[Suggestion] Theories Page

Jonny Axehandle 03-12-2004 07:01 PM
This is something we need. I look through the forums and I see a million topics about theories. We should have a section on the site devoted to user-submitted theories.
Negotiator_Roger_Smith 03-12-2004 07:19 PM
good idea
Almasy 03-12-2004 08:24 PM
NOTE: Rather than an entire section/forum devoted to Big O Theories, perhaps I could create a Theories Thread in the Smith Mansion and then sticky it, and, as seen with all the "I love..." threads, I could then amalgamate all the individual theory threads into the stickied Theories Thread. Just a thought.
evanASF27 03-12-2004 08:33 PM
umm Almasy, yes that would seem right but what about the radically different theories (like mine for example, and I know I've seen a few others) that make the show look to be a metaphor?

(I also have another theory about the plot and such that I'm working on now too...It's been a while so I thought I might want to post this one.)

One general thread might be kinda limiting or rather. way too general......especially if you merge all the heory threads into one (which would be 100 pages!!!)
Almasy 03-12-2004 08:40 PM
quote:
Originally posted by evanASF27
umm Almasy, yes that would seem right but what about the radically different theories (like mine for example, and I know I've seen a few others) that make the show look to be a metaphor?

(I also have another theory about the plot and such that I'm working on now too...It's been a while so I thought I might want to post this one.)

One general thread might be kinda limiting or rather. way too general......especially if you merge all the heory threads into one (which would be 100 pages!!!)

Yes, you're right. I thought about that after I had posted my suggestion.

NOTE: Well, although there are a lot of threads about different theories scattered around the Smith Mansion Forum, they don't seem to be out of hand/out of control at all. I think an entire Forum dedicated solely to Big O Theories would be unnecessary/excessive, and, like Evan pointed out, a single thread would be limiting/far too small.

I, personally, think that the situation is perfectly fine the way it is. If people wish to discuss their Big O Theories, they can post them in the Smith Mansion Forum.

Afterall, the description for The Smith Mansion Forum is:

quote:
Big O Discussion: Discuss anything related to the Big O anime and manga here.

Though, I would be interested to hear what other people's thoughts were regarding this subject.
evanASF27 03-12-2004 08:45 PM
good boy! You're learning! Tongue Pleased *pats almasy on the head*

*gets finger bitten off*
._.;;;

GIVE THAT BACK!! Sweatdrop
dominusofdeath 03-12-2004 08:54 PM
What about a mini forum?
Jonny Axehandle 03-12-2004 09:03 PM
This has nothing to do with the forums. I think the site needs more content and this is a good way to do it. All theories would still be posted in the same way they are now.
evanASF27 03-12-2004 11:44 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Jonny Axehandle
This has nothing to do with the forums. I think the site needs more content and this is a good way to do it. All theories would still be posted in the same way they are now.

uh dude
There are enough theories and threads about theories to keep a person's mind busy for a good week and a half! Roll Eyes

You only have to dig them up. So if you can't live with that, then I don't know how we can really help you. Red Face Frown
Krang 03-13-2004 12:14 AM
quote:
This is something we need. I look through the forums and I see a million topics about theories. We should have a section on the site devoted to user-submitted theories.

Sure, that would be a good idea, but we would need permission from everyone who posted one before adding it to the site. Or maybe it would be a better idea to add a page on the site that links to each of the theories on the forum...
dominusofdeath 03-13-2004 12:27 AM
The second one lol.
Yeah just have the links.
Maybe more people would join the forums also.
Ace of Spades 03-13-2004 04:28 PM
Capital Idea... pip pip cheerio.
evanASF27 03-13-2004 05:19 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Krang
quote:

Sure, that would be a good idea, but we would need permission from everyone who posted one before adding it to the site. Or maybe it would be a better idea to add a page on the site that links to each of the theories on the forum...

But then there is still the DAUNTING task of finding every single damn theory in the Smith Mansion section!!

GO ALMASY! I'm rooting for ya Pleased
*sips a soda behind a plexiglass barier that is 10inches thick*
Almasy 03-13-2004 06:05 PM
Well, the primary reason I think that all the theories should remain exactly where they are is because of the fact that Big O theories are an extraordinarily large portion of what makes The Smith Mansion Forum what it is. So, if it's absolutely necessary that something be changed/done (although I, personally, still don't think it is—but it's not really up to me), then I would go with Krang's second idea of creating a page on the main site that links to each of the theories, which would remain in the Smith Mansion Forum.
Randolph 03-13-2004 07:06 PM
I never had any trouble finding Theories threads when I wanted one. I just look around and usually the threads are called "theory on..." or named after their subject.
I don't see the need for a sticky thread, or anything so extreme as a new Theories forum, the current system is fine as it is.
darkangel 03-13-2004 07:40 PM
I accept!Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Jonny Axehandle 03-13-2004 07:52 PM
I think no one understands my idea.
Randolph 03-13-2004 08:01 PM
I understand; you want a special area devoted to the organization of all theories. But so far I see no need for organization as it seems fairly well organized as it is.
If you could make some amendments to your suggestion, we might have something good on our hands.
Jonny Axehandle 03-13-2004 08:11 PM
No. That is not what I am saying. The way they are posted stays the same. But once posted they get copied over to the main page by someone.
Wingnut 03-13-2004 10:23 PM
quote:
No. That is not what I am saying. The way they are posted stays the same. But once posted they get copied over to the main page by someone.

Well that would be good, if this were a site to openly display theories that can't be proved or disproved. The main site is to display factual materal on elements of the series only. That is one of the reasons the forums section exists, to post and disscuss theories on the show.