Artemis Fowl

pen1300 04-25-2004 04:25 PM
quote:
Originally posted by BishojoSenshiProns
May I ask WHAT artemis foul is and where I can find some info?


Artemis Fowl, and the two other books in the series (the third is the Eternity Code...the title of the second escapes me! GAH!), are about a 12 year old genious [junior] crime lord, who decides, he's going to steal the the gold of the elves/LEPrecons. This lands him in loads of trouble and lots of adventures. There is magic and mischief to be had (and awesome tech stuff, think JAMES BOND)!

Go to The Artemis Fowl website for more info!

Happy Reading! It'll be worth it!

Later,
Pen1300
Yomiko 04-26-2004 06:24 PM
quote:
Originally posted by pen1300
quote:
Originally posted by BishojoSenshiProns
May I ask WHAT artemis foul is and where I can find some info?


Artemis Fowl, and the two other books in the series (the third is the Eternity Code...the title of the second escapes me! GAH!), are about a 12 year old genious [junior] crime lord, who decides, he's going to steal the the gold of the elves/LEPrecons. This lands him in loads of trouble and lots of adventures. There is magic and mischief to be had (and awesome tech stuff, think JAMES BOND)!

Go to The Artemis Fowl website for more info!

Happy Reading! It'll be worth it!

Later,
Pen1300


Ooo... good discription! Yes the books are a must read if you like adventure these books are a must read.
Schwarzwald 04-26-2004 06:28 PM
Heh. Yeah they are worth a read. Whether you dislike them or not.

They certainly aren't the worst book out there... just a bit ...cheap characters in my opinion... if it weren't for that i would probably like the book.*remembers Maniac Meggie*(sp)
Yomiko 04-27-2004 01:19 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Schwarzwald
Heh. Yeah they are worth a read. Whether you dislike them or not.

They certainly aren't the worst book out there... just a bit ...cheap characters in my opinion... if it weren't for that i would probably like the book.*remembers Maniac Meggie*(sp)


Yes some of the charaters are a bit out there but the books still are good. Who is Maniac Meggie from?
Schwarzwald 04-27-2004 05:26 PM
He is from the book Maniac Meggee...heh...

*shrugs*

Its a really funky book. Just a clueless kid who loves to run
spoiler (highlight to read):
and just happens to run..from the east side to the west side and the west side is all black people while the east is white...

he really has noidea where he is or what he is or what is going on... he gets into fights when he is walking down the street and doesn't even know it... does feats of 'bravery'(or ignorence and foolishness if you want to look at it that way) in peoples back yards...

he meets people... gets in fights... than people begin to like him... and slowly a few people forget thier differences and everyones all happy!

about 3/4ths into the book he runs away from that town...

in the begining he ran away from his foster parents because he hated them... although by now he has almost forgetten about them... hes real parents died in a car crash...


it has been a long time since i read it... so some of these things may be faulty... maybe getting east and west mixed up...
Yomiko 04-29-2004 01:54 PM
Ooo...kay.... anyway. I finshed the thrid and last book. It was almost sad and I think Artemis will go back to his old ways just maybe not as bad.. hopefully.
pen1300 04-29-2004 04:13 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Yomiko
Ooo...kay.... anyway. I finshed the thrid and last book. It was almost sad and I think Artemis will go back to his old ways just maybe not as bad.. hopefully.


Now do you understand why I'm a bit disappointed?

Don't read if you haven't read The Eternity Code!


spoiler (highlight to read):
I mean, they take away his memory, and the book really didn't leave me feeling, content/concluded. Its kinda sad that he is going to be his "bad" self and also that he forgot all of those awesome adventures. I must say I was a little disappointed Frown But it was a "real world ending" versus a book ending.


Later,
Pen1300
Yomiko 05-05-2004 12:05 PM
quote:
Originally posted by pen1300
quote:
Originally posted by Yomiko
Ooo...kay.... anyway. I finshed the thrid and last book. It was almost sad and I think Artemis will go back to his old ways just maybe not as bad.. hopefully.


Now do you understand why I'm a bit disappointed?

Don't read if you haven't read The Eternity Code!


spoiler (highlight to read):
I mean, they take away his memory, and the book really didn't leave me feeling, content/concluded. Its kinda sad that he is going to be his "bad" self and also that he forgot all of those awesome adventures. I must say I was a little disappointed Frown But it was a "real world ending" versus a book ending.


Later,
Pen1300


I guess that makes sence. I wounder if it will almost like an endless circle of Artemis being kind of bad and doing everything over again.

This is a new post on May 10th
HAve any of you read The Chronicles of Narnia books?
pen1300 02-15-2005 09:13 PM
There's a File Book of Artemis Fowl out now. I missed it when I was home last time. I accidentally stumbled upon the record and I was so mad mom did not tell me! So, has anyone looked at it yet?

Later,
Pen1300

PS: Constructive Bump Wink
Yomiko 02-25-2005 03:51 PM
quote:
Originally posted by pen1300
There's a File Book of Artemis Fowl out now. I missed it when I was home last time. I accidentally stumbled upon the record and I was so mad mom did not tell me! So, has anyone looked at it yet?

Later,
Pen1300

PS: Constructive Bump Wink


Is the cover black and green and remind you of the Matrix?

I can't believe this thread lives!! Big Grin
Captain Maw 04-04-2005 09:04 PM
does anyone have the translation of the "code" that runs along the bottem (top?) of the book? thanks, i'm really curious.
BethMcBeth 04-06-2005 02:12 PM
I tried to read the book once but I was so busy I for sure have forgotten what I have read I'll have to get back into it! Thanks! ^_^"
pen1300 05-08-2005 08:50 AM
ATTENTION ARTEMIS FANS!

There is NOW a FOURTH book in the series!

Artemis Fowl: The Opal Deception.

You cannot imagine my excitement when I learned (at work no less) about the fourth book in the series! That totally made up for the bad week (and so did last night period). Unfortunately, we have yet to get a copy and it is quite popular in library standards. I've all ready told my mom that when the library gets it I want to be first on the list. I won't take long to read it. Big Grin

This is GREAT! Though, honestly, I have no idea what the author could do and I forget who Opal was....I could read the books again! Happy

Later,
Pen1300
dancinggummi88 06-15-2005 12:19 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Soltha_Sil
First Book...dazed and not good.


yeah... i got bored with that one too