fandubs

Silv3rKnigh1 04-02-2004 12:15 PM
lol has anyone ever seen an anime in a fan dub?
now that is some bad dubbing. Makes Knights of teh Zodiac sound proffesional Tongue
Pygmalion 04-02-2004 01:46 PM
quote:
Originally posted by knight123
lol has anyone ever seen an anime in a fan dub?
now that is some bad dubbing. Makes Knights of teh Zodiac sound proffesional Tongue

I've seen some excellent fan-dubbed parodies, such as the Pine Salad Production dubs of Dirty Pair and Macross. I haven't seen any serious fan dubs, however.

Pygmalion
BigPrime 04-02-2004 02:43 PM
Transformers fans usually make good fandubs of the Japanese series (though really its hard to get worse than the existing "professional" dubs of them, so take that as you will). I've seen the dub of the episode "Scrambe City", which never aired in the States (it was intended as a Japan-only thing). Good voice-acting all around, especially considering it was done on a volunteer basis in the spare time of people around the world.

I've also heard good things about the Headmasters fandub (only seen part of the first episode due to errors in the file though and the other episodes have yet to be dubbed), as well as the Beast Wars Neo fandub project (which I've never seen at all).
Ano Hito 04-03-2004 08:39 PM
I saw a really good YYH fandub awhile back. Too bad I can't remember where. They had all of the actors imitate the Japanese ones except for, oddly enough, Koenma, who was played by a guy. (For instance, Kurama was played by a woman or a girl or something. It sounded pretty good.)
Tickle Tickle 04-03-2004 10:29 PM
I'm not big on fandubs.

However, I hate one dub group, Negavision. They hate the Japanese version of Sailor Moon, yet love the bastardized DIC version. They hate all the Japanese music, which was great. It had jazz, techo (Stars), etc. While DIC's music was all crappy.

I REALLY, REALLY hate these people. Also, there is a review on the site as well. 'Zoisite' reviews fandubs, and shockly enough 'Zoi' gives the best reviews to THEIR OWN FANDUBS. And other fandubs that use the Japanese music, and try to be as close to the oringal as possible are given lower grades.
Ai Takahashi 04-08-2004 01:24 AM
I have yet to see Evangelion: ReDeath...I totally want to see that. Crying
Patsai 04-27-2004 10:44 PM
Most of us have seen our share of fansubs, but has anyone here ever seen a fandub? I myself haven't, but I know by many people that they do exist and there are some lurking around the net (though it's best not to tell where). Has anyone seen them before?
Asirt 04-16-2006 10:34 AM
I've started to look into the whole "fandub" deal. Youtube is one place to see some of the fandubs out there. I found two scenes for AIR TV there (and four scenes in German, I believe), and also some parodies from series such as Wolf's Rain and Yu Yu Hakusho, to name a few. It may not be as well done as a professional dub, but it's still fun stuff.