Free Web Hosting, what a joke..

-Wanderer- 04-11-2004 01:15 PM
I've been looking all throughout the internet tryng to find free web hosting for my web site I created, but I still can't find a free web hosting service, it seems that all these supposedly free web hosting accounts are jokes. I posted a while back about this but it seems that thread wasn't much help, I'm calling on Krang and anyone that might know where I can get a free web domain.
Manji 04-11-2004 01:32 PM
Well I'm no expert on the subject (I just used Tripod to make oneSweatdrop ), but I wonder if you've tried this place. I checked it out a while back, though it didn't come in much use cause I dont have a website built to upload. Big Grin

http://www.freewebsites.com/

Thats all I've heard of, so I hope it helps.
Howler_65 04-11-2004 01:50 PM
ok now are u lookin to make a site ... if u are my brother aaron is preety dang good he got awards 4 the first 3 sites he made he's a wiz ...his website is not under google yet but in the address bar it is "lab-media.com"

but he is good so check it out

-howler-
Seraphim 04-11-2004 05:15 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Howler_65
ok now are u lookin to make a site ... if u are my brother aaron is preety dang good he got awards 4 the first 3 sites he made he's a wiz ...his website is not under google yet but in the address bar it is "lab-media.com"

but he is good so check it out

-howler-

I guess you could use Geocities, or I can host it for you if it's not too big.

Also, howler, I have a completely unrelated question... how can your brother have 10 years experience with 98/2k/xp if the oldest one out of those is only six years old? Tongue
Krang 04-12-2004 04:59 AM
quote:
Originally posted by -Wanderer-
I've been looking all throughout the internet tryng to find free web hosting for my web site I created, but I still can't find a free web hosting service, it seems that all these supposedly free web hosting accounts are jokes. I posted a while back about this but it seems that thread wasn't much help, I'm calling on Krang and anyone that might know where I can get a free web domain.

Sure, no problem. If you're looking for free hosting, check out FreeWebspace.net. From there, you can search for a free host that has the features that you're looking for (you might also want to check their forums). Another one to try would be http://www.hostrocket.com/free/, but they're currently not accepting new applications, so you might have to wait a little. One last place to check is your ISP, since many of them offer some free webspace as part of their Internet service. Hope this helps!
The Big Ian 04-12-2004 11:56 AM
I was using AP1, but I inadvertantly broke a rule or two, so they deleted my site. However, assuming you don't make any mistakes (i.e. no hotlinking), it's good for an HTML based site.
Shaoblane 04-12-2004 01:37 PM
quote:

I use this one.

www.irev.net/avatar

Free hosting, no strings atrached, and you can access your stuff easy.
if you go to my website to the total pics page, you'll see that I have everything in a gallery there. www.irev.net/shaoblane_gallery

its that easy
-Wanderer- 04-12-2004 08:19 PM
Hey Krang which server host did you use to set up Paradigm City? How much does it cost and what features does it come with?
Prons 04-12-2004 08:35 PM
Netfirms.com but they hide the button that says free hosting, so ya have to search the page for it.
Schwarzwald 04-12-2004 08:49 PM
quote:
Hey Krang which server host did you use to set up Paradigm City? How much does it cost and what features does it come with?

Hey if your willing to pay...

I'd go with www.Streamload.com

for like 5 dollers you can get 1000 mgs of bandwidth...

its also commonly used as a file trading service..although they discourage it... and so to the traders... delete after one day...shame that be... but its quite good hosting... atleast from what I know of common day prices...

You get a free trial of... I think... 100mgs? might be 1000... not sure...

of and its per month... they don't role over...

EDIT: The main attraction is infinate storage.... they only pay you forbandwidth so you can store any ammount of files you want... from what I understand...
Zopwx2 04-13-2004 02:16 PM
I used www.freewebs.com for awhile.....
harshfire 04-14-2004 09:22 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Zopwx2
I used www.freewebs.com for awhile.....

That's what I currently use.
Silv3rKnigh1 04-14-2004 09:25 PM
Ive tried all those places and none of tehm even allow enof bandwith to view one page of my site
-Wanderer- 04-14-2004 10:09 PM
That's so true, I've tried over a couple web hosts and that one didn't work that great.
Silv3rKnigh1 06-20-2004 09:19 PM
I no longer have to worry about bandwidth, but I have a few pics from uncut animes, and show rated R material. Anyone know a free host that will let me post rated R stuff ?
YoruameBaroness 06-20-2004 09:51 PM
http://www.anzwers.net/

They allow adult material and are for hosting adult websites.

http://www.anzwers.org/

And here's the one for personal or business (non-adult material) sites.
Green_Bird 06-20-2004 10:01 PM
http://www.freewebpage.org/
http://www.topcities.com/

I use the second one for my Cowboy Bebop site...I don't know about R matral, but I used cuss words for a few quotes from the show....and they didn't say anything....I guess it would depend on what your trying to put on there.....if it's just like the usual full frontal female nudity that usualy all animé sites have then I guess it would be okay....but I really don't know....
Gummibear 06-20-2004 10:08 PM
Personally I have used, Yahoo(which I'm not a fan of but not a lot of annoying pop-ups), Freewebs( Excellent! No pop-ups but a bit limited), Bravenet ( my favorite excellent and powerful website editor however it does come at a price, if you get the free package you have to live with the an ougly advertisment above your web page, like my Rafael Amaya shrine(spanish actor I worship). I've also heard FateBack is good but you do have to have an FTP program.
Nyarlathotep 06-21-2004 12:22 AM
I use Geocities, but we all know how much they suck. Good thing I only use my site as basically a bragging soap box to show off my Transformers collection...too bad I recently stopped collecting...
Son_of_Horus 06-21-2004 12:27 AM
The best "free" webhost is Lycos.
You even get access to a MySQL database so you can use phpbb forums.