[Suggestion] Offical name for Arm Pistons, Chromebuster Cannon, and Missiles

Tickle Tickle 03-16-2004 09:43 PM
Just something I wanted to mention. The 'offical' names are in the Big O visuals book.

Arm Pistons- 'Sudden Impact'
Chromebuster Cannon- Merely 'Chrome Buster'
Missiles- 'Missile Party'

TRACKING

Each 'radar' feature has its own name.

'Radar'- Used in 'The Big Fight'
'Communication' Used to (normally) to contact Norman
'Trajectory Trace'- Used in 'Bring Back My Ghost'
'Explosive Detector'- Used in 'Winter Night Phantom'
'Damage Alarm'- Used to note damage on Big O ('Roger The Wanderer')

Just some information you may want to add to the 'Robot Features'

Smile
R.Jesse 03-16-2004 09:55 PM
missles/rocket party
gunns/prime time
Krang 03-17-2004 12:22 AM
Thanks for pointing that out, R. Umino. Actually, I also noticed those names when looking through the art book, but I forgot to add them at the time, so I'll take care of it in a future update.
The_Third_Child 03-17-2004 06:01 AM
You forgot about the arm gatling gannon. I can't think of a new name for it.
Tickle Tickle 03-17-2004 08:16 AM
quote:
Originally posted by The_Third_Child

Its 'O Thunder'
Wingnut 03-17-2004 09:41 AM
If I may also make a recomendation that the machine guns be renamed Machine Cannons instead. Due mainly to the rate of fire in the guns and the distructive power of each indivdual round that is fired. They behave more like machine cannon rounds than regular bullets.
(This all comes from watching the History Channel late at night on the weekend. Pleased )

Edit: I also like the layout of the Robot features section in general as well and would like to congratulate you on the design.
Bismarck 03-17-2004 05:14 PM
Most of my megadei (in the MFL) which have rapid fire conventional weapons are called machine cannons rather than machine guns. This is due to the large size of the shells being fired and the way that they do damage. It makes more sense anyways because these weapons are on a much larger scale. I also watch the History Channel, they have a lot of good shows.

Third Child you are mine...
Krang 03-17-2004 11:35 PM
quote:

Thanks, but season 2 weapons are not up yet. We have some other things to take care of on the site that have a higher priority (contest, fan art, wallpapers, etc.), but once those are taken care of, we'll get started on the season 2 Robot Features update.

quote:
Originally posted by Wingnut
If I may also make a recomendation that the machine guns be renamed Machine Cannons instead.

No problem, I'll add that to the list of changes.

quote:
Edit: I also like the layout of the Robot features section in general as well and would like to congratulate you on the design.

Thanks! Smile
Mr. Fortnight 03-18-2004 04:30 AM
A question sort of on topic...

If we come up with an idea for a megadeus of our own, should we post the idea in the MFL thread, or should we instead post our idea in the section reserved for fan material?

I sort of want to stat out some Megadei for the TriStat dX RPG system.
Wingnut 03-18-2004 09:25 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Ensign Minneapolis
A question sort of on topic...

If we come up with an idea for a megadeus of our own, should we post the idea in the MFL thread, or should we instead post our idea in the section reserved for fan material?

I sort of want to stat out some Megadei for the TriStat dX RPG system.

Normally you would post said Megadeus in the approperate thread in the MFL forum in the Smith Mansion. However seeing that the MFL is closed right now I'm not really sure how to proceed on this. Perhaps we could open a new thread, or move the old one, in the Nightengale Club and Sitcky it, with the sole intent of posting and displaying fan-made Megadei for all to see and possibly rate. Wait for official Mod/Administrator ruleing on this though.
R.Jesse 03-18-2004 03:02 PM
the mfl should be up in a few days (acording to calculations) so thats not nesisary
the machine canons i called "primetime" because i onece herd the name and i liked it Big Grin
Mr. Fortnight 03-18-2004 05:07 PM
I'll wait and see. Thanks for the 411.

^.^ Besides, I got some other stuff grabbing my attention too. >.<

Thanks.
evanASF27 03-18-2004 06:00 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Krang
quote:

Thanks, but season 2 weapons are not up yet. We have some other things to take care of on the site that have a higher priority (contest, fan art, wallpapers, etc.), but once those are taken care of, we'll get started on the season 2 Robot Features update.

I'M WORKING ON IT >_< ((*reminds Krang of that thread and a few PM's from a while ago...*))

Gotta pray there's a snow day tomorrow so I can actually have the time to work on te damn thing! Frown