Screen Capture/Manga Image Requests

YoruameBaroness 03-29-2004 09:59 PM
Okay, I think I'm starting to get greedy so I'm going to try to make this the last time I request any screencaps. I don't want anyone to think I'm taking advantage of them or anything.

Anyway, Act 7, next to Act 20, has some of my favorite scenes (and not to mention Roger is cute in casual) so, if it's not too much trouble, I have five screencap requests:

-the closeup of Roger's face as he's running after Angel, who is in the submarine
- the closeup of Roger leaning on his elbow looking out the window while talking to Angel (they're underwater)
-Roger straightening his coat in the mirror
-Roger when he jumped in the air to jump in "Angel's" submarine (full body shot)
-and closeup of Roger and Dorothy in Big O glaring down at Angel, after the fight

Okay, that's it. No more requests for me.

Thanks very much! I do really appreciate it.

*Himmler ties Baroness up and has Einsatzgruppen stand across from her*
Himmler: If you make any more requests we will open fire! It's not nice to be greedy!
Baroness: But . ..
Himmler: READY! AIM!
*Einsatzgruppen aim at Baroness*
Baroness: O_O Eep. . .

. . .well yeah, that would keep me from making any more requests . . .
robwazhere 03-29-2004 11:12 PM
quote:
Originally posted by YoruameBaroness
*Himmler ties Baroness up and has Einsatzgruppen stand across from her*
Himmler: If you make any more requests we will open fire! It's not nice to be greedy!
Baroness: But . ..
Himmler: READY! AIM!
*Einsatzgruppen aim at Baroness*
Baroness: O_O Eep. . .

. . .well yeah, that would keep me from making any more requests . . .

LMAO!!!!

Hey Dork, great pics! Thanks for the Duo pics. But to be honest, I was wanting Duo Inferno...Embarrassed Sweatdrop

So, uh, hehe could I get some of the other flying fella? Sorry, I shoulda been more specific! But the pics you posted are the perfect way that I needed, a good shot of the upper body so that I can have a basis for the design of one I am trying to draw.

Thanks Dork! your awesome Smile )

~Rob
Zaster 03-29-2004 11:30 PM
quote:
-and closeup of Roger and Dorothy in Big O glaring down at Angel, after the fight

Roger unleashes the devestating power of his icy stare.

Zaster 03-29-2004 11:44 PM
quote:
-the closeup of Roger's face as he's running after Angel, who is in the submarine

Dork 03-29-2004 11:45 PM
Casual Roger, . . he looks like Joey ^_^

"How *you* doin'?"
"You're such a louse Roger Tribiani"
Dork 03-29-2004 11:46 PM
With his coat. . .

What are you taking your caps with, Zaster?
Dork 03-29-2004 11:47 PM
I didn't even know why I took this one at the time. I was thinking superman. . .
Zaster 03-29-2004 11:54 PM
quote:
-Roger when he jumped in the air to jump in "Angel's" submarine (full body shot)

Action Roger, now with fully opposable limbs:

Zaster 03-29-2004 11:57 PM
quote:
What are you taking your caps with, Zaster?

Hey, Dork... great caps!
I'm using PowerDVD.
Dork 03-30-2004 01:00 AM
Okay, so are you also using some sort of editting software? Can you see what quality the caps are being taken at?

I use horrid WinDVD 4. It only takes caps in bitmap; large, ugly bitmap.
Zaster 03-30-2004 05:45 AM
quote:
Okay, so are you also using some sort of editting software? Can you see what quality the caps are being taken at?

Not really; it's a pretty dumbed down process. Basically I hit a button in PowerDVD to capture to the clipboard, then I drop it into Paint Shop Pro 8 (automatically comes up as a PSP file). At that point it looks the same as it did during the capture, but is still limited by the DVD quality. Sometimes the image benefits from a sharpening filter or could use some cropping. Then I export as a JPG.

Honestly I think your caps look better than mine so whatever you're doing, stick with it!
AndroidZeroX 03-30-2004 07:49 AM
How do u get all of the episodes on ur computer. I kind of understand the whole PowerDVD thing, but you arent using a DVD, because they havent come out yet. I'm too confused. I need a Big Venus pic. I appreciate it. Thanks
Wingnut 03-30-2004 09:04 AM
That's classified and requires special equipment anyway. Check earlier in the thread for some Big Venus pics.
Dork 03-30-2004 11:49 AM
quote:
Originally posted by DOA SOBF
How do u get all of the episodes on ur computer. I kind of understand the whole PowerDVD thing, but you arent using a DVD, because they havent come out yet. I'm too confused. I need a Big Venus pic. I appreciate it. Thanks

I have a DVD recorder so even though the dvds haven't come out yet for the last 6 episodes I still have them on a reletively OK quality DVD+RW. What I really love about having the eps on DVD+RW is that I can rewind the scenes that I like as much as I want without degrading the quality. If I'd recorded 'The Third Big' on VHS the scene where Roger comes to rescue Dorothy would be turned to snow by now. So it's a good thing.

-dork
Dork 03-30-2004 12:21 PM
number 2
AndroidZeroX 04-02-2004 07:59 AM
Thanks for the Big Venus Pics Dork, i want to know where you got the one where she is not white, and it is kind of orangish in the back. What Act was that from, because I dont remember it.
Dork 04-02-2004 10:24 AM
quote:
Originally posted by DOA SOBF
I want to know where you got the one where she is not white, and it is kind of orangish in the back. What Act was that from, because I dont remember it.

Do you mean that shot of Big Venus? That cap's from act 26 as well, but it's in Roger's near death flash back scene. . . just before Dorothy comes to his rescue. . .

::sigh::

-dork
Jeff Wright 04-02-2004 04:30 PM
Lets try this as a screen-capture wish list.

Some of the best shots of Dorothy are in Beck Comes Back of course, and also in Legacy of Amadeus. (As she remembers her father, and you have a close-up of her eyes off to one side. She thanks Instro with a courtsey, places one foot behind and bows slightly. I thought that was charming. She looked so vulnerable after she came close to shorting herself and looked like a broken doll inside the Big O.
Wingnut 04-02-2004 05:16 PM
How about that death glare Angel sent into the back of Alex's head when he insulted forigeners in Act 10?
Dork 04-02-2004 05:35 PM
Accidently labeled the Amedeus images broken doll as well, but if you think about it it kinda applies.

Poor broken doll. . .