[Suggestion] Other Contest Ideas

NVWC2006 04-22-2004 04:28 PM
Contests are always fun, especially when it's something having to do with one of your favorite shows. The Video Making contest didn't seem to go/be going well due to lack of submitions, and as said in the thread to view the videos, that is most likely because many don't have content or neccesary soft/hardware to make such video files.
But contests are still fun.
So I think we should have various ideas to use for contests in the future, should there be any. Contests that more people can participate in. Just take a look at everything that goes on in the Nightingale Club.
  1. Fanfiction
  2. Drawing
  3. Poetry

And other stuff, whether it's other video clips or music or who knows what creative things. But any one of these, something that more, or many people can do, I think would make a good contest competition thing. I know I'd like fanfiction, for it'd bring me out of my laziness and get me to actually type a story already, and drawing is pretty fun, whether it's random pictures or attempting comics, and that's just what I like. Other people like all sorts of things.
Submit your ideas here!
Jonny Axehandle 04-22-2004 04:49 PM
I like it. This would be very interesting.
Tony Waynewrong 04-22-2004 04:54 PM
Well, I think I have the drawing contest covered. It's the Dorothy-Off Art Contest.

It's our hope to bring up-to-date exposure to all our great artists. I have a first prize and if a few more join, there will be a second and third prize. So, if you are an artist that wants exposure and a shot at some prizes, register today.
NVWC2006 04-22-2004 06:40 PM
Yeah, I saw that, things like that are perfect ideas.
I'd enter if i drew Dorothy well Tongue but I encourage everyone who DOES draw Dorothy's life well to enter Tony's contest, but be careful, there's tough competition to beat!
IamRogerSmith 04-23-2004 02:34 PM
Tough competition? Frown I better drop out...
pen1300 04-23-2004 02:34 PM
Actually, I would like to add a contest idea. I think it would be nifty to do a movie poster idea. We have a thread in the Nightengale about Movie posters from Big O and it was mentioned that a Cowboy Bebop site did a movie post contest. Some of the movie posters that have been popping up have been REALLY good or funny. Big Grin

Later,
Pen1300
evanASF27 04-23-2004 02:40 PM
Fanfiction contest seems risky...I mean...if you write at least 1 inside joke (like all of the scenes in my still unfinished fanfic, The Greatest Thief) then your audiance is TOTALLY lost. Even if it is the simple idea of Roger 'marrying' Dorothy (which is a quite common theme here Tongue ) people who are new might be thinking Roger will choose Angel or not even try to understand.

I think that would could do something else that is along those lines though. Something like...the best Crossover scene? It's possible for anyone (with the right ideas) to make one Smile

Movie Posters? That wouldn't really be fair cos not all of us have access to actually movie poster pics...(IE me! >_<;; )
Schwarzwald 04-23-2004 03:17 PM
What about a live action thing.

Well...either a set of digital pictures... or just a plan video... where someone acts out a scene from big O...

well... or just a ..>VERSION...

Like....modern getto schwarzwald...

----
Schwarzwald's like standon an escaltor while roger is trying to chase him with a knife... they both jump onto the escalator and just...stand on it as they go up than dash away..

-extensions of scene as you see fit-

..or something....

Meh. might be an...idea that is a bit to limited to people who coudl do it... I personally need a special hook up to put a proper video on my computor... but possible...
-----
evanASF27 04-23-2004 03:20 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Schwarzwald
What about a live action thing.

Well...either a set of digital pictures... or just a plan video... where someone acts out a scene from big O...

well... or just a ..>VERSION...

Like....modern getto schwarzwald...

----
Schwarzwald's like standon an escaltor while roger is trying to chase him with a knife... they both jump onto the escalator and just...stand on it as they go up than dash away..

-extensions of scene as you see fit-

..or something....

Meh. might be an...idea that is a bit to limited to people who coudl do it... I personally need a special hook up to put a proper video on my computor... but possible...
-----

not everyone has a digital camcorder or camera.