Wolf's Rain

Ano Hito 04-20-2004 10:16 PM
Has anyone seen it yet? I know it's coming to the general English speaking populace this Saturday. All I know about it is that it takes place in the future where mankind thinks that wolves are extinct when in fact they take the forms of humans. The main character is Kiba who is a white wolf, but has brown/black hair as a human, and the serise only runs for about 26 episodes. Does anyone know anything more?

EDIT: I heard that Kiba was to be voiced by Crispan Freeman! The guy who did Fuma in X! Score! Woo...well, I guess.

EDIT: Nevermind, false alarm. The voice of Kiba is some guy I've never heard of called "Johnny Yong Bosch". Mr. Freeman is doing Tsume. Oh well.

Also, strangely enough I had this lovely picture floating around on my computer...

http://www.geocities.com/watakushiano/letgo.txt

It's Kiba and that other guy...
Silv3rKnigh1 04-20-2004 11:10 PM
why would i watch it on here, if i was gonna see it on TV
Ano Hito 04-20-2004 11:11 PM
What are you talking about? That's what I'm saying...it's going to be on TV....on Saturday...on CN......
C.R Foxhound 04-21-2004 12:50 AM
awww, i wanted to start a Wolf's Rain thread, its only right that I do it, anyway

26 eps long, but i hear it has 4 RECAP EPIDSODES

hmm...

they elso made 3 extra epidsodes to make up for that

Music by Yoko Kanno-go download the song "gravity", you wont regret it.

I think BONES does the animation(Cowboy Bebop Movie)
Ano Hito 04-21-2004 04:44 PM
Yeah, it'll be great. I love stuff like this, fantasy mixed with sci fi. It'll be cool.

Also, I found out the image I put a link to above is from episode six. I wonder what the circumstances behind it are...
Green_Bird 04-22-2004 07:29 PM
Yeah it has me intrested, I think the story looks pretty good. I've been reading up on it on this site http://paradiselost.nerdtopia.org/ and this one http://www.geocities.com/rakuenreq/ It looks like a really good animé....
The Big Mo 04-23-2004 11:18 AM
The wolves don't actually turn into humans, I don't think. They just put on an illusion of looking human to humans, or something like that.

Can't wait.
Ano Hito 04-23-2004 05:32 PM
No, because if they really felt like wolves and just looked like humans, there would be several odd problems, for instance, the way Tsume is holding Kiba in the picture I posted above. For another, their eye level would be lower and such....but I may be mistaken.
C.R Foxhound 04-23-2004 06:27 PM
its probably one of those" just roll with it" kind of things
Falcon 7 04-23-2004 07:43 PM
Wolf's Rain is very good. They showed the first 3 episodes "dubbed" at Anime Boston and they did an amazing job. For the curious Johnny Yong Bosch was also the VA for Vash on Trigun as well as Adam "The Black Ranger" on the second season of Mighty Morphing Power Rangers.

The first episode is a little slow, but the action picks up during the second episode. Everything makes more sense once you watch it.
Ano Hito 04-23-2004 08:13 PM
You mean that man VA with the rather high voice?

I don't think that fits Kiba too well, but I don't care as long as it's good.
Green_Bird 04-24-2004 12:24 PM
They did pick some good VAs for the dubbed verson....here's the list, I added their other characters they did.....but having never seen the animé before I don't know if they would fit the characters or not.....

Johnny Yong Bosch (Vash from Trigun, Sakaki from Witch hunter Robin) as Kiba

Kari Wahlgren (Robin from Witch Hunter Robin, Haruko from FLCL) as Cher Degri

Beau Billingslea (Jet on Cowboy bebop) as Quent Yaiden

Crispin Freeman (Hideki from Chobits, Alan Gabriel from Big O, Amon from Wich hunter robin) as Tsume

Joshua Seth (Knives from Trigun) as Hige

Lia Sargent (Dorothy from Big O, Judy from Cowboy bebop, Millie from Trigun) as Neige

Mona Marshall (Minoru from Chobits, Wen from Cowboy bebop, Motoko from Love Hina, Sybil Rowen from Big O) as Toboe

Robert Bucholz as Hubb Lebowski

Steven Blum (Spike From Cowboy bebop, Roger from Big O, And a few others I can't remember) as Darcia
Ano Hito 04-24-2004 12:42 PM
Actually, David Lucas did Spike, but who cares, really?

That's a good list of VAs. I bet it's going to be good.

C'mon! Be 10:30 PM already!

2 more hours...
C.R Foxhound 04-24-2004 09:45 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Ano Hito

2 more hours...

i hear you

i cant wait!!!!
Madrona 04-25-2004 12:34 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Ano Hito

2 more hours...

Steven Blum and David Lucas are the same person...

A rose by any other name would smell as sweet.

Bring on that sexy voice. It's sitting in my TIVO as I type.
jonnycooj 04-25-2004 02:04 AM
The first ep. was really good Vash the wolf boy is definitely a cool character. I can’t watch FLCL again...CANTI SAN!!!!!!!!
Bismarck 04-25-2004 02:10 AM
Man, all I have to say about this series is that it's bad ass. It has good music, it's own style, interesting characters (from what I've seen), and an interesting and pretty original storyline. Bandai has a knack for creating good series and this is another one to put under the "list". The only thing I wish is that they could play the episodes every single day and also on the weekends. But I guess this gives me the opportunity to sleep...
Raven 04-25-2004 02:20 AM
it looked pretty cool so far. And I was glad that goofy looking kid got offed already cause he was kinda annoying.
taaudoloran 04-25-2004 03:07 AM
Good looking animation. Kinda has an upgraded animation from Witch Hunter Robin. That half cgi half drawn look. I love the color scheme and the "feel" of the first episode.

The characters seem to have that Bebop/Robin brooding attitude. That's not neccessarily a bad thing.

Music was really good. I like that the song is in English. Makes it a bit more intresting for those who do not know Japanese.

Overall, a really good start with lots of potential. The story can develop into a good arc, but I hope they don't take the easy way out with a stereotypical Blade/Xmen type version of "the normals vs. the mystical" battle. The mention of "Paradise" was intresting and holds promise.

I give it thumbs up!
Wazpy 04-25-2004 07:39 AM
I probably wouldn't have watched it if Adult Swim hadn't made that cool commercial with those tribal drums.

Anyway, I was half asleep so I don't really remember much except its the futre, wolves are extinct, and these are super intelligent wolves who can transform into humans. I'll watch a few more episodes before judging it I guess.