[Suggestion] RPG Section

NukuNuko77 03-28-2004 04:53 PM
how about a section for us to make play-by-post RPGs?
Dude Love 03-28-2004 05:14 PM
First, here's a place to consult:
http://www.paradigm-city.com/forums/thre...readid=741&sid=

Secondly, there aren't really RPGs going on right now that would warrant a whole board or sub-board. Arguably, however, having a separate board would encourage RPG creation.
evanASF27 03-28-2004 08:12 PM
but remember that can back fire...
just look at how the MFL turned out. At first the posts and attitudes were like those in an rpg. You were someone and you had a megadeus...YEAH!

But then people decided to just make it a game like "Battleship" or something that didn't mean sh*t....:-/

So you gotta be careful of what RPG you make. The speakeasy RPG is a good example. Too many fights so I blew it up Roll Eyes But don't worry. we're gonna have a big war and then rebuild the ruins up into a new Speakeasy which will now be the equivalent to an RPG "Neo-Speakeasy"... Cool SEE! I can think ahead Big Grin Then more people will be able to join and play once our war is over (...that'll be a few more weeks though at this rate...)
Seraphim 03-29-2004 06:03 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Wienberg
First, here's a place to consult:
http://www.paradigm-city.com/forums/thre...readid=741&sid=

Secondly, there aren't really RPGs going on right now that would warrant a whole board or sub-board. Arguably, however, having a separate board would encourage RPG creation.

I think it might be a good idea. Having a subforum will encourage RPG usage.
NukuNuko77 03-29-2004 12:15 PM
i think MFL was more of a battle by post thing, i meant let members make their own RPGs in the form of threads.
Kat 03-29-2004 01:42 PM
I, for one, am all for roleplaying, though I have never tried a Big O roleplay. I RP at Neopets.com, and I think a Roleplay sub-forum would be a good idea for Paradigm City. ^_^
evanASF27 03-29-2004 06:05 PM
quote:
Originally posted by NukuNuko77
i think MFL was more of a battle by post thing, i meant let members make their own RPGs in the form of threads.

It was, at first and for a while, a roleplay. You were a character (ex. I was Zenigata, BigFau -> Rosewater, The Big Omega->Meggido, etc) but insted of developing only one story and one plot you could do multiple ones, so that when the battle was over, the whole game was over, you moved on to the next battle. It was very fun seeing all the comic situations we got into Big Grin and that 'plot arc' with Big Venus+Meggido was awesome for those who were in it.

It's more than just a game...it was a cool story with roles and plots...but people got the wrong idea after a while and thought of it as nothin more than a game. :-/ Senseless and irrevelant arguements, stupid ways of cheating, trying to "reorganize" what was already an ok way of doing things for it's original purpose...it took away from the fun which people said was going to get better after these changes (which you see it didn't).

...but this isn't a thread for me to reminise about the gone days of the true MFL (much like the days of old at the Original Speakeasy). Sorry folks...I'm just really angry still that people didn't know what a great thing they had, and they ruined it by "making a few changes which we thought were necessary".
NukuNuko77 03-30-2004 02:33 PM
yeah i think it will cause a lot of madness around here
The Big Finale 03-30-2004 07:55 PM
quote:
Having a subforum will encourage RPG usage.

Wouldn't having more RPGs encourage creation of a subforum?
Dude Love 03-30-2004 09:21 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Big Finale
quote:

It really is a vicious cycle. There are few RPGs because few people think to organize them, and would if it were clearly spelled out that they were encouraged (ie. via a sub-forum) and there is no RPG sub-forum because few people set up RPGs (partially because of aforementioned reason).
The Big Finale 03-31-2004 12:16 PM
Then why not add that the Nightengale Club is acceptable for posting roleplays in it's description? Nowhere in the MB is listed as an acceptable place to RP, and I know that'd deter me from starting one.

That'd create a psuedo-RP section, and if people started making more and more, then a new sub-forum could be created.
pen1300 03-31-2004 02:52 PM
quote:
Then why not add that the Nightengale Club is acceptable for posting roleplays in it's description? Nowhere in the MB is listed as an acceptable place to RP, and I know that'd deter me from starting one.

That'd create a psuedo-RP section, and if people started making more and more, then a new sub-forum could be created.

Actually, the Nightengale has a handful of RPGs (do a search), and I love how this thread comes out after I took down my other thread about whether or not it was worth having an RPG forum.

None the less, RPGs are allowed in the Nightengale. That was discussed before, just be careful about what's in the post and how short it is. I don't mind as long as the post is five sentences or more. I have a few set rules but most of the time, the people who were RPing wrote LONG posts. Big Grin

If you want to start one, go ahead! (We had a GIANT Big O one, but a few main people left and it died..sort of.)

Later,
Pen1300
Krang 04-01-2004 10:56 PM
quote:

Thanks for the suggestion, I updated the description.
Bentar 04-01-2004 11:25 PM
(sees Krang's avatar) Yes! A bit off topic, but nice 'stache and goatee Krang! Big Grin
evanASF27 04-01-2004 11:46 PM
quote:
(sees Krang's avatar) Yes! A bit off topic, but nice 'stache and goatee Krang!

zenigata looks better with the evil mustache Tongue
...hmm...lupin maybe?
Bentar 04-01-2004 11:56 PM
quote:
Originally posted by evanASF27
zenigata looks better with the evil mustache Tongue
...hmm...lupin maybe?

They are nice 'staches too, evanASF27 Smile

[EDIT] I hereby officially return this thread back to its origional topic, already in progress....
Seraphim 04-03-2004 10:29 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Wienberg
quote:
quote:

It really is a vicious cycle. There are few RPGs because few people think to organize them, and would if it were clearly spelled out that they were encouraged (ie. via a sub-forum) and there is no RPG sub-forum because few people set up RPGs (partially because of aforementioned reason).

Well, you'd break the cycle by putting in an RPG subforum. I guarantee you that RPG creation would soar. Hell, even I would create an RPG if that happened.

And I do think this forum could use a few RPGs.
evanASF27 04-03-2004 05:41 PM
RPGs about what.................hm?

Really. If people wanted to make RPGs they do it dude. We ain;t gonna stop them. if we get like 10 RPGs going I think we ccan have a section to itself.
Seraphim 04-03-2004 06:27 PM
quote:
Originally posted by evanASF27
RPGs about what.................hm?

Really. If people wanted to make RPGs they do it dude. We ain;t gonna stop them. if we get like 10 RPGs going I think we ccan have a section to itself.

Oh, I suppose. I drew up an InuYasha Fighting RPG a while ago with rules based loosely off of the MFL rules (You know, the same kind of stats, like Melee/Ranged/Armor/Speed/Agility and the same 10/10 stat system).

But where would you post an RPG right now?
evanASF27 04-03-2004 06:33 PM
...it the fanworks section where all the other RPGs are....

...I mean that's a no brainer. The only RPG this board has that isn't in that section is the SpeakeasyRPG.