[Comment] Slooooowwww loading

YoruameBaroness 04-07-2004 05:50 PM
Is it just me, or do the boards seem to load really slowly? I guess cable Internet makes me really impatient, but lately it takes five to ten minutes for the main forum page to load, and sometimes pages in the Smith Mansion and the Speakeasy divisions take five and ten minutes to load, or simply won't load at all. What's going on? Slow server?
Manji 04-07-2004 06:19 PM
Well it cant be over crowding, so its either the hosting service being mean to Krang and the rest of Paradigm, or its your browser. Right now the forums are working fine for me, but I do know what your talking about, I've had similar occurences in the past.
evanASF27 04-07-2004 06:24 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Manji
Well it cant be over crowding,

indeed! The last time that happened was when AS aired the first ever airing of Act26!
...the forums were basically gridlocked Tongue ...hmm...dunno what the problem could be cos I too have noticed a little bit of a slow down at times. I think it could just be server issues.
Krang 04-08-2004 11:05 PM
Almost every time there's a problem with the server, it's because someone else on the server is abusing their account. This time, someone was sending out tons of spam, which slowed down the server. Roll Eyes Luckily, our host removed that account, so it should no longer be a problem.
Seraphim 04-10-2004 06:29 AM
If you're using the latest version of Mozilla (Mozilla/5.0 Gecko/20040316) there's a memory leak bug that can cause pages to load extremely slowly or not at all. All you need to do is restart Mozilla.
YoruameBaroness 04-10-2004 08:36 PM
I don't use Mozilla. I have cable so I use IE.
dominusofdeath 04-11-2004 01:32 AM
quote:
Originally posted by YoruameBaroness
I don't use Mozilla. I have cable so I use IE.

I have cable and I use Netscape. It comes with free pop-up blocking stuff and a password and download manager. I can't stand I.E.!

It must just be your comp the only time the page loads slowly for me is when I'm low on memory.