[Suggestion] Division of Ailesberry Farm?

Jeff 03-14-2004 03:59 PM
Browsing through the Ailesberry Farm, I notice its populated almost entirely by Anime threads. Rarely is Manga discussed, which may lead people to believe that threads would not arouse much interest. I think by dividing it in two, one to focus on Anime discussion, and the other for Manga, it would incite more Manga discussion. Besides, I consider Anime and Manga to be very different art forms. Sorry if this has been brought up already...
The Fallen Phoenix 03-14-2004 04:01 PM
Well, the short description under the link does specify anime and manga...

This is just something I've observed (not just on Paradigm, and not to say I agree with it), but anime seems to be more popular than manga. That might be the reason why there are more anime-oriented threads in Ailesberry...manga, for better or worse, doesn't seem to generate much interest for people. Frown Something I think is a shame.
Randolph 03-14-2004 04:09 PM
Sounds like a good idea.
Manga is not discussed much in Ailseberry. Dividing it into devoted Anime and Manga sections would really help spur the Manga community.
Green_Bird 03-14-2004 04:13 PM
Yeah....I also agree...I mean it would make it alot more organized for people who don't like animé to post stuff on Manga, or people who don't like Manga can post stuff about animé or people who like both can post in ether one.
Jonny Axehandle 03-14-2004 05:30 PM
How bout get rid of it cause both Anime and Manga sucks? *dead silence*
Manji 03-14-2004 05:30 PM
I don't see much of a need for a manga forum, like you said there aren't many manga threads. Anyone is free to make a manga thread, but less people read manga than they watch anime, so an entire sub forum, or forum is somewhat wasteful. "Spurring" won't really help much, its not like people are afraid to post manga topics, and like I said anyones free to post them. Just make them and see what happens...

quote:
How bout get rid of it cause both Anime and Manga sucks? *dead silence*

Roll Eyes

Watch the trolling buddy.
Jonny Axehandle 03-14-2004 07:21 PM
I have learned from experiance that too many forums is a bad thing.
The Fallen Phoenix 03-14-2004 07:24 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Jonny Axehandle

Too many unecessary forums are indeed a bad idea. Personally, I don't think a manga sub-forum is really necessary (Manji did a good job articulating why).

Getting rid of the whole forum though? Roll Eyes There's certainly no reason to do that...
Jonny Axehandle 03-14-2004 07:54 PM
quote:
Originally posted by The Fallen Phoenix
Too many unecessary forums are indeed a bad idea. Personally, I don't think a manga sub-forum is really necessary (Manji did a good job articulating why).

Please type in regular fonts. I need to quote you just to understand what you are saying.

quote:
Originally posted by The Fallen Phoenix
Getting rid of the whole forum though? Roll Eyes There's certainly no reason to do that...[/size][/font]

That was a joke ya Big Fau.
Benjamin 03-14-2004 07:55 PM
IT IS A GOOD IDEA, I DON'T PERSONALLY POST IN MANGA THREADS PROBABLY BECAUSE I DON'T SEEM TO SEE IT MORE THAN ANIME... MANGA, TO ME, IS BETTER THAN ANIME, I THINK IT WOULD BE A WISE DECISION TO CREATE A WHOLE NEW POSTING FORUM JUST LIKE AILESBERRY BUT WITH A MANGA SUB TITLE...IT WOULD WORK, WE WOULD JUST NEED A FEW THREAD TOPICS TO GET IT STARTED IT SHOULD BE IN THE WEST DOME ANIME "/ MANGA " FORUMS (IT SHOULD HAVE THE SUBTITLE CHANGED IF THIS IS GOING TO HAPPEN SO THAT PEOPLE WOULD KNOW THAT IT HAS BOTH ANIME AS WELL AS MANGA IN IT, NOT JUST ANIME...OF COURSE THESE ARE JUST MY THOUGHTS...
Prons 03-14-2004 08:06 PM
If there was a fourm more people would talk about it, in fact I would gladly contribute, also have you ever considered that some threads don't seem to be talking about either, like "Whos the hottest?" or "Lupin Question." or even others. I think people like me who's main source of Entertainment (Beside models) is Manga, would apreciate it.
evanASF27 03-14-2004 10:09 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Prons
If there was a fourm more people would talk about it, in fact I would gladly contribute, also have you ever considered that some threads don't seem to be talking about either, like "Whos the hottest?" or "Lupin Question." or even others. I think people like me who's main source of Entertainment (Beside models) is Manga, would apreciate it.

Uhh...what were the references to those threads about? You lost me... Confused I mean what the hell do having question about Lupin and "whos the hottest anime character" have anything to do about getting or not getting a manga section??
Prons 03-14-2004 10:44 PM
Im saying, that thoes things don't really point out if they are talking about the manga or the anime. So I asume most people asume the anime.
Manji 03-14-2004 11:00 PM
I think the best thing we could do is to make the Bold type under the AilesBerry Farm Title say "Anime/Manga Discussion", instead of just "Anime Discussion".

Would that make you guys happy? It seems to be the best solution...
Dude Love 03-14-2004 11:12 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Manji
I think the best thing we could do is to make the Bold type under the AilesBerry Farm Title say "Anime/Manga Discussion", instead of just "Anime Discussion".

I think it's a good solution. That'd solve the problem. Make it more obvious. Except, there might want to be a thread or announcement or something to remind all the people who have been posting there and have been around for a while that it is also for Manga, since after like a few weeks of membership you don't look at those any longer.
Manji 03-14-2004 11:30 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Wienberg
quote:

I think it's a good solution. That'd solve the problem. Make it more obvious. Except, there might want to be a thread or announcement or something to remind all the people who have been posting there and have been around for a while that it is also for Manga, since after like a few weeks of membership you don't look at those any longer.

I agree, I haven't even looked at the Forum names before, beyong the Smith Mansion, I don't know any of the names by heartEmbarrassed Sweatdrop

quote:

You want too many forums? Try NASIOC. Its the 4th Biggest in the U.S.
Krang 03-14-2004 11:50 PM
quote:
Originally posted by jeff 25
Browsing through the Ailesberry Farm, I notice its populated almost entirely by Anime threads. Rarely is Manga discussed, which may lead people to believe that threads would not arouse much interest. I think by dividing it in two, one to focus on Anime discussion, and the other for Manga, it would incite more Manga discussion. Besides, I consider Anime and Manga to be very different art forms. Sorry if this has been brought up already...

Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't think that a separate forum would be necessary. If there's a lack of manga threads, splitting the forum wouldn't do much good since there would probably be the same amount of manga discussion in the new forum as there is now. I think a better solution would be to start some new threads about manga to get some discussion going.

quote:

Actually, that's a good idea. The forum was always intended for both anime and manga discussion as you can see in the description, but I must have forgotten to change the bold heading when I was renaming the forums. It's now changed.
dominusofdeath 03-15-2004 11:53 AM
Thanks Krang! That looks alot better bow!