Paradigm City Email

Krang 04-26-2004 03:04 AM
Free email addresses @paradigm-city.net are now available to all forum members! To sign up for one, just visit this link and click on "Sign Up Now!": http://paradigm-city.mail.everyone.net/

Before you sign up, though, please read the following FAQ:
  • If you sign up for the free option, there will be a few banner and popup ads. This is out of my control since the email is not hosted on this server.
  • IMPORTANT: As soon as you sign up, go here and enter your new email address to avoid receiving occasional newsletters in your inbox (don't worry, your email addresses will never be sold to advertisers, this is just a notification service from the email company that you can easily opt out of).
  • The database is not connected to the forums in any way, so feel free to choose any name you want (but please don't sign up more than once, and please don't pick a name that impersonates another forum member). Sorry, but this also means that the email can't be integrated with the forums, so you'll have to visit the link above to check your email.
  • The email is handled on a separate server, so don't worry about taking up space or bandwidth on this server. This also means that you can check your email even when this server is down.
  • We don't make any money if you sign up for a paid option, so don't feel pressured into signing up for one as opposed to the free option.
  • Please don't abuse this service. If you do, you risk having your email account removed and possibly being warned or banned on the forums.
If you have any questions that are not answered above, feel free to ask me or reply in this thread.
R.Jesse 04-26-2004 08:15 AM
Pleased excelent now we can be PWWWF haha

nice
Bentar 04-26-2004 02:03 PM
Thanks Krang! Pleased I'm not sure how much I will use it though, but its a neat PC perk Smile
evanASF27 04-26-2004 02:23 PM
huh? WHAAA??! O_o

*grabs post and reads it thoroughly*

YAHOOO!!! @____@
...I'm gonna try it...

Hey Krang? Umm...what happens if somehow we screw up the email form or later don't want to have it anymore? Is there a way to like 'delete' the account??

(the personal email account I mean, not the one you setup for us there ^^;; ...i have no idea how you did this so....GAH! >_< Now I'm confusing myself!)
dominusofdeath 04-26-2004 03:54 PM
1 word
AWESOME!
The Big Finale 04-26-2004 04:31 PM
quote:
Sorry, but this also means that the email can't be integrated with the forums, so you'll have to visit the link above to check your email.

Couldn't you just put a link to it under "Other" on the Main page? I suppose we could just bookmark it, though...
Schwarzwald 04-26-2004 04:39 PM
Bloody devil!

Who hasn't wanted an extension to thier e-mail being invovled with paradigm city!

*manical laughter*

although i would hesitate at the moment to sign up
angelcakes 04-26-2004 05:27 PM
Awsome! Your the greatest Krang!! Can't wait to sign up!
YoruameBaroness 04-26-2004 05:33 PM
Coolamundo. You're the best, Krang.
Dude Love 04-26-2004 07:16 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Big Finale
quote:
Sorry, but this also means that the email can't be integrated with the forums, so you'll have to visit the link above to check your email.

Couldn't you just put a link to it under "Other" on the Main page? I suppose we could just bookmark it, though...

Maybe there's also the option to add a link to it as a button atop the forums (Like Profile, PM-Box, Calendar, Members, Team, etc.)?

BTW, time for me to sign up! ^__^
Krang 04-26-2004 11:13 PM
quote:
Originally posted by evanASF27
Hey Krang? Umm...what happens if somehow we screw up the email form or later don't want to have it anymore? Is there a way to like 'delete' the account??

Yes, if you're ever sure that you no longer want your email account, let me know and I'll delete it.

quote:
Originally posted by Schwarzwald
although i would hesitate at the moment to sign up

Huh? Why?

quote:
Originally posted by Wienberg
quote:
Originally posted by Big Finale

Maybe there's also the option to add a link to it as a button atop the forums (Like Profile, PM-Box, Calendar, Members, Team, etc.)?

Good idea, but I want the link to only be accessible to people who are logged in since this is supposed to be for forum members only.
Manji 04-26-2004 11:28 PM
Theres no way to put a link to it in the User CP huh? It looks like theres an open box just for it Big Grin

That would also solve the forum members only problem, since only they have User CP's, right?
Krang 04-26-2004 11:41 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Manji
Theres no way to put a link to it in the User CP huh? It looks like theres an open box just for it Big Grin

That would also solve the forum members only problem, since only they have User CP's, right?

I also thought of adding it to the User CP, but it changes depending on the user's level of access, so I wouldn't want the link to show up in an inaccessible place for some users. And actually, the empty box is reserved for the "Group Leaders" admin panel.
Manji 04-26-2004 11:49 PM
Ah, that would explain its eerie emptiness, I've wondered that since I joined Big Grin

Well, the only other thing I can think of is putting another link inside the PM box, below the Inbox, Sent Items, and Message Tracking (and any other folders that a user may have created)
Prons 04-27-2004 03:10 PM
I now have a new email.
Dude Love 04-27-2004 05:17 PM
I'm not entirely sure, but there may be a way to utilize the same coding that makes the PM-Box visible after logging in.

You can use the button the forum comes with (and I went through all that work just to see this).

However, in the mean time, is there anyway to make http://www.paradigm-city.net/ redirect to the login site? Because, the login site is sorta difficult to type off the top of my head.
Krang 04-27-2004 10:34 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Wienberg
However, in the mean time, is there anyway to make http://www.paradigm-city.net/ redirect to the login site? Because, the login site is sorta difficult to type off the top of my head.

No problem, I added an email login box to Paradigm-City.net.
Mugiwara Luffy 04-30-2004 12:38 AM
I'm having problems signing up. Every time I click continue after I've submitted all my info it says that I entered the word in the box wrong, even though I typed it exactly how it appears. What is the problem?
Krang 04-30-2004 12:51 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Lt. Smith
I'm having problems signing up. Every time I click continue after I've submitted all my info it says that I entered the word in the box wrong, even though I typed it exactly how it appears. What is the problem?

Did you make sure that you're using all lowercase letters and that there are no spaces in the box? If so, try holding CTRL+SHIFT and clicking reload on your browser for a new word (in case it's caching an old one). Also, make sure that everything on the page that doesn't have "optional" by it is filled out. You could also try using another browser in case that's the problem. If you still can't sign up after that, let me know and I'll create an account for you.
harshfire 05-02-2004 07:06 PM
I can't find the server......I'm so sorry if I'm bothering you. But I clicked on the link and it won't go. It always comes up as cannot find server......