[RPG] The Big-Oh! RP — An Archive of Storytelling

snakemarcato13 04-15-2004 08:51 PM
Snake has grown the skill of watching out of the corners of his eyes over the years ("How long has it been?") and notices this new girl slightly afraid of him. "Probably my eyes." He thinks to himself. He turns to the girl, "You don't have to be afraid. There's nothing really wrong with me. My eyes are....." Pause. "...Battle scarred." Snake extends a black-glovved hand, "My name is Snake.... Snake...Marcato."

He is still leary about giving his name, but he knows it can't be avoided that people will find out who he is eventually. "Would you like it if I put my sunglasses back on?" He asks.
Gummibear 04-15-2004 09:43 PM
Emilia felt horrible, she really didn't mean to seem inconsiderate. She saw his hand extended and shook it as politely as she could."Pleasure to meet you sir, I'm...Isalai Tsai" "You needn't put your sunglasses back on...I...I didn't mean to stare.Please forgive me. I'm applying for a job in this bar." Emilia smiled trying to mend Snake's hurt. She really didn't mean it she just had never seen eyes like those. They actually were quite pretty. Red but dark almost like a ruby color.
snakemarcato13 04-16-2004 08:04 AM
Snake was not offended by the girl. In fact, when he asked if he should put his sunglasses back on, he did so with a considerate smile. He liked this girl so far, she made him laugh. Not in an arrogant way, but in a way that was just....funny. "It doesn't really matter to me," Snake said to the girl as he was looking at his empty glass, "I just see things a little differently without them." Then, without warning, almost in a "what-are-you-talking-about?" tone, Snake added, "Hehe. We're all hiding and running from something," Then to the girl, "It's okay. I have no qualms with you, and I'm not worried about your secret-- whatever that may be. But you should try to steady your voice more to cover yourself up." He said this with a smile.

Snake looked at the first woman he was speaking to, "'Miss Lovejoy' if that is your real name," He said curtly, "What are you after? What do you want from me?" He realized he was being rude, arrogant, and using a voice he used in battle, a voice he used when he saw through his natural eyes, and in response he puickly put his sunglasses back on. "Forgive me. I see things differently without my sunglasses. First, tell me what year it is, I have lost track of time ("truth is, I never had track of time." said his mind), then tell me your real name."

Snake looked at the women on each side of him, then his glass before saying, "Do either one of you know where I could find a place to stay? I think staying in the bar would look bad, and I've slept in my car for too long, traveling too long ("but how long?"). I would like to find somewhere to stay after a while." After that, Snake looks in the mirror, and thinks of something he hadn't before...
Tifaria 04-16-2004 12:35 PM
Angel cursed inwardly. The mousy brown girl was turning out to be trouble after all, distracting Snake from telling Angel what he knew. On top of that, she'd been too forward with Snake and he was beginning to suspect her. She noted his body language, the way he became tense, his jaw clenched. She knew she ought to have waited before hurling the questions at him, but her eagerness had gotten the better of her. She would have to save this situation fast, else risk losing any potential memories there may be.

She leaned forward a little, a smile masking the frustration she really felt.

"I belive I'm after the same thing as you," she said. "Memories, am I correct? You have some, or you must be searching for them, else you wouldn't be asking me what year it is." Angel tapped a newspaper that had been abandoned on the counter, emphasizing the year in bold print. She looked up at Snake, staring at his sunglasses where his eyes ought to be. "Maybe we can help each other, Snake Mercato." She smiled, this time a genuine one. "And if you must call me something, Angel will do just fine."
~ Roger Smith ~ 04-16-2004 12:50 PM
As I'll be editing it later with an actual RP post - it's been a l'il tough to get online the alst two days. Big Grin

I'll be right here.
snakemarcato13 04-16-2004 02:20 PM
"Angel," Snake said, "the only memories I want are my own that relate with the way I am, and I may have that figured out that memory. Why it relates to you, I don't know." Snake calms down, but he knows that is he removes his sunglasses again, he'll blow up again. At least, for the time being. Not noticing the paper, because he thinks they are just lies, Snake says, "Now, I need to know the year, a place to stay, and another drink. Bartender!"

While Snake waits, he says this about the memory he just figured out: "I appear to be 23, but I have noticed over time that I have had this appearance for years ("time. it's almost figured out."). I don't remember much before 5 years ago, but something stands out-- something from 43 years ago. As far as that is concerned, I remember a lab and being treated like a lab rat. I can't remember what was done, but I vaguely remember hearing something about cryogenics and me. I don't remember much else." Snake takes off his sunglasses, and says, "Are you happy now? Now that you have my memories, whatever they have to do with you. People should not be run off of their memories." And he puts his sunglasses back on.
Seraphim 04-16-2004 06:46 PM
The doors of the Speakeasy opened and shut with a loud clank. The busy patrons didn't notice, though, as a man dressed in yellow walked into the building, his shoes clicking on the floor. Beck shaped the edges of his amazing yellow 'fro with his hands as he sauntered over to where Angel was talking to the man with the sunglasses.

He sat down next to her and placed his hand on her shoulder.

"Yo!"
Gummibear 04-16-2004 07:38 PM
Emilia looked over "BECK!". Emilia almost jumped out of her seat. Of course she didn't say it aloud but she recognized him anywhere. The expession on her face said a thousand words. She hoped he wouldn't recognize her. "Ugh, that jerk." Emilia said to herself. Emilia didn't want to relive but she darted a cold stare at him as if she wasn't amused. She prayed Beck wouldn't know that she really was Emilia Townsend. But the last time she crossed paths with him was when she was fifteen and back then she was a blonde. "What does he have to do with that woman?" Emilia pondered to herself.
The Big Finale 04-16-2004 07:59 PM
"Feel free to go." the president of Paradigm said, waving an idle hand towards the doorway.

(Note: Everything that happens after this note takes place after Alan has left.)

Alex sighed in an almost childlike manner, rubbing his chin. The situation was less than good, he thought. The day of reckoning was near at hand, and still yet, Big Fau was not ready for him to command it, for him to slowly take hold of it's control sticks and rebuild the world as he was meant to do. There was but one explanantion:

The Union.

Those foreign scum had doubtlessly tampered with the megadeus, perhaps even going so far as to remove or destroy the core memory. He had very little doubt that Alan had in some way been involved in the planning of such a trick, but at the moment, the freakish man was needed for his plans to succeed. Still...

Alex stalked over once more to his desk, again reaching out to grasp his phone. A few twirls later, and the phone was ringing.

"Hello, general? Yes. No, there's no trouble, I'm not in danger. However, I do believe that the military police should be on high alert..."
snakemarcato13 04-16-2004 08:46 PM
Snake saw this man in yellow and already didn't like him. "he's arrogant and ignorant." he thought. Snake took off his glasses, knowing that he had not yet cooled off, and that was what he wanted. He made sure that the look on his face was of the utmost disgust, red eyes giving a nasty glare, and it seemed his scar was like glowing fire. Snake knew that this man worked with Angel, and now he regretted telling her his memories, though they had nothing to do with her, or anyone else.

Snake took a drink and looked at the man in yellow, turning to hide 'Isalai', who, obviously to him, didn't want to be seen by this man, "And you are?" Snake said with his red-eyes-burning glare.
Schwarzwald 04-16-2004 08:57 PM
There was a report from the office that Beck was seen outside the domes. In a particular bar that was known for commotion. There were even rumors of a certain mob. Suspected to be by run by two unknowns. Evan and/or Manji( Big Grin ). But this was not why I was sent there...

I needed to find out why Beck was there.

There was another strange character there as well. One person called in about a suspicious forgjin looking person. With red-eyes.

Someone with such a feature may have memories. And the Military Police are here to protect this city. To protect this city from these...memories.

I was almost there when I was notified about a call directly from the order of Alex Rosewater himself. Me being sent to aid the Military Police by Paradigm Co, this is important information. It said simply... to be on high alert. I wonder what was going to happen. It could possibly be this forginer. Someone from outside of the city is unnatural. And has only been suspected from time to time.

I was walking down the street... the same street towards the Speakeasy. People were staring at me. This often happens. It is not common for an android to be walking alone through the streets outside the domes. I guess... I must tolerate it. Although... I do feel a strange... feeling you could say... when they do that. It slightly bogs my systems. Hopefully in the bar I won't be as stared at. I must try to find a better way for cover in the future.
snakemarcato13 04-16-2004 09:19 PM
Snake isn't sure why these people are so concerned with his memories. After all they're his memories. He doesn't care. After he remembers the extent of his past, he won't did any further into the search for memories.

Snake looks at Angel, "Angel, (Snake takes a drink) tell me, why am I attracting so much attention other than my memories?"

Note: Snake doesn't have his sunglasses on, but this question is calmer than much else he's said without them on.
Seraphim 04-16-2004 09:32 PM
As Snake asks who he is, Beck sort of cranes his back and laughs.

"You'll find out soon enough!" he says as he stares at Snake.
snakemarcato13 04-16-2004 09:44 PM
"You arrogant, ignorant, rude fool. I was not asking you." This man in yellow has angered Snake, and, to make things worse, he had no intention of putting his sunglasses on in the presence of this man. "And I only ask for a name, nothing else. You do not impress me. You sicken me." Snake's red eyes now had more than a burning glare, they had a look long lost. A look of the mercenary of hell. He still had some cling to his calm side. First, he was still only speaking to this man. Second, he still kept 'Isalai' hidden from this man, because he remembered that she doesn't like him.
Seraphim 04-16-2004 09:53 PM
Beck turned away from Snake and ordered a drink. Once it had arrived, he turned back to him.

"You're a very angry man, you know that?"

He lifted the glass up to his lips and sipped from it slowly.
snakemarcato13 04-16-2004 09:59 PM
"And you are blind to reality. The fact that there is no bliss in this world, only pain. If it weren't for the fact that I'm desparate, I wouldn't waste my time asking you about Megaduce activity. But, like I said, I'm desparate. Tell me what you know, and Imight calm down. And those odds are better than your current odds."
Gummibear 04-16-2004 10:12 PM
Emilia was getting annoyed by Beck. She remembered back to when she was fifteen and Beck was seveteen, he was such a pompus jerk back then.Emilia pressed her hand against her forehead " Beck, you really haven't changed." She thought it was best to bury her emotions, she didn't want anyone to know who she really was, she never wanted to return home. See watched Snake and Beck's interaction.
snakemarcato13 04-16-2004 10:21 PM
Snake became fed up with the man in yellow, and he sits down with his back to this man. He talks to 'Isalai', "I know you don't want to see him, and you don't want him to see you. I'm doing my best to hide you from him." Ater that, Snake takes another drink.
Xel 04-16-2004 11:30 PM
His options, Alan mused as he drove on through the dismal streets, were decidedly limited given what would likely pass for recreation tonight. As much as his id screamed at him to cause some mayhem, the fact of the matter was that he still acted mostly under Rosewater's discretion. And killing people... admittedly wasn't keeping the lowest profile.

At the very least, he could have a little fun with mingling with the general public. He tended to evoke reactions in people by virtue of his presence alone, so all wasn't lost if he could get a little rush of adrenaline out of someone.

He found himself in what could easily be considered a hole in the wall by the standards Alex had gotten him used to. But that was more than all right... Surely these people-- so far removed from the inner circle of the domes as they were-- could not be perceptive enough of the world of high Paradigm politics to notice him lurking in the backgrounds of photographs. And even if they did, they wouldn't know enough to care. Virtual anonymity. He grinned to himself. How romantic.

So it was understandably quite a shock to see some all too familiar faces the moment he walked through the door. His smile faltered a little at the sight of Angel and Jason Beck, side by side, then reinforced itself two-fold.

"Well, isn't this a surprise?"

He chuckled a little in his throat, venturing to saunter a little closer. "Not just one canary here, but two!"
snakemarcato13 04-16-2004 11:40 PM
"Well that's a switch. Someone shows up not looking for me." Snake says, amused.