Best last episode of an anime?

Patsai 04-27-2004 05:10 PM
Here you can name anime that you think had the best endings. Describe why you thought it was great, but PLEASE do not ruin the ending (spoiler tags are allowed).
My votes go to the following:

Cowboy Bebop - spectacular ending/showdown to one of the greatest anime ever.
Hikaru No Go - In it's own way, you end watching the ending with mixed feelings, both we feeling of great happiness and hidden saddness.
Excel Saga - One acronymn: LOL
Reign the Conqueror - History lesson without all the boredom.


I probably have more, but this was all I could come up with for now.
Schwarzwald 04-27-2004 05:12 PM
Um. Either Big O(of course!)
Or Excel Saga...

quite a few other animes were great... but... thier endings seemed well.....unfinished or... needing more...
Mike 04-27-2004 05:19 PM
Gundam 0080: So emotional it's like getting hit in the face with a bat.
FLCL: I don't have to say anything.
Trigun: Vash + Knives = awexome.
er...I can't think of any more right now...
dominusofdeath 04-27-2004 05:21 PM
BeBop, FLCL, and Trigun!
Green_Bird 04-27-2004 05:24 PM
Cowboy bebop
Big O
Which hunter robin (a bit confuseing because I missed half the series...)
FLCL

Accualy....those are the only animé that I have see the last episodes of....And I keep missing the last episode of Trigun!
Tickle Tickle 04-27-2004 06:29 PM
Sailor Moon SuperS

The whole series was goofy, and all filler. Then the last episode was so great. It wasn't a final battle, it was Nehelenia telling Sailor Moon about herself, and how much of a lonely and sad person Nehelenia is.
BigPrime 04-27-2004 07:16 PM
Cowboy Bebop: The Real Folk Blues 1 & 2. So beautiful and so sad at once. Crying Crying Definitely the best last episode (s) out there (though there are a LOT to choose from and opinons will of course very), IMO.
Khyron_Prime 04-27-2004 07:23 PM
Yeah, not to be repetetive, but Cowboy Bebop had the best last-episode of an animé series that I can recall off-hand. No spoilers, folks, but it was beautiful. Trés belle.

----------------
Okay. This is not a real response: Pocket Monsters. I love this show with all of my heart, just as I have since the day the first episode aired here in the United States. And when the last episode comes along, it had better be the most awesome monster battle that I've ever seen. I'm thinking something along the lines of...

SCENE: Team Rocket Headquarters. The eighty-seventh floor penthouse/battle ground is all that remains, the lower floors having been thrown outward by a powerful psychic attack. (Ash's) Satoshi's Pikachu and a one-of-a-kind monster controlled by Sakkaki (Giovanni) stare at each other across the fountain which had its water expelled from it and now litters the rubble with weak dampness. Satoshi declares that Team Rocket wil crumble today, once and for all, and the Pokémon world shall finally be free of Rockets and their horrible deeds that keep children from truly enjoying their journeys as monster trainers. Sakkaki is quite arrogant, but stunned in this trainer's power. And when the monsters engage, they hit each other with all of the force within their spirits...and die. Kasumi (Misty), Takashi (Brock), Haruka (May) and Max call from the distance, telling Satoshi to get out of there. He is shocked by the death of his Pikachu; remembers all of the battles and times that they shared together; and begins to cry. The calls from his friends beckon him "You've gotta get out of there!"--and he sees a final vision of Pikachu nodding to him...and smiling. He picks the Monsterball from his pocket that belongs to Pikachu and throws it to the ground, where is rests next to Pikachu's body...and Satoshi runs off. Sakkaki stares at the destruction, and as Satoshi joins his friends, sprinting from the city, Team Rocket Headquarters explodes, with Sakkaki, his monster, and Pikachu...the end...of Pocket Monsters as we know it.

Am I a baby? Tears are actually flowing from my eyes thinking about it! But just as Cowboy Bebop did, that is pure emotion, and that makes an unforgettable ending to the series.

Pikachu...I remember you.
by Negotiator Prime
Almasy 04-27-2004 07:26 PM
Cowboy Bebop: The Real Folk Blues, Part I & II.
Raven 04-27-2004 07:41 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Negotiator Prime
Yeah, not to be repetetive, but Cowboy Bebop had the best last-episode of an animé series that I can recall off-hand. No spoilers, folks, but it was beautiful. Trés belle.

----------------
Okay. This is not a real response: Pocket Monsters. I love this show with all of my heart, just as I have since the day the first episode aired here in the United States. And when the last episode comes along, it had better be the most awesome monster battle that I've ever seen. I'm thinking something along the lines of...

SCENE: Team Rocket Headquarters. The eighty-seventh floor penthouse/battle ground is all that remains, the lower floors having been thrown outward by a powerful psychic attack. (Ash's) Satoshi's Pikachu and a one-of-a-kind monster controlled by Sakkaki (Giovanni) stare at each other across the fountain which had its water expelled from it and now litters the rubble with weak dampness. Satoshi declares that Team Rocket wil crumble today, once and for all, and the Pokémon world shall finally be free of Rockets and their horrible deeds that keep children from truly enjoying their journeys as monster trainers. Sakkaki is quite arrogant, but stunned in this trainer's power. And when the monsters engage, they hit each other with all of the force within their spirits...and die. Kasumi (Misty), Takashi (Brock), Haruka (May) and Max call from the distance, telling Satoshi to get out of there. He is shocked by the death of his Pikachu; remembers all of the battles and times that they shared together; and begins to cry. The calls from his friends beckon him "You've gotta get out of there!"--and he sees a final vision of Pikachu nodding to him...and smiling. He picks the Monsterball from his pocket that belongs to Pikachu and throws it to the ground, where is rests next to Pikachu's body...and Satoshi runs off. Sakkaki stares at the destruction, and as Satoshi joins his friends, sprinting from the city, Team Rocket Headquarters explodes, with Sakkaki, his monster, and Pikachu...the end...of Pocket Monsters as we know it.

Am I a baby? Tears are actually flowing from my eyes thinking about it! But just as Cowboy Bebop did, that is pure emotion, and that makes an unforgettable ending to the series.

Pikachu...I remember you.
by Negotiator Prime



Yeah, kill the dumb little rat. And just where will Jesse and James be during all of this? They are just as much of main characters as Ash and the others are
Khyron_Prime 04-27-2004 08:11 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Raven
Yeah, kill the dumb little rat. And just where will Jesse and James be during all of this? They are just as much of main characters as Ash and the others are

I knew this would happen: Some stupid fool comes around and comments on how much he likes seeing Pikachu killed. My guess is that you're not a Pokémon fan, and you totally missed the point of the piece, and that makes me quite mad. *sigh* Your commentary about Jesse and James is not necessary, as the ending is not to focus on them--it was why, for the same reason, Edward, Faye, and Jet did not 'accompany' Spike Spiegel on his final battle--they really didn't mean anything in the scope of the end, other than the fact that they weren't there, which actually meant something.
Raven 04-27-2004 08:16 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Negotiator Prime
quote:
Originally posted by Raven
Yeah, kill the dumb little rat. And just where will Jesse and James be during all of this? They are just as much of main characters as Ash and the others are

I knew this would happen: Some stupid fool comes around and comments on how much he likes seeing Pikachu killed. My guess is that you're not a Pokémon fan, and you totally missed the point of the piece, and that makes me quite mad. *sigh* Your commentary about Jesse and James is not necessary, as the ending is not to focus on them--it was why, for the same reason, Edward, Faye, and Jet did not 'accompany' Spike Spiegel on his final battle--they really didn't mean anything in the scope of the end, other than the fact that they weren't there, which actually meant something.


Actually I used to watch that show all the time a few years ago, and I was into the games as well. Worked several pokemon up to level 100 in the days of Red/Blue and Gold/Silver. I just really hate Pikachu thats all, calm down
Benjamin 04-27-2004 08:29 PM
OBVIOUSLY...BIG O

BIG O SHOW TIME!


The sad part was that Big Duo only appeared in so many episodes...AND MINION was not in any...

oh well He would have caused too much havock anyway Tongue

Well

Dragon Ball Z...Good Start...END???

COWBOY BEBOP: MISSED SO MANY EPISODES W/O CABLE IT IS NOT EVEN FUNNY...

Rugrats...JK Tongue

Umm

Sailor Moon: ? I REALLY DID NOT CARE MUCH FOR THE SHOW ?

ZOIDs...Good show...ended too early...Have to say...No to that one...

T-R-I-G-U-N...As I said before with cowboy bebop...I MISSED SO MANY EPISODES WITHOUT THE CABLE IT IS NOT EVEN FUNNY Tongue
BabyGhia 04-27-2004 09:42 PM
Hands down... Cowboy Bebop!

BabyGhia
Name Of God 04-27-2004 09:50 PM
Don't flame me or anything, but I personnally didn't like the ending of Big O too much, it just felt unsatisfying.

My favorite ending of the anime I've seen would probably be Trigun.
spoiler (highlight to read):
He just walks into the sunset, carrying his brother. Completely perfect.
Khyron_Prime 04-27-2004 11:21 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Name Of God
spoiler (highlight to read):
My favorite ending of the anime I've seen would probably be Trigun. He just walks into the sunset, carrying his brother. Completely perfect.


Yikes! That's a spoiler I didn't want to see!
Shredder 04-27-2004 11:49 PM
Hmm...best endings...well, I've seen a lot of series, but here are a few that kind of stand out for me...

-Yu Yu Hakusho- good, fitting ending to a great series
-Cowboy Bebop- pretty depressing, but very well done
- X (TV)- again, kind of depresssing, but pretty good
-Dai Guard- decent ending, fun series

Then there's the great series, disappointing ending list:

-Big O (yes, sorry, but the second half of Act 26 let me down...)
-Trigun (just found it rushed)
-.hack//sign

And then the just plain bad endings:

-Dragonball Z (Uubu? What the?)
-DBGT
-Betterman

There's more for each category, but those are just a few that came to mind...
StevieV019 04-28-2004 07:55 AM
Cowboy Bebop
X (TV series)
Noir
A Clockwork Tomato 04-28-2004 08:31 AM
FUTURE BOY CONAN, the episode where Lana saves Conan from drowning (and vice versa).

EDIT: Missed the "last" part of the thread subject. D'oh! The episode above is much better than the last one in the series.
Barrin 04-28-2004 11:21 AM
Negotiator Prime, a good ending to pokemon, though I don't think an explosion is right. Perhaps the tower should collapse or sink into the ground, or do something really odd like blast off into orbit.

Hands down, Cowboy Bebop is the best ending. Next to no hanging strands, battle-proven action, love and loss, trust and revenge, a fond farewell, and a spectacular ending song.

"You're gonna carry that weight."