[Comment] To help out....

Jonny Axehandle 04-11-2004 05:19 PM
I'll be making some character bio pages for the main page. I'll code the PHP and everything. Interested?

And if you're nice I'll show you a security hole that makes this forum easy to hack. Aaaaaand I'll show you how to fix it and make this place more secure(And possibly keep me out j/k Wink )

Honestly, you thought I would stoop sooooo low to hack the forum? Pathetic. Roll Eyes
Bentar 04-11-2004 08:51 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Jonny Axehandle
I'll be making some character bio pages for the main page. I'll code the PHP and everything. Interested?

That sounds cool to me, but (assuming its ok with Krang) it may be some time before the pages are actually posted. I think he had a backlog of tasks even before last week's 'diversion'.

quote:
And if you're nice I'll show you a security hole that makes this forum easy to hack. Aaaaaand I'll show you how to fix it and make this place more secure(And possibly keep me out j/k Wink )

I suggest going ahead and pm'ing Krang with the info. If it is a legitimate security weakness, I'm sure he'd be thankful.

quote:
Honestly, you thought I would stoop sooooo low to hack the forum? Pathetic. Roll Eyes

I'm glad to know alot of us were wrong about you. Smile Krang obviously believed in you - otherwise you would have been waaaay banned. Big Grin
evanASF27 04-11-2004 11:46 PM
actually...I did think you would stoop that low...but meh I guess I can be wrong.

Anyways...what character bios did you have in mind? (seeing as how, slowly but surely, I'm working on the mechas)
Krang 04-12-2004 04:50 AM
quote:

Sure, we would appreciate the help in that area. Like Bentar mentioned, I do have some updates that need to be taken care of first (on top of having alot to do outside of the site), but I'll put them up soon after.

quote:

I wouldn't have put the forums back up without double checking with the WBB devs about the security (who said that "there are no known security problems" and that WBB uses "the same system all other forums use" for session security), but if you've found something that they haven't, I'd definitely be interested in hearing about it through PM or email so that it can be fixed.

quote:

Well you can't be too careful when someone puts "Plotting to hack Paradigm" for their location on their profile...
Jonny Axehandle 04-13-2004 12:02 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Krang
Sure, we would appreciate the help in that area. Like Bentar mentioned, I do have some updates that need to be taken care of first (on top of having alot to do outside of the site), but I'll put them up soon after.

I'll have them done in a week or so.

quote:
I wouldn't have put the forums back up without double checking with the WBB devs about the security (who said that "there are no known security problems" and that WBB uses "the same system all other forums use" for session security), but if you've found something that they haven't, I'd definitely be interested in hearing about it through PM or email so that it can be fixed.

I'll do that as soon as I have the time.

quote:
Well you can't be too careful when someone puts "Plotting to hack Paradigm" for their location on their profile...

Still, this place has how many members? More than 1000? And I brought them down just by making a silly threat. This is going in my book of "Holy crap I can't belive I did THAT!!"
Zopwx2 04-13-2004 03:16 PM
quote:

Still, this place has how many members? More than 1000? And I brought them down just by making a silly threat. This is going in my book of "Holy crap I can't belive I did THAT!!"

All it takes is one "suspicous package" to stop an entire airport.....

And I don't think Krang took the boards down just becuase of you, but for other reasons too.
YoruameBaroness 04-13-2004 04:48 PM
I'll admit, I was a little suspicious of Axehandle. I apologize. Can't wait to see those pages. Wink
Krang 04-14-2004 12:27 AM
quote:

As Zopwx2 mentioned, your threat wasn't the only reason why I shut down the forums for a few days (see the thread "While Paradigm Forums are down..." at the Neo-Speakeasy for more information). Besides, that wasn't just a "silly threat," you were threatening to destroy our forums that had 1300+ members and 100,000+ posts and took countless hours to set up and maintain (and yes, I had particular reasons to take your threat seriously rather than just ignoring it). I think that is reason enough to influence me to take the forums down for a short time so that we would be fully prepared for any future hacking attempts (from anyone, not just you).
Manji 04-14-2004 12:39 AM
We appreciate the time and consideration that you put in to it Krang, you and Shredder have done a fine job. It's obvious how well the site is maintained and kept safe. I'd like to thank you guys again for working so hard to keep the forums and site running, so on behalf of myself and the rest of Paradigm, Thanks Paradigm Team!
Dude Love 04-14-2004 01:23 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Manji
We appreciate the time and consideration that you put in to it Krang, you and Shredder have done a fine job. It's obvious how well the site is maintained and kept safe. I'd like to thank you guys again for working so hard to keep the forums and site running, so on behalf of myself and the rest of Paradigm, Thanks Paradigm Team!

*nods in approval*

Krang and Shredder are great. They're always doing work for us. Giving the MFL a second chance after the flame wars, to backing up everything when there was a threat to the forums safety, Krang and Shredder are always working to keep we members happy. I wish there was some way to repay them.
Hanyou 04-14-2004 07:47 AM
GOD I feel guilty. Even I was slightly suspicious.

Dammit. Well, you've proven, once again, that you are a man of some integrity, Axehandle. I second the Baroness.
R.Smith 04-14-2004 12:23 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Hanyou

Dammit. Well, you've proven, once again, that you are a man of some integrity, Axehandle. I second the Baroness.

Well you two may apologize, but i still don't trust him. He'll have to be on his best behaviour, no, "axe" that, he's best ain't that good. He'll have to be pretttty good before i even consider him "ok"
i don't trust him as far as i can spit.
Dude Love 04-14-2004 01:55 PM
quote:
Originally posted by R.Smith
Well you two may apologize, but i still don't trust him. He'll have to be on his best behaviour, no, "axe" that, he's best ain't that good. He'll have to be pretttty good before i even consider him "ok"

I, too, am a bit suspicious. But, I'll try to forgive and forget, but even so, I will still be suspicious. If Krang trusts him (as it seems so) then I trust him also.
Seraphim 04-14-2004 04:12 PM
quote:
Originally posted by R.Smith
quote:
Originally posted by Hanyou

I agree with you entirely, R. Smith, but my flame-war sense is tingling. Perhaps we should drop this.
Mr. Fortnight 04-14-2004 06:42 PM
I agree, this is getting near a sensitive spot. Better to lock and drop than to flame on and get warned. And trust me, it's starting to get a little warm in here.
Krang 04-15-2004 02:37 AM
I agree, this thread should be locked for now in order to avoid any possible flame wars. When Jonny finishes the character bios and the security fix, he can PM or email them to me (and I could unlock this thread then if it becomes relevant again).