Originally posted by Big Finale
I'm going to quote myself here.

quote:
Um, Prons? No.

We're going for reasonably serious.

The thought makes me giggle a lot, though. XD

quote:
Xel, don't get discouraged so quickly. Maybe Seraphim will be willing to concede Alan to you. If not, my deepest apologies, but I still hope you'll participate.

... Seeeeraphiiiim...? *huge watery kitty eyes* Crying

I'm considering my options, here. Though I feel so very... out of my element. Frown [/wanky RPer language]

*watches and waits*

Yeah, sure, I'll concede Alan in favor of playing Beck. Big Grin Big Grin
Christina Perry 04-04-2004 07:17 AM
I'll be R. Dorothy Waynewright. I look like Dorothy, my mom told me that.
Xel 04-04-2004 02:15 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Seraphim
Yeah, sure, I'll concede Alan in favor of playing Beck. Big Grin Big Grin

Oooooouuu.... *bites thumb* ;___; Thank you soooo much! Crying *prostrates self*

NOW. Evil Evil Evil *dons her lucky fedora* Let's get this party started. *psychotic gleam*
The Big Finale 04-04-2004 06:36 PM
Okay, we have a Dorothy, thanks to Giovannistruelove. All that's needed now is a Roger. (Obviously, the reason we can't start without a Roger is because he's the star here.)

FP, if we can get someone who's very good (i.e., better than me, which shouldn't be too hard) at roleplaying Alex, then I'll take Schwarzwald and that'll free you up for your original villain. But if no one wants Alex, I'm sticking with him, because I've got a few, if sketchy, ideas of what to have him do.
~ Roger Smith ~ 04-05-2004 10:07 AM
I feel confident enough to take on the role...

I'll keep an eye on the topic - just waiting for it to officially start. Cool
snakemarcato13 04-07-2004 01:58 PM
sorry, wasn't aware that i had to go here first. i want to play as Snake Marcato, me. His basic storyline was already posted at the RP thread.
Tifaria 04-07-2004 02:05 PM
Ooh, I haven't done an RP in a very long time, so I might not be as good at this as the rest of you, but... How active does one need to be in order to participate? I'll have more free time come end of the semester in about a month, but until then I'd only be able to squeeze in here or there. If that's not an issue, though, I would love to play Angel if she's still free. Smile )
snakemarcato13 04-07-2004 02:08 PM
i have a similar problem, but that doesn't stop me. most of my posting is at school.

(I hope it's alright that I want to play as myself. I can then be myself, and that's best for me.)
Xel 04-12-2004 02:20 PM
Come on, guys... let's not let this thing die.

Just throw out ideas, you know? I believe I heard something about Paradigm's shady aspirations? But what shall they be?

BF, I'm still thinking that Alan could assume the role of assassin, should Alex want one. And I'll try to work his pimp car into it any way I can. >D

We still need a Norman! Not to mention Dastun and Vera. C'mon, everybody!
kevlee 04-12-2004 04:29 PM
i guess if no-one else wants 2 be norman i will hes not that bad ppl!
Big Money 04-12-2004 05:16 PM
Oooh! I want to be Big Ear! Trotsky could feed me info... And maybe missing Roger could be a plot element... like, don't nobody know where he is, and Dorothy is looking... or something... yeah...
The Big Finale 04-13-2004 11:05 AM
PMs are being sent out at the moment (or soon, whichever comes first) to all the people who haven't posted in the rp yet that I haven't PMed already.

Continuing on with the storyline, I think this should (kind of) center around Alex wanting to shove Roger out of the spotlight, but defintely trying to steer away from the whole "end of season two" angle. Maybe even keeping away from having Big Fau being used in it at all.
Gummibear 04-13-2004 11:57 AM
^^ oooo an RP!
I wanna do an original character. Cause I think it might be interesting to see the story for a spectators view. Also I may not be able to update as often as I like so I enjoy doing a more minor character.

Name:Emilia Townshend
Sex: Female
Birthdate: May 13
Sign: Taurus
Hair: (blonde, to her shoulders) dyed brown, short and shaggy.
eyes: brown
Height: 5'3
Weight: 128lbs
Bio: Emilia Townshend used to be one of the daugthers of a wealthy upperclass family. Her parents gave her everything in exchange that she take a postition working for Alex Rosewater to ensure her family's postition in society. Emilia was brash and headstrong. She ran away and changed her name to a more "artistic" one . She also changed her look drastically. she now works in the Speakeasy as a barmaid escaping her family who are in hot pursuit of her.
Heres a concept picture, I got this from google but this is the basic look of my character. Just to help you visualize.
Hanyou 04-13-2004 02:05 PM
I'm actually working on a character for another RP too...this one looks simpler so maybe it'll help me gain my balance and get used to the idea of RPs. Looks like fun.

I'll use GummiBear's character description format. It's pretty detailed.

Oh yeah, and if there are any inaccuracies in my bio, be sure to help correct them for me (PM me if necessary). I don't proclaim to have all details on the Big O straight, and there's bound to be some mistake. I'll give it a couple of days before I enter. Anyway, I cooked up this character in five minutes.

Name: Nathaniel Lancaster
Sex: Male
Birthdate: December 21
Hair: Just a rich-guy comb-over. Brown hair.
Eyes: blue.
Outfit: Felt hat with brim, tie with formal vest under trenchcoat.
Weight: 190 lb.
Bio: Growing up outside the domes, Nathan knew what it was like to get into a fight. He was actually involved in several fights and had more than a few run-ins with the military police. He was always interested in the events of the city, however, and soon gained a love of learning. With no schooling and plenty of time on his hands, Nathan effectively educated himself. He applied for a job with the Paradigm Press at age 21, and soon came to idolize the figure of Michael Seebach. Both parents died shortly after he got the job, but they mattered little since they had played almost no role in his upbringing. He still lives outside the domes, but Rosewater has actually gained some respect for him. Learning more about Paradigm city, however, Nathan has come to despise those who are more privileged. Once he was personally approached by Rosewater and offered a place to live within the domes. He declined. He is, however, fully aware that the Paradigm Press is controlled by forces greater than he, and the news he is forced to report is not always accurate. In his spare time he has come to work as a sort of unpaid private investigator. Using his knowlege, he hopes to help overthrow Alex Rosewater; however, he still has some loyalty to Seebach. If Schwartzwald really is Seebach, Nathan certainly hopes to meet him.
R Smith 04-14-2004 07:16 AM
Something has gone seriously wrong on the ~ Roger Smith ~ handle - I've had to use the 'change' the password feature TWICE, and it STILL won't let me in. Mad

This is my backup handle - but I'm still in the RPG. ^^
Schwarzwald 04-14-2004 05:02 PM
Haha. Agian I miss the first cut at schwarzwald.

Heh. Doesn't matter that much. *thinks* Well hopefully this rpg won't turn out like the ones after the first...

*plays Piano*

Who was he? The robot inspector.

R. Frederick "Freddy" O'Reilly*

He really needs to real profile does he? Assinged to a certain case... and will tie in eventually.

I'll just call him that until I can figure out... or someone notifys me of his name.

Heh. And don't worry... my rpg posts won't be like my first ones... not like... a stage play or anything.

*nods head* I be him.

R Smith?

Heh. Hopefullly people won't mistake you with the one of the blinking roger avatar that has made him oh so popular...

((I can't beleive I asked him for a blinking laura avatar... I really didn't realize it until a day later...LAURA...))
The Big Finale 04-15-2004 11:57 AM
His full name is R. Frederick "Freddy" O'Reilly. By the way, did you read all the posts? Fallen Phoenix said that is someone else wanted Schwarzwald they could have him and he'd make up an original villian?
Schwarzwald 04-15-2004 02:41 PM
quote:
His full name is R. Frederick "Freddy" O'Reilly. By the way, did you read all the posts? Fallen Phoenix said that is someone else wanted Schwarzwald they could have him and he'd make up an original villian?

Yeah I read that but it doesn't matter that much. Heh. Plus I bet he could do a better job than I looking at the First Big O rpg... he really explotited Norman's unspecificness to his character...

hopefully that made sense.

Thanks for clearing the name otherwise.
The Big Finale 04-19-2004 06:57 PM
Okay, I just wanted to bump this up to ask what everybody thinks of how this is going so far, and if you've got any suggestions or ideas.

I also wanted to thank everyone who decided to participate. I really appreciate it.
The Fallen Phoenix 04-19-2004 07:00 PM
I know I haven't posted yet, but rest assured I haven't forgotten about it...I'm waiting for the appropriate time to introduce Schwarzwald.

Which should be quite soon, by the way. Big Grin