[Other] The Big-Oh! RP — An Archive of Plans and Discussions

The Big Finale 04-03-2004 06:43 PM
Just like the topic says, this is (at least meant to be) an rp based on Big O. I honestly don't know what to say, except we need more role-plays in this place. I'll play Alex Rosewater.

As soon as some people join, this can start. I hope it comes out well!

Edit: This has now been transformed into the RPG's planning topic

Edit:

Current Cast List

Required to Start—

Roger Smith: stryker (Negotiator)
R. Dorothy Wayneright: pen1300 (Nightingale)

Others—

Norman Burg: The Fallen Phoenix (Butler)
Dan Dastun: P.D.Q. Beck (Officer)
Angel: Tifaria (Mystery)
Beck Gold: Tifaria (Criminal)
Michael Seebach: The Fallen Phoenix (Reporter)
Alex Rosewater: The Big Finale (President)
Alan Gabriel: Xel (Madman)
Big Ear: The Big Finale (Informant)
R. Frederick O'Reilly: pen1300 (Detective)
Vera Ronstadt: The Big Finale (Foreigner)
Amelia Seebach: pen1300 (Dominus)
Gordon Rosewater: The Big Finale and stryker (Farmer)
R-D: Xel (Murderer)

—other Big O characters not listed here can still be played, and will be listed as soon as someone takes them

Original Characters—

Snake Marcato: snakemarcato13 (Mercenary)
Emilia Townshend: Gummibear (Heiress)
Roland Bustems: Wazpy (Legend)
Julia Marcato: Rev VII (Saviour)
Derek Stryker: stryker (Spy)
Rampage: Darkside (Rogue)
b-money: Big Money (Businessman)
Lady Tesser 04-03-2004 07:29 PM
Well, Roxanne Smith ... er ...

Hmm. Me and my one-track mind. RP = Reciprocal Paradigm. Not 'role-playing'.

Gomen. Carry on.

(Do you have an idea for a storyline yet?)
The Big Finale 04-03-2004 07:43 PM
Not really. I hoped it'd just all come together when some more people joined. I guess I didn't think it out too well...
but, if you've got some ideas and you'd like to join, please, do.
Prons 04-03-2004 09:20 PM
I will be Axl Rose, from Guns N Roses, whats the RPG story?
Seraphim 04-03-2004 09:47 PM
I want to be Dorothy's core memory. (But not Dorothy herself.)
The Fallen Phoenix 04-03-2004 09:58 PM
I guess I'll take Schwarzwald, unless Schwarzwald (the member) wants to join. Then I wouldn't mind handing him over.

Any idea on how many members you're looking for? And we will need at least a general idea of where this roleplay will be going...maybe not right this second, but soon.

I'd give you ideas but my brain is focused on other things right now; all of my creative energies are drained. Embarrassed Sweatdrop
Trotsky 04-03-2004 10:07 PM
I'll be me, war prafater, and all around guy in the back who's quiet. i dont care who wins. but when i do stuff, it's cool. hehe

how about for a story line, it's loop number ?. every loop had some simluarity's. but wasent exatley the same. we have some designated evil type guy who's a rose watter. and they work with the GM to make situations that the people have to think their way out of.
Seraphim 04-03-2004 10:12 PM
quote:
Originally posted by The Fallen Phoenix
I guess I'll take Schwarzwald, unless Schwarzwald (the member) wants to join. Then I wouldn't mind handing him over.

Any idea on how many members you're looking for? And we will need at least a general idea of where this roleplay will be going...maybe not right this second, but soon.

I'd give you ideas but my brain is focused on other things right now; all of my creative energies are drained. Embarrassed Sweatdrop

Woohoo, focused on reopening the MFL? Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Anyway, I figure I'd be the subconsious of whoever plays Dorothy. You know, in order to influence their actions. Dorothy doesn't have to listen to me, though. Tongue

quote:
Originally posted by Trotsky
I'll be me, war prafater, and all around guy in the back who's quiet. i dont care who wins. but when i do stuff, it's cool. hehe

how about for a story line, it's loop number ?. every loop had some simluarity's. but wasent exatley the same. we have some designated evil type guy who's a rose watter. and they work with the GM to make situations that the people have to think their way out of.

Ahhh.. what's a GM?! Confused Confused Confused Red Face
Trotsky 04-03-2004 10:23 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Seraphim
quote:

GM means game master, for Inquisitor it's what you use.

the dude who push's the story along, a moderator. if you can it would be best to have an evil guy/moderator that way it's like he starts a diabolical plain and then it all converdges for every one to stop him.

if we do that i'll volentear to be Trotsky Rosewatter, and be the Evil one. the like's of witch will bogel your mind to try to get out of the situations you get into. MWA HAHAHAHA
Seraphim 04-03-2004 10:26 PM
quote:
quote:
quote:

the dude who push's the story along, a moderator. if you can it would be best to have an evil guy/moderator that way it's like he starts a diabolical plain and then it all converdges for every one to stop him.

if we do that i'll volentear to be Trotsky Rosewatter, and be the Evil one. the like's of witch will bogel your mind to try to get out of the situations you get into. MWA HAHAHAHA

Ah, ok. Like a Dungeon Master.

But for this RP, shouldn't it be a Director?
Trotsky 04-03-2004 10:31 PM
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Ah, ok. Like a Dungeon Master.

But for this RP, shouldn't it be a Director?

or you can just not overcomplacate the issue. if every one's coo, i'll do it. i have lots of plains, and i would use the people to do the difrent stuff. like a real mad man. not a huge jump for me is it?
The Big Finale 04-03-2004 10:31 PM
quote:
I will be Axl Rose, from Guns N Roses

Um, Prons? No.

That'd be a little hard and wouldn't really work, would it, Seraphim? If the person who played Dorothy decided they never wanted to listen to you, you'd be stuck making completely useless posts.

FP: Enough people to cover the central cast:

Roger
Dorothy
Norman
Angel
Dastun
Beck
Alex
Alan
Schwarzwald

-also, any lesser or less important characters that people want to play,
but it can start when we have a Roger and Dorothy. As for the story direction, I've thought about it for a little while. The setting is kind of ambiguous at the moment, but since Alan is open, it's definitely Season 2. As for the storyline, I've still not got an idea (still hoping Lady Tesser can help out with that), but if we possibly had any good storytellers who joined as original villains, that'd be great too.

Seraphim, you stole my line... -_-
Seraphim 04-03-2004 10:34 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Big Finale
quote:
I will be Axl Rose, from Guns N Roses

Um, Prons? No.

That'd be a little hard and wouldn't really work, would it, Seraphim? If the person who played Dorothy decided they never wanted to listen to you, you'd be stuck making completely useless posts.

FP: Enough people to cover the central cast:

Roger
Dorothy
Norman
Angel
Dastun
Beck
Alex
Alan
Schwarzwald

-also, any lesser or less important characters that people want to play,
but it can start when we have a Roger and Dorothy. As for the story direction, I've thought about it for a little while. The setting is kind of ambiguous at the moment, but since Alan is open, it's definitely Season 2. As for the storyline, I've still not got an idea (still hoping Lady Tesser can help out with that), but if we possibly had any good storytellers who joined as original villains, that'd be great too.

Ah, alright, I call Alan Gabriel. Big Grin
Trotsky 04-03-2004 10:37 PM
uhh why dos it have to be the same? why cant it be difrent? i like the alternet loop idea, lady tesser can be the female rog, we have no dorothy so that the world actuley loops, and axle rose is her mis mached house mate. why cant we do that? why must it be the same? with the same actor's of this crazy world. why??!!!
The Fallen Phoenix 04-03-2004 10:39 PM
quote:
2. As for the storyline, I've still not got an idea (still hoping Lady Tesser can help out with that), but if we possibly had any good storytellers who joined as original villains, that'd be great too.

Oh, we could join as an original villain? Interesting...if anyone wants to be Schwarzwald, then, I wouldn't mind taking up the role of an original villain. If no one wants Schwarzwald, though, I'll stick with him and drop my offer.

I love playing as villains, but I'm not too fond of any of Big O's villains. I consider Schwarzwald to be more of an anti-hero than a villain, but he's the best of the big four (Rosewater, Vera, Alan, and Schwarzwald).
The Big Finale 04-03-2004 10:53 PM
quote:
Originally posted by The Fallen Phoenix
Oh, we could join as an original villain? Interesting...if anyone wants to be Schwarzwald, then, I wouldn't mind taking up the role of an original villain.

I knew I forgot something in my first post... Okay, clarification time:
Original characters are perfectly acceptable. But the original characters should definitely not be the focus here (excepting, of course, original villains, who will be an equal level with the canon villains.)

Edit again: Multiple characters are also okay, but it'd be preferable if we tried to steer away from having one person play a lot of canon characters.
Xel 04-03-2004 11:51 PM
*gasp!* The RPG! Finally! Laughing Laughing Laughing <--- jubilation

quote:
Ah, alright, I call Alan Gabriel. Big Grin

*sag*

Um, so... well, I don't know of any canon characters that I consider myself qualified to play... maybe Vera? Don't set that in stone or anything yet. Maybe I'll just pull out an original... I'll get back to you...

*wanders off...*
Prons 04-03-2004 11:57 PM
Sure I can be Axel Rose, its not like GnR have released any Albums lately has it? So maybe in his free time from doing drugs and buying hookers Axel becomes a pilot\co-pilot of some large sized robot. How about it? Can I be Axel? Smile
The Big Finale 04-04-2004 12:02 AM
I'm going to quote myself here.

quote:
Um, Prons? No.

We're going for reasonably serious.
Xel, don't get discouraged so quickly. Maybe Seraphim will be willing to concede Alan to you. If not, my deepest apologies, but I still hope you'll participate.
Xel 04-04-2004 12:09 AM
quote:
I'm going to quote myself here.

quote:
Um, Prons? No.

We're going for reasonably serious.

The thought makes me giggle a lot, though. XD

quote:
Xel, don't get discouraged so quickly. Maybe Seraphim will be willing to concede Alan to you. If not, my deepest apologies, but I still hope you'll participate.

... Seeeeraphiiiim...? *huge watery kitty eyes* Crying

I'm considering my options, here. Though I feel so very... out of my element. Frown [/wanky RPer language]

*watches and waits*