[Comment] Time, w/ Daylight Savings

Dude Love 04-05-2004 10:05 PM
I can't get the proper time on the boards. I've adjusted the time zone but it always either is an hour ahead or an hour behind what it should be. Anyone else notice this?

EDIT: Hmm...now it's working. That's strange.
Krang 04-05-2004 10:59 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Wienberg
I can't get the proper time on the boards. I've adjusted the time zone but it always either is an hour ahead or an hour behind what it should be. Anyone else notice this?

EDIT: Hmm...now it's working. That's strange.

That was actually an error with the server time, but our host fixed it.
Wingnut 04-15-2004 10:18 PM
Well they need to fix it again. I am under Eastern time and it has me as haveing central time.
What a P.I.T.A. over something so small, yet so signifigant.
BabyGhia 04-16-2004 12:21 AM
Same thing here... sort of. My time is set up correctly in my profile (Pacific) but the time shows up as an hour earlier.

I agree, not a huge deal, but slightly annoying.

BabyGhia
evanASF27 04-16-2004 12:23 AM
yah...the time here currently is 1:23am (give or take) and the time of this post is...Today, 12:23 AM

i have everything set up correctly (-5:00 GMT) for New York...but I think that it's the board or host or server or whatever (one of the 4) that's doing it.
Krang 04-16-2004 01:03 AM
Unfortunately, the forum software doesn't have an option for Daylight Savings Time, so you'll need to change the time zone in your profile since I don't have the access necessary to change the server time. Here are the time zones and the correct settings:

code:
1:
2:
3:
4:
5:
6:
Time Zone   Regular   DST
---------   -------   ---
Eastern:    GMT -5    GMT -4
Central:    GMT -6    GMT -5
Mountain:   GMT -7    GMT -6
Pacific:    GMT -8    GMT -7
DST might be an option in the next version of this forum software, but I'm not sure, so I'll have to double check.
BabyGhia 04-16-2004 01:15 AM
Doing it manually was my other choice. Oh well. Not a big deal.

Thanks Krang! Will change my profile instead.

BabyGhia
YoruameBaroness 05-06-2004 07:49 PM
Yeah, and my time settings on the board screwed over, everything's an hour ahead of my time now. Really throws me off.
Mike 05-06-2004 07:52 PM
quote:
Originally posted by YoruameBaroness
Yeah, and my time settings on the board screwed over, everything's an hour ahead of my time now. Really throws me off.

The board doesn't automatically adjust for the evil, evil Daylight savings time so you have to do it yourself.
Dude Love 05-06-2004 07:52 PM
quote:

Just go to Profile>Edit Options and change your Time Zone. Do the math so you have the right Forum Time.
Surtur 05-06-2004 07:53 PM
quote:

The exact same thing happened to me. I didn't realize until I checked what time someone posted, and it was an hour into the future. I adjusted it on Daylight Savings, but it changed today.
YoruameBaroness 05-07-2004 04:13 PM
I meant that I had already changed my time settings, and then one day I came to the board and everything was an hour ahead of my time. I don't understand how that could have happened.

Just another sign that the Central Time Zone sucks.
Pygmalion 05-07-2004 04:37 PM
quote:
I meant that I had already changed my time settings, and then one day I came to the board and everything was an hour ahead of my time. I don't understand how that could have happened.

The same thing happened to me. I had set my time to Mountain Time to simulate Pacific DST, then last week the system clock apparently woke up to the fact that it was DST, and I had to reset it to Pacific. A slight annoyance.

Pygmalion
evanASF27 05-07-2004 05:34 PM
yah when I had noticed that it said something like 6:02pm when it was really 5:00pm (my clock it a little slow) but since the TV Guide channel said it was 5:01pm I had to reset my accounts time.

Not a big deal...just a simple fix was needed Cool