Whats yer favorite movie?

Name Of God 09-24-2003 05:21 PM
Where are the Life of Brian fans? Big Grin

Guy 1: What have the romans ever done for us?

Group: YEAH!!!

Guy 2: Uh... the aquaduct.

Guy 1: Huh?

Guy 2: Well... they built the aquaduct...
BoneDaddy 09-24-2003 06:17 PM
i hella wanna see that movie.. but i havent had a chance to. my fave movie has got to be the shawshank redemption.. ooh! and of course the nightmare before chirstmas...ooh! and betelgeuse.. love that movie
Redd 09-24-2003 08:43 PM
What an interesting thread... I love so many movies, it's sad. I love X-men, X2, Batman and Robin, The Labyrinth, *cough*cough* The Digimon movie, *cough* The Wizard of Oz , Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (they need a shorter title for that movie!), Josie and the Pussycats, Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron (I'm sure I'm getting weird looks... Roll Eyes ), Happy Gilmore (so funny...) and.. I'm sure there's more... (everyone's asleep... Sleeping )
Schwarzwald 09-24-2003 08:48 PM
This one is tough..hmmm.... i really enjoy classics... this one isn't exactly old... but it poses as one...

its about a guy in the 40ies... i invents a toy(the hoola hoop i think)... and starts out just wanting to make kids happy... but then gets lazy and only goes for money...

it was on comedy central... its some VERY uniqe name... and all the reporters talk seteriotypicly...(blasted american spelling)

anyone know the name?
dawnstrider 09-24-2003 08:53 PM
My favorite movie was 2001: A Space Odyssey. It was what you didn't typically expect from Sci-Fi movies of the 1960's - intellegent, artsy, and abstract. I also liked American Beauty and the Matrix, as well as Bladerunner.
Benjamin 12-27-2003 10:23 PM
My favorite movie has to be "The Dark Crystal"
Then "Digimon The Movie"

That's it, but American Pie 2 is coming up to be one of my favorites...
Crystalline 12-28-2003 01:42 AM
BLOODSPORT.

KUMITE! KUMITE! KUMITE!
Quint 12-28-2003 03:23 AM
hmmmmm i would go with jaws but thats so predictable of me..................lets see

1.Good the bad and the ugly
2.Jaws
3. Jaws 2
4.Rambo part 2
5.Rambo part 3
6.The Godfather
7.Godfather part 2
8.007 goldfinger
9.Maclintoc (john wayne)
10.The Quite man (john wayne,and barry fitzgerald)

umm and if you want to know the rest of my top 25 list..........well then ehhh ask me i guess...........ohh wait wait wait,there was that little number called armaget-it-on.........that ones for the adults(wink wink)
Fujiko 12-28-2003 03:25 AM
quote:
Originally posted by zhinphou
Not that this matters at all, but, my favorite movie is The Legend of Drunken Master. It had simply awesome fight scenes, nice music, hilarious stunts, and a good storyline (in my opinion). That is all.

I agree. that movie was so cool. But i also like:

Coming to America

Dumb and Dumber

Austin Powers (all 3)

Finding Nemo

Beauty and the Beast

Rush Hour (both)

*I'll add more later*
Mega Dominus 12-28-2003 04:08 AM
Right now, it's got to be LOTR: The Return of the King. But past favorites include:

Once Upon a Time in China

The Seven Samurai

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

Monthy Python: The Quest for the Holy Grail

Pi

...and many more!
Pygmalion 12-28-2003 06:58 AM
One quirky movie that really spoke to me was The Straight Story.

"I couldn't help but notice the rather unusal mode of transport."--Priest (John Lordan)
"My eyes are bad. I can't drive. I don't like someone else driving. And I've got to get out to my brother's."--Alvin

At 73, Alvin Straight lost his driver's license. Then he heard that his brother, who he hadn't spoken to for years, had had a stroke. Straight outfitted his riding lawnmower with a trailer and set off at 5 mph from Iowa to Wisconsin.

It sounds funny, but this movie captured what I love most about motorcycle touring -- the freedom of the road, the ever-changing view, and the friendliness of strangers you meet along the way.

Well worth renting.

Pygmalion
Seraphim 12-28-2003 07:23 AM
I liked "Pulp Fiction". Man, that movie had a great story.

"Moulin Rouge", also.
Lady Tesser 12-28-2003 09:27 AM
Hmm. I'll do it!

"African Queen" with Humphrey Bogart and Katherine Hepburn. One of those brilliant classics of action, romance, and some comedy, as well as character evolution and a strong storyline. Everything from the Queen herself to Bogart's lines are beautifully crafted. They don't make movies like this anymore, which sucks rocks.

"The Blues Brothers" with John Belushi and Dan Ackroyd. For both action and comedy, quotable quotes and great music, this movie is pure genius. The first of the SNL movies was done the best, making fun of Nazis, country singers, modern music, psychotic ex-fiancees, and car chase scenes (as well as the first to use the 'police car pile-up' technique). AND giving Cab Calloway a chance to shine once again like he did back in the 1930's.
Prince-Consort Tesser 12-28-2003 11:47 AM
"African Queen" with Humphrey Bogart and Katherine Hepburn. You got comedy, drama, sex, violence, war, adventure, gunfire, explosions, insanity, giant animals - everything except aliens. Big Grin
Almasy 12-28-2003 12:00 PM
Some of my favorites:

"Dangerous Liaisons" [1988], "Great Expectations" [1998], "Cruel Intentions" [1999], "The Talented Mr. Ripley" [1999], "American Psycho" [2000], "Femme Fatale" [2002]
YZEtc 12-28-2003 01:12 PM
In writing this, I just know that I'm doing an injustice to some awesome movies that I can't recall at the moment.
That said, I doubt that I'll ever forget 1964's Fail-Safe.

This balck-and-white, Cold War thriller is a stunning example of simple, riveting story-telling without any gimmics or special effects.
Although I haven't seen it in the better part of 20 years, I doubt I'll ever forget that poignant scene at the end where the bomber pilot breathes those emotional words into his oxygen mask, trying to come to grips with the inevitable outcome of the unexpected and truly horrifying mission he was ordered to fly.

Makes me want to go rent it.
Darkside 12-29-2003 02:16 PM
1.Matrix:Revolutions
2.Fight Club
3. The Oddysey mini-series
4.Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz
5.The Shawshank Redemption
6.IT
7.Christine
8.Maximium Overdrive
9.Ghostbusters 1&2
10.Matrix: Reloaded
11.Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome
12.The Patriot
13.Freddy VS. Jason
14.Jeepers Creepers
15.We Were Soldiers
psygnosis 12-29-2003 05:03 PM
alien-- only the first one
the best new movie is obviously kill bill-- can't wait to see the end
Schwarzwald 12-29-2003 05:06 PM
ALL QUIET ON THE WESTERN FRONT!

It follow certain German soldiers through world war one... its a classic movie... i mean its really... classified under classic....

gezz... who the devil made classic a gener

EDIT: HAHA this is an old thread! I didn't notice... well... my above post adds in also... I still don't know the name...
Tony Waynewrong 12-29-2003 05:20 PM
Geez, this is tough. I would have to say that I absolutely adore anything from Stanley Kubrick. His movies rock.

- Fullmetal Jacket
- A Clockwork Orange
- 2001: A Space Odyssey.
- Shining, The
- Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb
- Barry Lyndon