[Suggestion] Order of threads in Paradigm City Tribune

Bentar 03-18-2004 01:53 AM
I happened to be looking at the root forum list, and noticed a new post by one of our newest members, Schwarzwald27. But when I entered the Tribune forum, I couldn't find it. I went back to the root list and clicked on the direct link, and everything was fine. But I noticed what my problem was - the show thread list order (at the bottem of every sub-forum page) was set to 'sorted by [start time]' rather than 'sorted by [last post time]' (the way it seems to be on all the other sub-forums).

I suggest setting the default in the Tribune forum to [last post time]. If someone had posted in the forum to one of the more recent threads after Schwarzwald27, his question probably would have slipped completely off the radar screen, and gone unanswered. However, there may be reasons I don't know of that it is set the way it is - I just thought I'd make the suggestion. Smile

BTW, my complements to Schwarzwald27 on going to so much effort to try to find a good place to post his question!
Krang 03-18-2004 02:45 AM
Thanks for the suggestion, but the forum is arranged that way to keep the newest news posts on top and to help prevent people from bumping up old news posts that no longer apply. This is because after a news thread is posted, there is almost never a reason to bring it back up after it has already been discussed (this case was an exception since it was relevant to the thread).
Bentar 03-18-2004 03:01 AM
Ahhhhhh! You've once again proven you know a whole lot more than I do. Tongue And I can always manually select [last post] when I want.
Thanks for reviewing the suggestion anyway Krang Big Grin
Schwarzwald27 03-18-2004 04:48 PM
quote:
BTW, my complements to Schwarzwald27 on going to so much effort to try to find a good place to post his question!

Well, it would be rude to intrude on another thread that has nothing to do with the aforementioned topic right? Fact of the matter is it didn't really take me that long, I just like to keep infromation straight so I searched for the right thread. Lol thanks again for the help Bentar.