The *Official* TRIGUN thread! ^_^ (Yum Donuts!)

evanASF27 05-01-2004 02:28 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Lynnet
The Angel Arm is meant to be...an angel arm.

It's just a name given to it from the MFL...I personally have no idea what it really is called. So if anyone actually DOES know please slap me and tell me the right name Embarrassed Sweatdrop
Mike 05-01-2004 02:52 PM
quote:
Originally posted by evanASF27
quote:
Originally posted by Lynnet
The Angel Arm is meant to be...an angel arm.

It's just a name given to it from the MFL...I personally have no idea what it really is called. So if anyone actually DOES know please slap me and tell me the right name Embarrassed Sweatdrop

Do you mean Vash's arm?

Because I heard that Angel Arm actually is its real name.
evanASF27 05-01-2004 04:12 PM
really? ...hmm...wow...well then whatever Cool nevermind
Ozymandius Jones 05-01-2004 04:37 PM
Trigun is, without a doubt, my favorite anime show...Vash is cool. But yeah,m I never quite got the "plant" thing either...of course, I've been relying mostly on episode guides and spoiler sites to get all of my information...cheers to adult swim for starting it again!
Atropos 05-02-2004 11:32 PM
Ahh, Trigun. It was the first anime I REALLY got into. I would watch it religiously last summer, and accidentally ended up sleeping through one and a half episodes of the first run I watched. I was ready to murder myself at those times. Tongue Haven't picked up the second manga volume yet, but now that I've started my summer job I now have a source of income (yay!), so that will probably be purchased quite soon. Big Grin

Hell, I even got my boyfriend, who never had watched anime despite how all his friends did, into the series. After it caught his interest he told me, "Congratulations. You got me interested in an anime. You've accomplished what Eric has been trying to do for years." Tongue

spoiler (highlight to read):
And as for Vash's third gun, the huge frickin' thing his arm transforms into, from what I've gathered, it's official name is the Angel Arm. The title of the 5th (I believe) DVD is actually "Angel Arms." It's just never mentioned in the actual series; for whatever reason it's just called "it."

And Wolfwood: the best priest EVER.
evanASF27 05-02-2004 11:51 PM
"You're really good at your trade! Sweatdrop "

Damn I love that scene Big Grin It's gotta be one of the funniest moments besides the parts in the first episode...
aquascript 05-03-2004 12:33 AM
angel arm= a gun that vash's brother found on the crashed spaceship in some episode..
see him use it a few times...
elwood 06-05-2004 01:04 AM
The plants are actual beings in some other form/plane of existence, dont know if they are captured by or are protected by the "light bulbs" they reside in, I understand that vash and knives were some kind of "tween" state of these plants, found attatched by umbillical cords to them, obviously not a planned occorance as the crew wanted to kill them, but rem saved them.

Elwood
harshfire 06-06-2004 06:13 PM
I just read the 2nd manga and I'm confused now. It says something about Wolfwood being a guy named "Chapel" of the Gung Ho Guns. I'm really confused.
noTomato 06-06-2004 06:22 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Reki
I just read the 2nd manga and I'm confused now. It says something about Wolfwood being a guy named "Chapel" of the Gung Ho Guns. I'm really confused.

the manga is different from the anime in many ways, so there could be something different from the show...and I remember a time where I kept argueing with my brother that
Chapel the Evergreen was Wolfwood's master and NOT wolfwood.
I could be wrong.
harshfire 06-06-2004 06:41 PM
quote:
Originally posted by noTomato
quote:
Originally posted by Reki

the manga is different from the anime in many ways, so there could be something different from the show...and I remember a time where I kept argueing with my brother that
Chapel the Evergreen was Wolfwood's master and NOT wolfwood.
I could be wrong.

I dunno. I suppose that could be true. But Legato called him "Chapel"/ I'm right!!! He's an x-member of the Gung-Ho Guns!!!!
elwood 06-06-2004 09:44 PM
Chapel and wolfwood were one and the same charecter in the manga, but became 2 charecters in the anime.

Elwood
evanASF27 06-06-2004 09:54 PM
yah. Chapel was the guy with the funky small type google glasses that was Wolfwood's master. Though it may seem to imply Woflwood as Chaple in some of the episodes, I'm pretty damn sure that Chapel was the one with the different type of Cross machinegun (the one that breaks into two guns, whereas Wolfwood's is one large one). Of course I'm only speaking for the Anime. I haven't read the manga. I think that Legato calls Wolfwood's master "Chapel" in one of the episodes towards the end (when we see knives for the first time not in a flashback).
shortyp 06-07-2004 10:00 AM
Hi! I am a big Trigun fan myself and that is what I like about Vash, he does not kill willingly, and he despises hurting people. The ending of the show also left alot of questons... (I won't spoil it for you if you never saw the end) My brother has the whole show on tape. P.S I like that quote from GTO, which Volume was that from?
Barrin 06-07-2004 10:35 AM
Something that might be unique to Trigun is how the anime and manga were created. From what I can understand, the manga came first, published in two volumes, now available in the USA from Dark Horse Manga. The origional publishers of the manga collapsed, leaving it unended. It became poplulur, and an anime was created, with guidelines from Nightow on how to progress. Meanwhile, the manga-ka found a neew publisher, reprinted the origional story, and created a sequel called Trigun Maximum. I can think of no series where something like tghis has occured before.
The Big Ian 06-07-2004 04:02 PM
Speaking of which, Trigun Maximum Vol 1 is out now! Woot!

Random thought: funniest Vash face ever: when he's humming/singing while listening to music and dances into the saloon. (Episode 2? And one of the extra episodes of the manga.)
Atropos 06-07-2004 06:19 PM
In the anime, there were two separate characters, one called Nicholas D. Wolfwood and the other Chapel the Evergreen (the gung-ho gun and Wolfwood's mentor). In the manga, the two characters are the same people (as both evan and elwood pointed out Smile ). Wolfwood's gung-ho gun name is "Chapel the Evergreen." Although I have read in multiple places that Wolfwood was alternatively called "Chapel the Peacemaker," but I'm not sure whether that was in the anime or manga...

I DO remember in either episode 20 or 21, Leonof says to Wolfwood, "You are the one who rings the black funeral bell, Chapel the--" and then he's cut off by Wolfwood. Since Chapel the Evergreen and Wolfwood were different people in the anime, I kind of always assumed that Leonof was about to say "Chapel the Peacemaker." After all, I guess death could bring peace.

Speaking of Trigun Maximum, does anyone know of any bookstores that carry it yet? Like maybe Borders or Barnes and Noble? I'd like to pick it up, but I really don't want to have to order it off line.
Wingnut 06-07-2004 06:39 PM
quote:
Originally posted by The Big Ian
Speaking of which, Trigun Maximum Vol 1 is out now! Woot!

Random thought: funniest Vash face ever: when he's humming/singing while listening to music and dances into the saloon. (Episode 2? And one of the extra episodes of the manga.)

Episode #4 it was, the one where that girl of the local land mogoul is taken captive and held for ransom. And at the begining of the ordeal Vash waltzes into the saloon so engrossed in the music he is oblivious to the fact he is being shot at.
The Big Ian 06-07-2004 08:12 PM
Happy nightmares! Big Grin

opsnafu 06-08-2004 08:02 AM
Best Trigun quote

Townspeople- "We've got him!"
Vash- "Oh really do you mean me?"
*vash jumps off the wire*