Funniest Video Contest Voting Now Up!

evanASF27 04-25-2004 11:19 PM
quote:
Originally posted by TDF Studios
That wasn't very nice.....

Besides, I thought it turned out pretty good, seeing how much a procrastinated on it....

YOU DID PROCRASTINATE! @_@

...I mean that was like an all-nighter dude Tongue I was amazed you actually got it done let alone in the top three. Pleased Cool (That's a compliment I assure you Wink )
THe_BiG_FaU 04-26-2004 12:23 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Zopwx2

DOMO ARIGATO, MR ROBOTO! I like the song, but that AMV has been done before, and it was just act 26 condensed... Still better than the others though. 3rd place!

Its been done before! ARGgghhhhh damn the luck, do you have a link to the video i'd like to see it! Yeah I threw it together in about an hour, i didn't really expect it to win, i had alot of fun making it though. Oh and the reason it's a condensed version of act 26 is because thats the only episode i have on my cpuEmbarrassed Sweatdrop , i really wanted to play it over clips of big O, Fau, and Duo but alas I set it over the "final battle"......Came up with an idea for another video tonight though, I'd like to Put limp bizkit's "behind blue eyes" over a bunch of clips of alex being all sad looking, then when it starts up wtih that spelling toy stuff have clips of Fau kicking ass. Anyway if anyone has any episodes in WMV. format you can send me (for the video) I'd appreciate it. Thanks.
Schwarzwald 04-26-2004 05:05 PM
The devil went down to devil was plain AWSOME! But it didn't seem particualarly funny... although i would have to say its my favorite... Evan's was the funniest.

Fantasical.

Heh. it took me a while to realize that was Lupin...
evanASF27 04-26-2004 05:19 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Schwarzwald
The devil went down to devil was plain AWSOME! But it didn't seem particualarly funny... although i would have to say its my favorite... Evan's was the funniest.

Fantasical.

Heh. it took me a while to realize that was Lupin...

YEAH! I have a solid fan! Anime Smile Big Grin ....now to find about 30 more... x.X
Dorothy101 04-26-2004 08:11 PM
I thought yours was AWSOME! It was my favorite but my second was
"Date with Destiny" by uh... um.. i dunno who it was bye. Confused
Seraphim 04-26-2004 08:16 PM
Well, the thing is, the "Date with the Devil" wasn't the funniest necessarily, but it was the most amusing. It was very nicely done, and it got my vote.
RP52 04-26-2004 08:40 PM
I guess my video was a waste of time. I mean every single other video put mine to shame. Frown I guess the Subject All Your Base wasn't very good, and I'm not too experienced with videos etc. So I can forget all hopes of winning the contest and apologize to all you for me wasting your time as well. In fact I'm wasting your time making you read this right now. I'm such a loser Frown On top of that I didn't hear any mention of my video, but I'm not surprised, it was stupid, not funny. Even the Big O vs. Godzilla video was better than mine. So all in all, I suck. I mean seriously, Fanfics is more my thing, and even there I failed. So ya, Big O wasn't my thing, Big O isn't my thing, and Big O will never be my thing. Nice knowin everyone here. This is probably the last time I'm postin here, at least for a long time. I need some time to think.

-RP was here...
dominusofdeath 04-26-2004 08:45 PM
quote:
Originally posted by RP52
I guess my video was a waste of time. I mean every single other video put mine to shame. Frown I guess the Subject All Your Base wasn't very good, and I'm not too experienced with videos etc. So I can forget all hopes of winning the contest and apologize to all you for me wasting your time as well. In fact I'm wasting your time making you read this right now. I'm such a loser Frown On top of that I didn't hear any mention of my video, but I'm not surprised, it was stupid, not funny. Even the Big O vs. Godzilla video was better than mine. So all in all, I suck. I mean seriously, Fanfics is more my thing, and even there I failed. So ya, Big O wasn't my thing, Big O isn't my thing, and Big O will never be my thing. Nice knowin everyone here. This is probably the last time I'm postin here, at least for a long time. I need some time to think.

-RP was here...

Dont give up man. Atleast you thought your video was good enough to enter!
I thought it was funny. That joke will never get old on me!
Pygmalion 04-26-2004 09:50 PM
quote:
I guess my video was a waste of time. I mean every single other video put mine to shame. Frown I guess the Subject All Your Base wasn't very good, and I'm not too experienced with videos etc. So I can forget all hopes of winning the contest and apologize to all.

Come on, RP, you've got twice the votes I do. I liked your video quite well, and I think you did a pretty nice job sticking to the spirit of AYB.

And while I'm spreading the love...

Kudos to TDF Studios and Shaoblane for the lipsyncing on their video. Despite the different voices, I could imagine the characters saying the words given them in this video.

Bravo to IamRogerSmith for his imaginative amalgam of four seperate songs into one video.

A rubber-suited bow to Negotiator_JV for best use of Godzilla in an anime video.

Domo arigato to Conrad for using one of my favorite 80s songs in my favorite anime series.

And of course a big "Dude! Where's my movie!" to Evan for his creative use of white screen and voice over.

Pygmalion
Shredder 04-26-2004 11:10 PM
quote:

-RP was here...

Please don't feel that way. Frown I know I enjoyed everyone's videos and we were happy to get what we did. I kind of felt the same way about the contest, since it was mostly my idea originally, but Krang and I decided to go through with it and finish it anyway, even though the response was low and we were getting lots of complaints. Just by entering, you made us feel a little better, knowing that the contest (and the cost of the prizes) wasn't entirely in vain. Wink I thank everyone who did enter for the entertaining videos and for participating. I was actually impressed with all of them, since I personally couldn't put together anything like that myself!
Tony Waynewrong 04-26-2004 11:19 PM
quote:

-RP was here...

Dude, I liked your video and it was entertaining. You're not a loser. You tried and you struted your stuff. Next time, you will do better. Keep your chin up.

Kudos. Smile
Zopwx2 04-27-2004 12:26 AM
quote:
Originally posted by THe_BiG_FaU
quote:
Originally posted by Zopwx2

DOMO ARIGATO, MR ROBOTO! I like the song, but that AMV has been done before, and it was just act 26 condensed... Still better than the others though. 3rd place!

Its been done before! ARGgghhhhh damn the luck, do you have a link to the video i'd like to see it! Yeah I threw it together in about an hour, i didn't really expect it to win, i had alot of fun making it though. Oh and the reason it's a condensed version of act 26 is because thats the only episode i have on my cpuEmbarrassed Sweatdrop , i really wanted to play it over clips of big O, Fau, and Duo but alas I set it over the "final battle"......Came up with an idea for another video tonight though, I'd like to Put limp bizkit's "behind blue eyes" over a bunch of clips of alex being all sad looking, then when it starts up wtih that spelling toy stuff have clips of Fau kicking ass. Anyway if anyone has any episodes in WMV. format you can send me (for the video) I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Don't worry about it though, yours was alot better than this guys.

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members/...info.php?v=5760
IamRogerSmith 04-27-2004 12:55 AM
Hah, I had to CONVERT all my episodes to wmv to through my video together. Frown

I must say that I thoroughly enjoyed ALL the entries and want to congradulate everyone for their unique sense of humor and courage for entering the contest! Smile Everyone should be very proud of themself!
evanASF27 04-27-2004 01:08 AM
quote:
Originally posted by IamRogerSmith
Hah, I had to CONVERT all my episodes to wmv to through my video together. Frown

WHAT?!!?!?!?!?!

You poor man O_o

Use "Video Edit Magic 3", it allows any kind of video (except for quicktime and Real). I really do strongly suggest using it Cool It's simple and very versitile. Smile
TDF Studios 04-27-2004 08:32 AM
I think all the videos were good.

Its a new medium that not many of us have used before except for the people who do it for a living or are constantly making videos. I think this was a great oppprtuinity for some friendly rivalry.

And, my video wasn't an all nighter, it was more of a all weeker.
RP52 04-27-2004 12:53 PM
Well, after seeing what you guys had to say, I think I made myself look like an ass. I was just in a sort of depressing mood that day. I never knew anyone even voted for my video, added to that I didn't know it made you feel better about holding this contest, Shredder. I guess my patience just ran short. Had I just waited maybe a day longer maybe someone may have mentioned my video. But aside from this, i probably won't be writing another Big O related fanfic. I've too much else to worry about. And the fact that no one seemed to notice my Big-O fic, I kinda just gave up. It wasn't all that good in the first place. It was in first person from Schwartzwald's point of view. only four pages, that's the shortest fic I've ever written! Plus the technique and detail wasn't too good, I think it may have confused anyone who read it. So ya, Sonic Fanfics is more my thing. I have a very large fic to write by may 19th, so I don't have much time to spare. I'm in the middle of a major testing week, so I'll be distracted by that also. so ya, School's a bitch, my mood yesterday was very upsetting for me, and to top it all off, I still haven't made much progress building my site, which NEEDS to be done. But I have to give a big thanks to TDF studio's video "His name is Bob" that cheered me up a bunch. And now I can listen to the Mister Roboto song thanks to the guys who made that video. so thanx to you guys, I feel some of you are pretty valuable friends to someone after your thoughts and words.
IamRogerSmith 04-27-2004 01:13 PM
quote:
Originally posted by evanASF27
quote:

WHAT?!!?!?!?!?!

You poor man O_o

Use "Video Edit Magic 3", it allows any kind of video (except for quicktime and Real). I really do strongly suggest using it Cool It's simple and very versitile. Smile

Sorry I don't use garbage like that evan. I just didn't have the decode filter for after effects installed. ;p
evanASF27 04-27-2004 02:24 PM
quote:
Sorry I don't use garbage like that evan. I just didn't have the decode filter for after effects installed. ;p

Well EXCUSE me Sweatdrop
TDF Studios 04-27-2004 10:06 PM
I didn't need to use After Effects 5.5......

Probably because I didn't have time.......
NukuNuko77 04-28-2004 07:40 PM
evan's video really standed out from the rest (in a good way Smile ), and it was very original. so i'm gonna vote for him