[Comment] Ads

YoruameBaroness 03-20-2004 06:31 PM
It might just be my browser, but lately I am getting a lot of those new style pop-up ads . . .is anyone else experiencing this? Usually I don't get pop-ups on the boards . . .
Dude Love 03-20-2004 06:35 PM
quote:
Originally posted by YoruameBaroness
It might just be my browser, but lately I am getting a lot of those new style pop-up ads . . .is anyone else experiencing this? Usually I don't get pop-ups on the boards . . .

From what I've seen, Paradigm never uses ads. So, it's probably some adware installed on your computer.
Green_Bird 03-20-2004 06:37 PM
New style? what do you mean, do you mean like they are the same color as style you have and they say messanger on them? or just normal pop up windows? because I'm not getting anything....

You might have Windows messanger activated or you have spyware....once I know what you mean I can help...
YoruameBaroness 03-20-2004 06:38 PM
That's what I was thinking. Funny how they never pop up until I come here. >_< Well, time to run my anti-spyware program again.
Zopwx2 03-20-2004 07:41 PM
I don't think its this site, I have that problem too with other sites.

Just random popups.

dload adaware:
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
Krang 03-20-2004 09:14 PM
Like the others said, it must be adware. This site has no ads, and if it ever does, they definitely won't be popup ads.
Dude Love 03-20-2004 09:20 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Krang
Like the others said, it must be adware. This site has no ads, and if it ever does, they definitely won't be popup ads.

I take it you agree Pop-ups are the scum of the internet?
Krang 03-20-2004 09:24 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Wienberg
I take it you agree Pop-ups are the scum of the internet?

Of course. Big Grin I wouldn't want to annoy our visitors with popups when I can't stand them myself.
Mr. Fortnight 03-21-2004 02:15 AM
Okay, here's the names of some anti-spyware proggies I swear by.

1: AdAware. It's very user friendly, but it's usually last in line to get updates.
2: Spybot Search and Destroy (Also known as Spybot S&D). I LOVE this program. It's Merciless, Devious, Sadistic, Cruel, and Malicious to adware. Although it's not as user friendly, and some of the people on their forums are sorta... elitist.

Together these two proggies clean out ANY computer but good.

But, if it's IE, there are some ad-viruses (I call them Ad Viruses because that is what I feel Adware is) that latch on to a copy of IE and the only way to remove it is to do a complete re-install of IE. And that is harder than it sounds and looks.
Manji 03-21-2004 03:40 AM
I dont even bother with IE, it kept making me angry, so I switched to Mozllia Firefox, and its working alot better.