals are here to stay! PERIOD!

Yeah GAT your prolly right. But deep down he prolly had a feeling.

Yeah... really just because your gay doesn't mean you won't like someone of the oppiset sex... heck you have best friends who are the same sex even if your aren't gay... am i right?

Bloody... marriages I think hardly happen REALLY out of love... but a good long friendship... and tahts what this person had. Althought they would prefer having sex with a male... heck... it can still happen... and its good to make other people happy right? Big Grin
Prons 04-29-2004 08:22 PM
As a note you can not be born gay, there is no gay gene, and yes many people can stop being gay if they wanted to.
dominusofdeath 04-29-2004 08:24 PM
quote:
Originally posted by BishojoSenshiProns
As a note you can not be born gay, there is no gay gene, and yes many people can stop being gay if they wanted to.

And what scientific proof do you have.
Sorry but the Bible don't count it's not scientific.
BabyGhia 04-29-2004 08:25 PM
My opinion...

It's not bad. What a person chooses to do with their body is their own business regardless of what I think and what others think.

In my eyes... now remember... THIS IS MY OPINION!!!!... it would be like someone telling me it was wrong to watch anime or brush my teeth or drive a car or do anything.

Just my two cents.

BabyGhia
Tony Waynewrong 04-29-2004 08:25 PM
quote:
Originally posted by BishojoSenshiProns

Nobody is sure of that. Some think it's genetic; some thinks it's hormonal; while other's believe it's environmental. Nobody knows.
Mike 04-29-2004 08:27 PM
quote:
But deep down he prolly had a feeling.

Exactly. You're born gay, but you don't know it until much later.

There may not exactly be a gene that says "Gay" or "Straight" but there's probably one that controls some chemicals in the brain which controls how the mind sees sexuality.
dominusofdeath 04-29-2004 08:33 PM
quote:
Originally posted by GAT-X105
quote:
But deep down he prolly had a feeling.

There may not exactly be a gene that says "Gay" or "Straight" but there's probably one that controls some chemicals in the brain which controls how the mind sees sexuality.

Oh and BTW READ THIS!(not you GAT everyone!)
http://www.newdirection.ca/a_biol.htm
http://www.avert.org/hsexu2.htm
I mean those are GREAT! Even if you don't have the time read them!
Yes I'm aware that they contradict some of my statements.
Bismarck 04-29-2004 08:35 PM
While I don't agree with homosexuality or being bisexual it's not my right to impose my beliefs on other people. People should be able to live their lives as they would choose, we have free will and a country that lets us express that for the most part after all. So if a guy or girl is gay or bi then just leave them alone it's their life not yours.

quote:
GAT-X105

I don't believe you are born gay, but that it is a sexual preference a person makes for themselves over time. But as said before scientists have not come to a consensus on what makes an induvidual gay.
dominusofdeath 04-29-2004 08:36 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Bismarck
While I don't agree with homosexuality or being bisexual it's not my right to oppose my beliefs on other people. People should be able to live their lives as they would choose, we have free will and a country that lets us express that for the most part after all. So if a guy or girl is gay or bi then just leave them alone it's their life not yours.

Even though your not on my side. That is one of the greatist posts I have ever read!
I freaking salute you!
The wierd thing is your younger than me.
Dang your pretty smart!
EDIT 2: I really wish Sharpshooter were here. He is awesomely smart!
(LMAO!)
Name Of God 04-29-2004 08:55 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Rekkoha
I believe strongly in absolute standards of good and evil.
If God has said that it is wrong, then it is wrong. God does not change.

This is going off topic, a bit, but while God arguably doesn't change, the laws do.

In the old testament, anyone who sinned was doomed to die, but then the whole Jesus dying for all are sins happened. Now, according to the gospel, anyone who accepts Jesus as their savior is redeemed from sin.

So while being gay/bi may be an evil sin, they are redeemed.

I think I spelled "redeemed" wrong.

Ooh, here's a fun fact: the latin term for "gospel" is "evangalion." Whee!
Randolph 04-29-2004 09:19 PM
To comment upon past posts, there is no gay gene. You cannot be born gay. While I cannot prove it, to the same extent can you not prove it.
The only thing that can upset the balance is by disrupting hormones. A man gains too much estrogen, he becomes feminine. But that does not mean he will AUTOMATICALLY become gay. It is his choice.
Will you then tell people who are straight that they MUST be gay because they have a slight tendency towards gayness, and are in denial? This is, to me, narrow-minded.

As Xel said, it is arranged as a spectrum; when it comes to this orientation, it is not black and white, there are many, many shades of gray.

And also, it has been said that the Bible does not count towards this because it is not scientific. Then tell me, what does the science of evolution tell you?
The human body split into two genders. These genders grew to depend on one another. The female body was designed to accept the male body, and they were and are designed within to work with one another. Male and female hormones react to one another, male and female behavior generates reactions in the other, opposites attract no matter how you look at it; even evolution tells us that to attempt to break this law of nature is foolishness, for we have been spending countless eons developing ourselves to behave in this fashion. To go against it is to rebel against the very universe.
dominusofdeath 04-29-2004 09:30 PM
Men get pregnant also.
http://www.malepregnancy.com/science/
I was shocked when I read it also.
The Fallen Phoenix 04-29-2004 09:34 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Bismarck
While I don't agree with homosexuality or being bisexual it's not my right to impose my beliefs on other people. People should be able to live their lives as they would choose, we have free will and a country that lets us express that for the most part after all. So if a guy or girl is gay or bi then just leave them alone it's their life not yours.

quote:
GAT-X105

I don't believe you are born gay, but that it is a sexual preference a person makes for themselves over time. But as said before scientists have not come to a consensus on what makes an induvidual gay.

These are my thoughts exactly, save that last paragraph. Personally, I stay away from the "they choose to be" versus "they're born to be" argument, since neither side has sufficiently gathered enough evidence to prove it.

As long as we're talking about using the Bible to decide what's right and wrong, there have been some relevent points made: for one, we shouldn't be so quick to judge others. As was stated before, God will decide for Himself whether they are deserving of Damnation or Salvation, it's not up for us humans to decide. Besides, I don't think we should take the Bible as a literal guideline anyway (these are just my beliefs, I'm not trying to force them on anyone). After all, if God had to conform exactly as the Bible dictates, He would hardly be all-powerful...Moreover, if one wants to accept Jesus as the Messiah who died for our Sins, then we can and will be forgiven if we so choose to be.

In addition, the Bible, in my opinion (and in the opinion of many Catholic theologians, but that's besides the point), isn't meant to be taken literally: it wasn't meant to be taken literally then and it shouldn't be taken literally now. Again, that's just my own opinion, so I won't go into greater detail because I have no desire to force it on others.

Therefore, while yes, the Bible may condemn homosexuality, look at all of the other laws in Deuteronomy that most Christians fail to adhere to. More specifically, all of the dietary laws. I guess that means all Christians are going to be going to Hell, then.

In conclusion, I'll admit that I personally do not agree with homosexuality or being bisexual. But like Bismarck, I don't have the right to impose my judgment on the matter. That will be up for God to decide, and as arrogant as I am that's one position I dare not usurp.
Kittie heavenly6 04-29-2004 09:34 PM
Alright, I'm sick of the fighting in this thread... Almasy already said not to take the fighting too far, and I did too. Now I'm just going to kill it.