Best last episode of an anime?

angelcakes 12-17-2006 04:49 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Umino
Fruits Basket - Really beautiful ending to a beautiful series. The confrontation between Tohru and Akito was so moving, and quite a surprised.

Quite agreed. Definitely an good ending.

Cowboy Bebop: One of the best endings I've ever seen. The confrontation at the end was just the perfect climax to the series.

Saikano: Incredibly sad, but at the same time a fitting ending to a series that was trying to say so much.

Outlaw Star: The right amount of closure to satisfy you, but at the same time enough loose ends to make you want more. I especially loved the fact that
spoiler (highlight to read):
Harry was still alive as the McDougall's ship's mainframe. That was very satisfying after how and why he died..
Asirt 12-18-2006 02:09 PM
AIR had a wonderful ending. Very moving and left viewers wanting more. For a drama, it was a very fitting ending. I don't think any other ending has moved me as much as AIR did.
Mike 12-18-2006 04:45 PM
quote:
Outlaw Star: The right amount of closure to satisfy you, but at the same time enough loose ends to make you want more. I especially loved the fact that
spoiler (highlight to read):
Harry was still alive as the McDougall's ship's mainframe. That was very satisfying after how and why he died..

I'm still waiting for more Outlaw Star.
Capt. Quekolis 12-18-2006 07:41 PM
The last episode of season 3 of Big O. (im trying to be optimistic here)
Nine Kuze 12-20-2006 12:50 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Ltwhipporwill

I missed that one. I didn't know they aired it already.

What was it all about?
Peace.
minespatch 12-20-2006 04:21 AM
the ending of tenchi muyo.it's very uplifting and i like the song "demension e".
seraphjei 12-20-2006 09:29 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Ltwhipporwill

We can all PRAY. In the future I am fairly sure they will make a 3rd season, hopefully in our lifetime. And when that day comes I pray that the season finale will go down in the history books.
Spoderman 01-27-2007 02:18 AM
No love for Evangelion?

I'd consider Knocking on Heaven's Door to be the last episode of the series. They just dick around in 25&26 for the most part.

Knocking on Heaven's Door, in my mind, is absolutely perfect. The outcome of the episode is almost obvious, as soon as Kaworu is introduced--but at the same time you wish it wouldn't happen. The episode ties up a bit of storyline, then progresses into final battle between Kaworu and Shinji. The Ode to Joy of Beethoven's 9th has (tragically) been so overused, that it is practically a cliche to hear it, but Eva manages to pull it of spectacularly. It's a beautful sequence which results in an immense catharsis. There's really not much more I can say; its perfect.

Yes, Cowboy Bebop and Trigun have incredible endings, not going to go into that.

I'm glad to see someone mentioned Berserk! While I can't say it was an ending that brought any closure whatsoever, it's like being hit in the face by a fire truck. It's a perfect segue into the manga (anime is better, at least in my book), and it's pretty much the biggest cliffhanger ever.

Metropolis had an amazing ending sequence. They really outdid themselves on the animation sequence and the music fits extremely well. I get a little choked up whenever I see this Wink
Blue Crow 01-27-2007 10:54 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Mike
I'm still waiting for more Outlaw Star.

you and me both, brother.

quote:
Originally posted by Spoderman
They just dick around in 25&26 for the most part.

you're kidding, right? Confused

quote:
Originally posted by seraphjei
We can all PRAY. In the future I am fairly sure they will make a 3rd season, hopefully in our lifetime. And when that day comes I pray that the season finale will go down in the history books.

it won't.

oh, and i happen to think trigun had a lackluster ending. the entire series (although good) was lacking compared to how amazing the comic was.

oh, and the hellsing tv series ending blew. actually, pretty much everything after episode 3 blew. because hirano is teh man.

-BC
Spoderman 01-27-2007 10:23 PM
Not really.

Episodes 25 and 26, though they do explain some of the points of the series, do not really form a true "ending." End of Evangelion was the original vision for how Evangelion was supposed to end, but due to constraints imposed by budget limitations, it never came to immediate fruition.

They actually touch on 90% of the good material in episode 25, and do a good job explaining some of the more complex psychological elements of the series, but the rest of the time from there to episode 26 is spent rehashing the same material...

Watch it again, and notice how much they repeat themselves. It kind of gets annoying.

I'm one of the people who actually likes episodes 25&26, but I don't think they form a good ending to the series; if anything, they're purely informative.
Heavy Metal Instro 01-30-2007 06:50 PM
This is hard to say.
NGE was confusing and a little disapointing.
And with Inuyasha and S-cry-ed they end it in the middle of the series, so there's a lot of confusion, and creating your own ending.
If I can remember correctly the end of Gundam Wing was pretty cool.