[Question] About Warnings

Benjamin 04-11-2004 06:08 PM
I have seen people with warnings where their member level should be...I imagine that you get them for breaking the rules...but how do you get rid of them...if at all???

THX

MINION

Sorry if this has been asked before
Manji 04-11-2004 06:20 PM
Krang or Shredder will remove the warnings when the believe the member has changed his ways, or when the member has paid his due.

It's similar to prison. You can get off early for good behavior, or you can just not cause trouble and it will eventually go away. If you cause more trouble, however, then your wanring will increase to level 2.

Understand?
Benjamin 04-11-2004 06:22 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Manji
Krang or Shredder will remove the warnings when the believe the member has changed his ways, or when the member has paid his due.

It's similar to prison. You can get off early for good behavior, or you can just not cause trouble and it will eventually go away. If you cause more trouble, however, then your wanring will increase to level 2.

Understand?

But heres what I do not get...what do you mean by paid his due
Manji 04-11-2004 06:24 PM
Well, when the member has had the warning long enough to the point that the Admins believe he/she has learned thier lesson.

Theres no "bribing" or anything going on Big Grin
Randolph 04-11-2004 06:31 PM
I've been wondering about warnings, too. I guess when the warning reaches x3, they get banned, right? Or does that not come until a fourth warning? There are three warning boxes after all, and several more shades of red.
Manji 04-11-2004 06:36 PM
Nope there is just-

Warning
Warning X2
Warning X3 (Banned)

Thats it, 3 strikes and your out.
R.Jesse 04-11-2004 06:59 PM
here i will be an example

*warned

cace 1

**** krang
spoiler (highlight to read):
i cyfu u bla bla
=warned x2 Pleased

cace 2

helping out exe not raveing like a "donky"= no more warning
YoruameBaroness 04-13-2004 04:50 PM
quote:
Originally posted by R.Jesse
here i will be an example

*warned

cace 1

**** krang
spoiler (highlight to read):
i cyfu u bla bla
=warned x2 Pleased

cace 2

helping out exe not raveing like a "donky"= no more warning

Huh? I don't get it. Please explain.
Manji 04-13-2004 05:01 PM
Alright, AltVista's got this one covered.

*Runs post through translator*

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here are some examples-

Case #1

Obsene Language = Warned x2

However

Helping other members/admins/moderators, and not being stupid (like spamming, flaming, ect.) = Pardon

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Does that make any more sense Baroness?

It's basically the same thing everyone else, including myself has said about the subject.
evanASF27 04-13-2004 05:02 PM
I think what he was trying to say was:
If you show off and act like and ass and do rude, impolite, and just generally bad things to people or spam alot (the reasons can vary) you get a warning.

If you continue acting like a twit, you get another warning...BUT! If you don't do anything "bad" (persay) for a while (durations do vary) then you'll get a warning taken away (going from 2X -> Warned, and from Warned->[whatever rank u r @]).

But if you keep being an idiot, and do stupid things (or even do a SERIES of things wrong, like LupinIII, the first banned member) you will get banned (3 strikes...OUT!)

But i think R.Jeese here was implying that a person's gotta be a suck-up (a admin's pet if you will) in order to get your warning taken away. Tongue Roll Eyes

the reason i got my warning was for continuous (actually a series of) arguments in different threads. Mainly the Panorama Pics thread, and basically anywhere Seraphim was. I have my reasons for being against him and I do suppose that earned me probably "half a warning", but the arguing in the Panorama Pics thread probably hit it home...
I don't mind the warning really, I mean I know there will be a next time in the fight (oh there will be one), but really it's just a status for me really. I mean eventually it will go away...tho that could take a while Roll Eyes ...but in the mean time I get to use an appropriate avatar and location for it Pleased Big Grin Hey even Zenigata was thrown in jail! lol Gotta stay in character Wink

*edit*
ARGH! Manji! You beat me O_o;;;
YoruameBaroness 04-13-2004 05:27 PM
I understand now. Thanks for explaining. ^_^
Zopwx2 04-13-2004 05:39 PM
I got a warning, and after a couple months they suddenly removed it.

If you get one, just don't whine about it. You probably did somthing wrong, you just have to try to follow the rules better next time.

But there are no set guidelines for warnings. The Admins give and take them anyway they like.
Dude Love 04-13-2004 10:08 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Zopwx2
The Admins give and take them anyway they like.

It's not taking and giving as they please. You get one when you break the rules, and when you have rehabilitated yourself, it's taken away. Saying they give and take as they please is making it sound as if Krang and Shredder are randomly giving people warnings, which they're not.
Krang 04-14-2004 12:08 AM
quote:
But there are no set guidelines for warnings.

Yes there are.

quote:

If you break the rules, you get a warning. If you start following the rules after getting the warning (i.e. show improvement in the area you were warned for), your warning is taken away after a month or so. If you stop logging in and posting after getting your warning, you aren't showing any improvement, so your warning remains (which is why some people on the list have been warned for so long). That doesn't sound very subjective to me...
Zopwx2 04-14-2004 05:19 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Krang
quote:

Yes there are.

Well, I mean that you have the power to decide how many warnings to give, to who, and how long they should have them.

Its not like I could go to the FAQ and say "Oh I got 2 more weeks to go before my warning is gone".

The admins decide wether or not your behavoir has improved.
Dude Love 04-14-2004 07:38 PM
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yes there are.

Well, I mean that you have the power to decide how many warnings to give, to who, and how long they should have them.

Its not like I could go to the FAQ and say "Oh I got 2 more weeks to go before my warning is gone".

Well, from what I've gathered, it's always one warning, unless you've been privately warned about your behavior (as was the case with el_w00t) or if you broke so many rules at once that you gotta get more than one.
X Prime 04-14-2004 08:47 PM
quote:
quote:

Yes there are.

quote:

If you break the rules, you get a warning. If you start following the rules after getting the warning (i.e. show improvement in the area you were warned for), your warning is taken away after a month or so. If you stop logging in and posting after getting your warning, you aren't showing any improvement, so your warning remains (which is why some people on the list have been warned for so long). That doesn't sound very subjective to me...

What if you were warned for spam though..? Not posting or barely posting WOULD seem to be the alternative...
Dude Love 04-14-2004 08:52 PM
quote:
Originally posted by X Prime
quote:
quote:

Yes there are.

quote:

What if you were warned for spam though..? Not posting or barely posting WOULD seem to be the alternative...

Nah. IMO, the alternative would be posting posts with meaning (like ones that are 3 or 4 sentences long rather than a word, and also follow the topic).
Krang 04-14-2004 11:47 PM
quote:

What's your point? That's the way it is with any forums with a warning system, not just ours. It is impossible for the forum software itself to determine whether or not someone broke the rules, so there will always need to be someone to enforce them. And if all warnings were taken away after a set amount of time rather than based on the person's behavior, what would prevent the person from not visiting the forums until the time has passed, then coming back and breaking the exact same rule (and doing this over and over)? We set up this method of taking away warnings here in order to give people a second chance after breaking the rules. Some forums make warnings permanent with absolutely no second chances. Would you rather see warnings handled like that here?

quote:
Originally posted by Wienberg
quote:
Originally posted by X Prime

Nah. IMO, the alternative would be posting posts with meaning (like ones that are 3 or 4 sentences long rather than a word, and also follow the topic).

Exactly. Unless they post again, there's no way to determine whether or not people who were warned for spamming will continue spamming once they return.
Zopwx2 04-15-2004 01:08 PM
quote:
quote:

What's your point? That's the way it is with any forums with a warning system, not just ours. It is impossible for the forum software itself to determine whether or not someone broke the rules, so there will always need to be someone to enforce them. And if all warnings were taken away after a set amount of time rather than based on the person's behavior, what would prevent the person from not visiting the forums until the time has passed, then coming back and breaking the exact same rule (and doing this over and over)? We set up this method of taking away warnings here in order to give people a second chance after breaking the rules. Some forums make warnings permanent with absolutely no second chances. Would you rather see warnings handled like that here?

No no, I'm not complaining.

Its just that MINION seemed to not know much about warnings at all. So I'm sorry If I stated somthing that was obvious to everyone else.