The *Official* TRIGUN thread! ^_^ (Yum Donuts!)

evanASF27 04-28-2004 11:38 PM
I didn't see one around here...so I thought why the hell not? Wink

There seems to be renewed interest in Trigun now so I thought we might as well have a place to discuss it. Cool

To start things off, did anyone else notice the allusion in the last episode with the tombstone of the inventor of the Sand Steamer (Kite's father) ?
It seems that they actually spoofed history abit with it. I give them props for that Smile
Silv3rKnigh1 04-29-2004 12:00 AM
quote:
Originally posted by evanASF27
I didn't see one around here...so I thought why the hell not? Wink

There seems to be renewed interest in Trigun now so I thought we might as well have a place to discuss it. Cool

To start things off, did anyone else notice the allusion in the last episode with the tombstone of the inventor of the Sand Steamer (Kite's father) ?
It seems that they actually spoofed history abit with it. I give them props for that Smile

Trigun is one of my fav series of all times

In a certain episode where someone dies, i always almost cry at the end
Prons 04-29-2004 05:56 AM
Not much of a Trigun fan, if they make a new season it may be able to expand on that sub par ending.
The Big Ian 04-29-2004 06:02 AM
I've been reading the manga. It's the first time that I've experienced a manga that is just as good as the anime (or is that an anime that's as good as the manga?).
opsnafu 04-29-2004 06:42 AM
I like Trigun a lot, I think that it is very funny because Vash only seems to carry sick bullet's on him at a time. Also how Vash never trys to kill anyone.
Prons 04-29-2004 12:49 PM
quote:
Originally posted by opsnafu
Also how Vash never trys to kill anyone.

MAny anime characters do it, most fail though.
Green_Bird 04-29-2004 01:06 PM
Trigun is also my favorites.....I've never really read the manga, because eather the book store doesn't have it or I end up putting it back because I see another book I wanted. But All and all the animé is really good. I saw an ad for it when it was to come to AS the first time, that just hooked me right there.

"I am known as Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser III. Don't hesitate to call."

Laughing
Yomiko 04-29-2004 01:51 PM
I really like the show Trigun but sadly I go to school so I can't say up late and watch it on Adult Swim. I like Vash, Wolfwood, and the two girls from the incerince comany, Milly and Merail. The little cat is cute too, and in almost every episod. ^ - ^
evanASF27 04-29-2004 03:01 PM
quote:
Originally posted by BishojoSenshiProns
quote:
Originally posted by opsnafu
Also how Vash never trys to kill anyone.

MAny anime characters do it, most fail though.

However Vash does end up killing people, I know that there are the Gungho Guns (excuse my poor spelling, it's been a while) I THINK he kills a few of them (I can't remember, it's been a long time) and then there was Legato.

But the fact is he really doesn't want to kill. In other animes I've seen people get shot and killed and the main character(s) aren't really affected by it for more than just one episode, in Trigun Vash always remembers what he or others did so the show has more of a realist tone and emotion to it.
Mike 04-29-2004 03:39 PM
I was always wondering about something...I'll spoiler it just in case...

spoiler (highlight to read):
When they say "Vash is a plant" do they mean that literally? Like, does he undergo photosynthesis? I know that he is one of those people inside the big light bulbs, but I always wanted to know the nature of those dudes.
Sephiroth 04-29-2004 04:01 PM
quote:
Originally posted by GAT-X105
I was always wondering about something...I'll spoiler it just in case...

When they say "Vash is a plant" do they mean that literally? Like, does he undergo photosynthesis? I know that he is one of those people inside the big light bulbs, but I always wanted to know the nature of those dudes.

Vash is a bio enginereed plant-human hybrid. Im not sure if he undergoes photosynthesis though.
Manji 04-29-2004 04:12 PM
Umm, no he eats just like everyone else.

By the way, there IS a Trigun thread, its just old.

http://paradigm-city.com/forums/thread.php?threadid=138&sid

Its one of those threads I like to refer to as a "Memory Fragment", considering the theme of this forum Big Grin
Silv3rKnigh1 04-29-2004 04:45 PM
quote:
Not much of a Trigun fan, if they make a new season it may be able to expand on that sub par ending.

Are you mad! that ending is one of the best ones in all of anime.
seraphjei 04-29-2004 05:04 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Silv3rKnigh1
quote:

its not really an ending since knives isnt dead. kinves will die somehow...
evanASF27 04-29-2004 05:05 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Manji
Umm, no he eats just like everyone else.

By the way, there IS a Trigun thread, its just old.

http://paradigm-city.com/forums/thread.php?threadid=138&sid

Its one of those threads I like to refer to as a "Memory Fragment", considering the theme of this forum Big Grin

well..no point in digging up something THAT old. I mean I wouldn't have seen that anyways since it wasn't 'active' persay when I came here Wink

Anyways...answering your question (please use friggin spoilers...cos you know there may be people who haven't watched it and don't want to be spoiled)

Vash IS a plant. The word PLANT is used as a metaphor I think because 1) he isnt' a tree, 2)he has no leaves >_< and 3) it's only to describe that he is able to do stuff that seems completely inhuman and that this stuff looks like plants (mainly his ultimate attack with his Angel Arm).

He is bioengineered, cos the crew FOUND Vash and Knives in the cargo bay of their spaceship as infants and over the course of time they became more human like but they always had their "free will". They're probably aliens and not experiments made by human scientists, cos know one really knew what they were when they found them. Alot of this will be explained and showed to you in the last episode "Under the Sky So Blue", so keep an eye out for it Wink
Silv3rKnigh1 04-29-2004 05:06 PM
quote:
Originally posted by seraphjei
quote:
quote:

ppl dont have to die to be a good ending thats the whole point, vash wants to save him
seraphjei 04-29-2004 05:11 PM
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by seraphjei
quote:
quote:

ppl dont have to die to be a good ending thats the whole point, vash wants to save him

in a sense thats true but all he is doing is hiding behind the hatred he has of knices. without that hatred vash wouldnt be much of a pacifist
besides knives blew up the ship along with rem remeber vash was pretty ticked off but not enough to hate knives, remeber ladies and gents knives went senile first!!!

just a note dont you think in the 2nd season vash and rem will be reunited somehow...*sniff*LOVE AND PEACE*
evanASF27 04-29-2004 05:14 PM
quote:

My take on it is that Vash wants to teach Knives how to live with Mankind, OR he wants Knives to suffer for what he's done because killing him wouldn't make Knives pay...

either way, it isn't a bad ending at all. It's one of the best, if not THE best, I've ever seen! Killing doesn't have to end it because then you know that the season is over...you can't continue.
Vash showed mercy and that just proves that he is truely the strongest because he could have killed Knives right then and there but insted he let him live. That's honorable no which way you look at it.
Lynnet 04-29-2004 09:57 PM
They are 'plants' as in nuclear reactors. The current plot of the manga is centered on how fueling works for them. Vash and Knives are of the portable weapon variety.

The Angel Arm is meant to be...an angel arm.

Basing new eps on the manga would be really tough. In terms of overall plot, it's actually about where the anime ended as of right now. It just took a long, meandering path to get there.
noTomato 04-30-2004 08:45 PM
and the only person Vash ever
killed, was legato Bluesummers. He was REALLY close to killing Knives when they first landed on Gunsmoke. And yeah he's more like a 'nuclear' power plant. then a 'let's sit under that tree and have a picnic!' plant.

you get what I mean.