Wolf's Rain

Tickle Tickle 04-25-2004 08:12 AM
I really liked it, can't wait to see more.

Only two things bugged me...

1. Jousha Seth. Its not that he's a bad actor, but his voice is so annoying and he's in EVERYTHING.

2.OP cut and ED cut short. I've heard the OP is really good, and AS had 2 mins. and 30 secs. to air the friggin OP and ED. Which is why FLCL came on 2 mins. earlier.
The Big Mo 04-25-2004 09:46 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Bismarck
Bandai has a knack for creating good series and this is another one to put under the "list".

I don't think Bandai had much to do with this show at all. ANN's encyclopedia does list Bandai Visual under production, but Studio BONES created the series and did the animation.
C.R Foxhound 04-25-2004 09:58 AM
i dont think Bandai creates series, the seem more like a distrubutor/funding company.

in anycase, i loved it. kinda funny how the man chars are really Wolves, but thats cool

and im definately getting a tattoo of Kiba in wolf form

And doesnt that one character(i forget his name) thats talking with Kiba at the end of the epidsode look like he could be Ed's older brother or a younger version of spike.

Shouldnt be surprised, the big dogs from Bebop are doing this anime as well
Ano Hito 04-25-2004 11:45 AM
It was pretty good. The cable in my area went out for a few hours, so I missed Wolf's Rain's first showing, but I caught the one at 1:30. I still don't think Kiba's voice fits, but I'm sure I'll get used to it.

What really bothers me still is the above stated point about eye level. A wolf's eye level is about 2.5 feet off the ground probably, and a person's eye level is about 5-6 feet off the ground. So, since they are only putting the illusion of being human, wouldn't they encounter problems having to do with what they can and can't see?

Also, I've seen a picture somewhere I'm sure of one of them holding two things, one in each hand. How does that work?

Oh well. I'll just go with the flow.
Silv3rKnigh1 04-25-2004 12:15 PM
Wow i was impressed, it seems really good
Green_Bird 04-25-2004 12:23 PM
quote:
Originally posted by C.R Foxhound
And doesnt that one character(i forget his name) thats talking with Kiba at the end of the epidsode look like he could be Ed's older brother or a younger version of spike.

I second the younger verson of Spike....with blond hair......
http://www.geocities.com/rakuenreq/hige_s1.gif

Well I really thought it was good cant wait until next week! It's like Witch Hunter Robin mixed with Cowboy bebop. But I have to admit that when Kiba said "My name is....." I was waiting for him to say Vash the Stampead.....I do that alot, I start to asosiate the English VAs with the character in the animé that I saw them in first. But all and all it was good.

But it only being on saterdays reminds me of the first runs of AS when all the anime was on saterday and you had to wait because the other days were all what they have on sundays now. But I want to see more! Oh well...I guess it gives fans time to sleep like Bismarck said.....
Zola 04-25-2004 12:47 PM
I haven't seen it yet, but I am planning on it. Crispin Freeman talked about it a lot when he gave his panel at Anime Boston Smile
Ano Hito 04-25-2004 04:24 PM
Crispan Freeman was "TEH COOLNESS" as usual.
Redd 04-25-2004 05:31 PM
I liked it... I happened to catch it while waiting for FLCL to come on... I found it very interesting, but kinda confusing (the characters). The beginning drew me into it. Smile
Xel 04-25-2004 06:45 PM
I love the art style... it's reminiscent of Cowboy Bebop (obviously), and the colors are really pretty. ^^

Also, I've never ever heard Crispin Freeman growl like that before. Whoa. *blush, fans self*
BabyGhia 04-25-2004 07:43 PM
I missed the first half Frown but I watched the last half. Seems interesting. Unforunately I was very tired when I watched it so don't ask me exactly what happened. But I think that I'll watch it next week.

BabyGhia
Wingnut 04-25-2004 08:18 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Xel
I love the art style... it's reminiscent of Cowboy Bebop (obviously), and the colors are really pretty. ^^

Also, I've never ever heard Crispin Freeman growl like that before. Whoa. *blush, fans self*

Well I guess we now know what Xel's dreams will be like for the next few nights. Big Grin
It was amuseing to hear Beck's voice comeing out of someone on the right side of the law.
CoCoaPuFF CatX 04-25-2004 10:14 PM
WoWzERz I thought this was GREaT! i LoVEd it! lolx i shall be watching a whole lot more.... but i'm confuzed about one thing tho....
When the guy with the white hair was trying to save the little boy did he see him as a wolf or as a human..? I mean does he have the power to show certain ppl that he is a wolf or do ppl just see past it.. because if ppl see past it then how in the world where they able to get out of that place

CountDown
Post 494
evanASF27 04-25-2004 11:27 PM
i kinda like this show...it might actually have something to it Cool

Right off the bat I also notice alot of famous voice actors in it. I heard Vash's voice and then some others I just randomly forgot X_x;;

...I cant' wait fer the next ep...
CoCoaPuFF CatX 04-26-2004 12:02 AM
awwwwwwies!...... look at the puppy lolx~!

CountDown
Post 497
C.R Foxhound 04-26-2004 10:04 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Sexy Eyebrows
awwwwwwies!...... look at the puppy lolx~!

CountDown
Post 497

how did you get that family photo Eyebrows? Shocked

whatever, i thinks the first hour of As must be the Dog hour with Inuyasha and Wolf's Rain

Dogz pwn joo

Big Grin
Barrin 04-26-2004 11:49 AM
I sense some very good things wil come from this show. MAny questions, many cool visuals... We can only hope it'll all make sense in the end, like why there's domes, and the wold disguises as well.

The trobal drums commercil did add a good effect.
Madrona 04-26-2004 05:22 PM
Those domes and the tree thing sticking out of it at an angle sort of reminded me of the main dome after Big Fau went a little crazy. Or am I imagining that?Embarrassed Sweatdrop

I haven't been able to watch the whole thing through yet but i see some potential.
jonnycooj 04-27-2004 04:32 AM
People that watched it on fansub said that the “real” ending (27-30) is incredible. Hopefully they don’t' play the recap eps. on CN or try to sell them on this side of the “pond,” anime is expensive enough w/o recaps.
C.R Foxhound 04-27-2004 10:34 AM
quote:
Originally posted by jonnycooj
People that watched it on fansub said that the “real” ending (27-30) is incredible. Hopefully they don’t' play the recap eps. on CN or try to sell them on this side of the “pond,” anime is expensive enough w/o recaps.

i hope CN plays the eps, they could play them and just have one recap ep

i mean c'mon, FOUR?