Another suggestion!!!!!

dominusofdeath 04-07-2004 10:49 PM
I think it should be a OFFICIAL rule and not a implied rule.
That once a mod says something IT GOES! In Example: Today!
It honestly disgusted me!
Dude Love 04-07-2004 10:52 PM
quote:
Originally posted by PaladinAlexanderAnderson
I think it should be a OFFICIAL rule and not a implied rule.
That once a mod says something IT GOES! In Example: Today!
It honestly disgusted me!

I definitely second that. A mod's say in a "moderation" matter should have the same power as the rules, and treated as such. I was disgusted by the flagrant disregard for authority in the Speakeasy, and never would like to see that again. I even tried helping Almasy in his attempts to quell the unruly mob. And, when that point is reach, something is terribly wrong. When a regular member has to try to help a mod try to exercise control, everyone should be disgusted.
Manji 04-07-2004 11:16 PM
I have always thought of moderators as the upmost authority. If someone doesn't feel the same way then let them be warned...
Tony Waynewrong 04-07-2004 11:19 PM
I agree. The Mod should have more power to enforce their authority. I mean, the Speakeasy is an absolute mess. It's appalling.
evanASF27 04-08-2004 12:44 AM
it's not the lack of power...it's the lack of its usage.

I mean the speakeasy now has 3 (!!) mods...and yet there is still the lingering chaos...I don't blame the mods at all, quite the contrary, I blame thought they have of using the power. Let me explain. I myself as a moderator at a board (in the past) and as admin at the Neo-Speakeasy and other boards, am not afraid to use my powers if it's to control something that might go ary (sp?) ... however I see that some mods here don't want people to think of them as bad guys by using their "powers" to stop things because the fighters, or spammers, or whatevers would complain about it.
This feeling holds them back and so it takes a while for things to be stopped. Warnings (writen warnings I mean) have to be issued to calm things down (though these seldom work. Case in point, see what it did to me with the panorama pics thread Frown ), in the end threads end up getting locked (temporarily or permanently) and warning are issued. No one likes that, the mods don't, the people don't, and the people that caused it don't.

Well...that isn't the onlly thing that is the problem. It's just like te old saying "where were you when I needed ya?!" ..ok maybe not so old...but it's a saying Embarrassed Sweatdrop But who can blame them. They can't be everywhere, and everywhere they aren't the trouble can start again. Frown

It's a paradox...no solution except keeping an eyeout and alerting a nearby mod.
Kittie heavenly6 04-08-2004 12:46 AM
Well It's not really that, but I can't speak for R Smith, but I wasn't around the computer at all today untill roughly around 8:30PM CA time.
By then it was already to late.

Atleast Almasy had TRIED to controll things, It's a shame no one listened though >_<
dominusofdeath 04-08-2004 12:54 AM
quote:
Originally posted by GK Version 1
Well It's not really that, but I can't speak for R Smith, but I wasn't around the computer at all today untill roughly around 8:30PM CA time.
By then it was already to late.

Atleast Almasy had TRIED to controll things, It's a shame no one listened though >_<

I do not blame you GK.
It's not your fault you have this thing called a life after all.
All(most) of us do! Tongue
I like what Manji said if not a visual warning then at least a nasty letter or PM.
Mr. Fortnight 04-08-2004 02:09 AM
You know something? I would not be liked as a Mod here.

I would admit that I'm neither patient or forgiving. While I'm a fun loving guy, I tend to unleash my inner Megadeus when motivated.

So, I would, in all possibility, leave a trail of bans, and angry forum users in my wake. >.<

I'm so glad that we actually got Mods who are generous.

As for what has been going on over at the Speakeasy, I wasn't there when the flames were at full tilt, so all that's there are the messages left behind. It got ugly.

What was worse was when someone said the thread was going to be closed and to be considered such, the wars continued.

I think taht the only way to rectify that would be to make sure everyone knew who was in charge (which seems has happened with the increased warning track on several members.)

I do think though, that perhaps a notice in the FAQs stating that "A MODs word is the FINAL WORD" would be helpful.

Of course, I don't really have any complaints against the management, I think the situation is under control.
Krang 04-08-2004 11:13 PM
Some of the moderators can now moderate additional forums, so hopefully this should help a little. Also, in the future, we may start giving warnings to anyone who posts after a moderator unofficially locks the thread, so that should also prevent threads from getting out of control.