[Other] The Big-Oh! RP — An Archive of Plans and Discussions

Big Money 04-19-2004 08:03 PM
It sure is getting crowded in the speakeasy Big Grin ...
pen1300 04-19-2004 09:01 PM
I would like to say you guys are doing a good job! I really can't wait to see where this goes.

I just wanted to let you know that if there any posts you guys think should get cut or someone posts that you don't want posting in the thread, or any cleaning up, I'm perfectly willing to help you people out.

Just wanted to let you know if you need help with that, PM Big Finale first (since its his idea and he started the thread) then he can PM me with what you want to go. OK?

Keep up the good work guys! I can't wait to see where this goes!

Later,
Pen1300
~ Roger Smith ~ 04-20-2004 10:48 AM
I've been a moron and only made about 4 medium posts...whilst everyone else has gotten quite a good thing going. ^^;

I sure hope that I can manage to maintain my OWN Hi-RP standards of years gone by. Big Grin
Texan Otaku 04-20-2004 11:34 AM
Hey Im sorry but has anyone taken Datsun yet?

I coudl do that, I love RPG's. I have done two forum RPGs in the past; Attrition and...crud I forget the name of the other one. Anyway, I would like to play so let me know if there are any characters that need filling.
The Big Finale 04-20-2004 11:59 AM
Sure, that sounds good. The more, the merrier.

(By the way, it's 'Dastun')
Texan Otaku 04-20-2004 12:10 PM
oops. my bad

FORGIVE ME FOLLOWERS OF THE BIG O FOR MY BLASPHEMY!!!
Big Money 04-30-2004 09:36 PM
Ummm... Yeah. FP and/or Schwarzwald... Do you folks care how I answer FP's question? Did you have something in mind? Or should I just make something up... I'll probably end up making something up, but giving you a chance to answer...
The Fallen Phoenix 04-30-2004 10:03 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Big Money
Ummm... Yeah. FP and/or Schwarzwald... Do you folks care how I answer FP's question? Did you have something in mind? Or should I just make something up... I'll probably end up making something up, but giving you a chance to answer...

No, I intentionally left it open-ended so you could continue the storyline as you wish. It's a lot more interesting when multiple people start getting involved, because it gives a pleasant level of surprise to the RP...it allows the story to evolve in many different ways.

If it were just me and Schwarzwald dictating the story, well, it'd be no better than an interactive fanfiction, when it should really be more than that...it should be each individual character's actions which shape the story, rather than the story shaping each individual character.

So, in short, take it as far as you want. Big Grin
pen1300 05-03-2004 07:11 PM
Hm...since you guys seemed to have created Seebach's/Schwartzy's wife, I was curious, if I could jump in to play her? I am semi-interested in playing in this RPG. (I'm interested in all of themRoll Eyes ). I just thought I'd ask here to see if you people cared. Big Grin

Later,
Pen1300
Schwarzwald 05-03-2004 07:43 PM
I wouldn't mind. Chances are she is going to become an important character. Freddy is going to leave her out anyway after the meeting...

Go right ahead! Big Grin Probably make a good connection to Seebach... or... I should say WILL... but either way...
The Fallen Phoenix 05-03-2004 07:57 PM
quote:
Originally posted by pen1300
Hm...since you guys seemed to have created Seebach's/Schwartzy's wife, I was curious, if I could jump in to play her? I am semi-interested in playing in this RPG. (I'm interested in all of themRoll Eyes ). I just thought I'd ask here to see if you people cared. Big Grin

Later,
Pen1300

Yes! Please do! Big Grin I was going to ask someone if they'd like to play Mrs. Seebach, and I can think of few others I'd rather play her than you, Pen.

---
I'm not sure when I'm going to get to post again...definitely not until Wednsday the earliest, but since this is such a busy week I doubt I'll really have time until the weekend.

Is it just me, or are we still missing a Norman?
pen1300 05-03-2004 08:00 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Xineohp Nellaf Eht
quote:
Originally posted by pen1300

Later,
Pen1300

Yes! Please do! Big Grin I was going to ask someone if they'd like to play Mrs. Seebach, and I can think of few others I'd rather play her than you, Pen.

---
I'm not sure when I'm going to get to post again...definitely not until Wednsday the earliest, but since this is such a busy week I doubt I'll really have time until the weekend.

Is it just me, or are we still missing a Norman?

YAY! I'm now Mrs. Seebach! (I'm going to have to read over the RPG againTongue ) I migh tnot be able to post tonight and tomorrow doesn't look all that good either...but I will try to post soon! (Oh, I guess I should come up with a character outline thingy, huh?)

As to Norman...I think we're still missing him....

Later,
Pen1300
Schwarzwald 05-03-2004 08:15 PM
Haha. No one likes Norman.

No one is probably going to play Norman without something crazy in mind.

Plus Norman has hardly been in the script anyway...

Of course if this RPG dies I won't mind ending it with him being Big Venus...
The Fallen Phoenix 05-03-2004 08:36 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Schwarzwald
Haha. No one likes Norman.

No one is probably going to play Norman without something crazy in mind.

Kind of like the old Big O RPG, eh? That was probably one of the more interesting storylines I've ever come up with...personally, I like playing (and writing) about the underdeveloped characters because there is so much more you can do with them...while still staying within character.

It can be a challenge stretching a character's limits, but I think it's quite rewarding when done right...

I don't know, I think we should have a Norman...it just doesn't feel the same without him...

---
Note to Big Finale: By your last pos in the RPG, it appears you've taken on Vera's role as well. It might be best to make note of that in this thread's first post (with the character list).
The Big Finale 05-03-2004 09:46 PM
Of course. I took her on because I thought it'd be interesting playing two characters with completely different goals at once. I've got some twists down the road for both of them too.

Also, thanks for joining, Pen! I also got the feeling that Ms. Seebach is going to be a really involved character.

XN, so Schwarzwald is back to being plain ol' Seebach? Should I change Schwarzwald to Seebach in the cast list, then, or is he going to revert back to Bandage Boy after awhile? (Unless that's a secret, of course.)

Yes, we do need a Norman. I'm debating asking X Prime whether he'd like the role. Does anybody else have an idea as to whom could play him?

I need to get Seraphim/Beck more involved, and he's said that the reason he hasn't been participating is that Tifaria/Angel never really acknowledged him. If anyone could help out with that, it's be great. I like the idea of Angel and Beck working together to find memories.
snakemarcato13 05-10-2004 07:48 AM
(OOC: Is someone playing Dorothy? I can't do anything unless she does.)
The Big Finale 05-10-2004 09:43 AM
(OOC: Someone was playing Dorothy, Giovannistruelove, but due to lack of participation, I think that role needs to be taken away. Now we need a Dorothy.)
snakemarcato13 05-10-2004 12:28 PM
OOC: I know. It seems that Roger and I can do nothing without a Dorothy, unless he just gives the message from the phone himself playing as Dorothy. Oh, sorry, Tifiara. But we may be back soon...
pen1300 05-10-2004 09:01 PM
Hey guys,

I did move some of your posts here and you will also notice I made them important...though I see them and get mixed up on which is which. Tongue lol.

I was thinking for now I would take up Dorothy in addition to Emelia Seebach, if you want me too. I won't post tonight, but I thought I'd throw in that I was somewhat interested in playing her, at least until someone who really wants to play her jumps in. (or I can just play her period.) I know some want to move the story along, so I offer.

Let me know what you think!

Later,
Pen1300
The Big Finale 05-10-2004 10:00 PM
Alex: FOOLS! COMPREHEND THE ONE TRUTH! THAT PEN1300 IS TEH L33T3$T ROLE-PLAYER EV@R!!

Okay, maybe that was a little out of character, but still. I really love the way you're playing Emelia. You're throwing a lot of stuff my way too, and I'm starting to get into the swing of things. So, thanks.

As for the Dorothy part, I don't see why that wouldn't be acceptable.

I think it's time somebody took Beck away from from Seraphim; just can't get no participation. As an addition, the idea of Angel and Beck working together to find true memories is just too cool to be allowed to die.

Still needing a Norman desperately. We'll get one soon enough, I guess.