Best last episode of an anime?

Lady Tesser 04-28-2004 12:31 PM
El Hazard - when Makoto comes back for Ifurita ... so heart-wrenching.
Mugiwara Luffy 04-28-2004 11:34 PM
They've already been said but I'll reiterate: FLCL and Bebop. Both were conclusive and left you with that sad feeling that the series was over.
evanASF27 04-28-2004 11:35 PM
TRIGUN "Under the Sky So Blue"
I get chills from that episode. It is the best ending ever for an anime such as Trigun.
Silv3rKnigh1 04-28-2004 11:59 PM
Trigun
Bebop
sailornmoon
Zerokun 04-29-2004 04:22 PM
Nadesico: "For the Lady We'll Meet One Day"
FLCL: "FLCLimax"
Excel Saga: "We Will Not Be Held Responsible"
G-Gundam: "God Gundam's Triumph! A Hopeful Future - Ready? Go!"
Zoids Guardian Force: "Return to Another Tomorrow"
AlexRosewater 04-29-2004 06:11 PM
CowBoy Bebop- The Real Folk Blues part 2

Akira

Hellsing

G Gundam

Kikiader
Mugiwara Luffy 04-29-2004 11:35 PM
Ah! I forgot G Gundam! That was pretty good too!

Alas I haven't seen the ending of Trigun. But hopefully I can catch it this time around.
dominusofdeath 04-29-2004 11:38 PM
I forgot!
I also love the ending to DUAL!
But then again. I'm a man. Big Grin Embarrassed Sweatdrop
Dork 04-30-2004 01:29 AM
Bebop. Definitely. I haven't actually seen the first part of the Real Folk Blues and it was still fantastic. Beautifully done all around. I love the directing! And from a writing perspective I admire the writers for ending the show in a way that honored the spirit of the characters instead of copping out with some forced happy ending.

I really like act 26 of Big O, but it doesn't make my list because it's not really the last episode of Big O. Even if a third season is never made it still won't qualify. I was watching again today and found another loose thread Roll Eyes that show SO isn't over yet.

And aside from a fansub of Chobits I haven't seen the last episode of any other series.

so yeah,
muchlove
-dork
IamRogerSmith 04-30-2004 02:25 AM
MAN, you guys missed a lot of really great endings.

Yu Yu Hakusho was mentioned, which was a great ending to a great series. Cowboy Bebop was also great, blah blah blah.

But seriously:

The Kenshin/Samurai X OVA!!!!! If you watch the OVAs + series in the timeline order they occured it is just an incredible anim experience. Comeon, even with all the cheesey flashbacks... the animation style and Kenshin's spirit holding on until he finally gets back to Kaoru!!!!

Stellvia. I know a lot of you STILL haven't seen this yet - but it's ending is so very fitting for the emotion the series drains from you. It's like a teenager version of Trigun... in... space... lol.
StevieV019 04-30-2004 07:31 AM
Yeah, I can agree about Kenshin/Samurai X...good ending

Cant believe I forgot about it...
Son_of_Horus 04-30-2004 11:51 AM
Hamtaro!
*sniff*

J/K Tongue

Bebop.
Cecil XIX 04-30-2004 01:26 PM
I think Act 26 killed my love of Big O.
spoiler (highlight to read):
Big Ear is a robot, the city turns into a VR-esque landscape, Big Venus made Big Fau and Big O disappear into thin air... Any explanation of those events would be horrible.

Other than that, my favorite ending is ep. 45 of G Gundam: "Farewell, Master! Master Asia's Last Breath."

What? That wasn't the last episode?

SHUT UP. Crying
aquascript 04-30-2004 01:32 PM
id have to say, the best ending ever, would be from:
  • Hellsing: after arucard kills that dead guy, while the judas priest is watching
  • Trigun: where that guy(cant remember his name) kills his brother, and carries hiim somewhere
  • Escaflone: where van rescues the girl (in an astounding display of orchestral music) , lets the escaflone rust, destroys the orb of time...

those are the best Big Grin
Sharpshooter005 04-30-2004 09:14 PM
quote:
Hellsing: after arucard kills that dead guy, while the judas priest is watching

Yes.

That brief moment where it shows the panicked crowd watching Alucard kill incognito, and Anderson is just standing there grinning was great.

It made me want another season even more. Crying
Ryoma 05-01-2004 01:11 AM
The final episode of Berserk blows away most popular anime finales besides G Gundam, Bebop & FLCL. It'll leave you feeling as berserk as Guts when the credits roll.

Giant Robo's episode 7 also ties with it, then Z Gundam's.

Now and Then, Here and There's final episode was very touching & was built up to be a sweeping climax.
Nigoki 05-03-2004 02:38 AM
Good call on Kenshin OAV aka Samurai X.
spoiler (highlight to read):
Tomoe's death is just so heart wrenching. It takes all the series and brings it to a perfect climax.

Now I have to move on to my favorite series, and I may crossing the line as to what defines an episode, but since they refer to the sections of End of Evangelion as Episodes, those[B] episodes 25 and 26 for Evangelion are incredible. (Insert obligatory Asuka fanboy swoon here)

Definately two that I have to that weren't mentioned are Mobile Suit Gundam and Zeta Gundam. Zeta especially. By the end of the series you're just so drained from all that has happened and it just takes you once more onto an emotional rollercoaster.

And since I'm on the topic of Gundam. SEED's Ending too. Gotta love the battle with Providence. SEED's ending in my mind is a close second to the incredible ending of Zeta.

Fushigi Yugi's ender is another one of my personal favorites.

Lastly, some others that have already been mentioned that I have to echo.
  • Cowboy Bebop
  • FLCL
  • G Gundam. (Although my jury is still out on the series overall if nothing else all the cameos in the final episode are great.)
  • Hellsing
  • Big O (of course)
  • Trigun

Man, I like alot of stuff and these are the only ones I can think of at 3:40AM. Cool
Nine Kuze 12-17-2006 12:26 PM
*brushes this thread's shoulders off*

The best ending episodes I can think of that I've seen for an anime are:

- The Big O: The fight between Fau and O, the flashback, Angel's revelation, the Final Stage, Big Venus. The last episode at a lot that was damn good. Sure it didn't really make all that much sense (could be worse, could be Evangelion), but I have to be one of the few that is actually good about the ending about Big O.
- Cowboy Bebop: The Real Folk Blues is probably my favorite ending, even the alternate song in "Blue" kicked ass. I always liked how it begins, with Jet and Spike in the bar and all of a sudden they end up in a shootoout. Faye and Julia's getway was damn good as well, as was Spike's story and Faye and Spike's last encounter. I just wish that Vicious and Spike had a longer lasting showdown.
- Ghost in the Shell: It was a nice ending to the war that Gouda escalated but they killed my boy Kuze, but at least Gouda died and his death was pretty impressive in that. Also Motoko and Kuze found what they have always been looking for in each other and the Tachikoma suicide scene with the song was something as well.
- Samurai Champloo: The fights that Jin and Mugen went through were damn impressive. Very clever how Jin took out the Hands of God and how Mugen disabled the three bandits he dealt with. It was a nice touch to see Fuu's father get killed in front of her and even more so on how she said she lied about the coin toss at the end.
- Trigun: With Knives gretting Vash and then Vash carrying Knives away, this might be my favorite ending. The flashback was damn good and the fight was nice choregraphed between Knives and Vash. I also really like the ending with Vash discarding his red jacket and taking Knives away and with Meryl and Millie waiting to see Vash again.

Other endings I like are: FLCL, FullMetal Alchemist, Vandread, the Street Fighter anime. That's what I got at the moment.
Peace.
Tickle Tickle 12-17-2006 01:25 PM
Fruits Basket - Really beautiful ending to a beautiful series. The confrontation between Tohru and Akito was so moving, and quite a surprised.

Cutie Honey - Love it. A fast-moving ending, excellent face off between Sister Jill and Honey. Although open-ended, the final scene gives a nice "closure".

Those Who Hunt Elves - Really funny ending. It was nice seeing all (well most) of the past elves re-united. Very silly and fitting.

Dororon Enma-kun - I was alittle afraid of how this was gonna end. It didn't have much of a storyline, yet it had a really great finale. The fight between Enma-kun and Daikinkai was extremely badass.

Majokko Megu - What an excellent last episode. It really shows how much Megu has grown over time.

So... anyone gonna make a "worse last episode of an anime"? Tongue
seraphjei 12-17-2006 04:13 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Umino
So... anyone gonna make a "worse last episode of an anime"? Tongue

I second that idea.

It looks as though everyone has pretty much all the great endings covered. I for one liked the ending for Gunslinger Girl. Although the anime will no longer be countinued the manga has yet to finish. It will be interesting to see how the anime ending and manga ending contrast with each other. Same goes for every ending. Kenshin for example ended quite sad with the OVA, but the manga ends on a happy note. The topic of course is anime endings...off topic again...