Contest Closed

Name Of God 04-03-2004 02:52 AM
Well, I'm back from oblivion to see the contest entry things, am downloading now. Let me just congradulate the winners, whoever they'll be, ahead of time.

Whee. (:
Seraphim 04-03-2004 10:31 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Bentar
quote:
Originally posted by evanASF27
sad I hear nothing about mine...probably people don't like actual dialogue in videos Frown ...*takes notes and sighs* ...

Don't feel bad, Evan - I think most people are simply holding off commenting until Krang sets up the official voting/discussion thread. Smile

When will this thread be made? Because I saw them all and I have many comments! Big Grin Especially on Evan's. Evan's was very good. There were other very good ones, but a few seemed to simply be more entertaining than funny.
evanASF27 04-03-2004 05:40 PM
maybe on the next minor update...next week I suppose.
I think that Krang or somebody should mass email the members of paradigm city to go and watch the vids and vote. Cause if we only get 20 votes.... Sweatdrop that # sux.....we would need more....

So I think more people should be notifiyed about the "existance" of this contest and that the videos are ready for watching and voting Wink ....(IE mass email them Big Grin Big Grin )
Seraphim 04-03-2004 06:28 PM
quote:
maybe on the next minor update...next week I suppose.
I think that Krang or somebody should mass email the members of paradigm city to go and watch the vids and vote. Cause if we only get 20 votes.... Sweatdrop that # sux.....we would need more....

So I think more people should be notifiyed about the "existance" of this contest and that the videos are ready for watching and voting Wink ....(IE mass email them Big Grin Big Grin )

Man, you must really love mass emailing.

If there was a mass email, I'd be sure to leave my Torrent up until the end. Big Grin
evanASF27 04-03-2004 06:32 PM
no it's just that since everyone has to check their email at some point, they'd find out about the contest, look into it...download the videos...and then vote Smile
Seraphim 04-03-2004 08:05 PM
quote:
no it's just that since everyone has to check their email at some point, they'd find out about the contest, look into it...download the videos...and then vote Smile

Well, the thing is, I have cable internet now... but I know from experience that the Big O video file pack offered through BitTorrent is too big for a 56k person to download easily. Tongue Maybe we should offer some of the larger ones individually (Evan! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin )
evanASF27 04-03-2004 08:31 PM
or you can sit down be quiet (having been bound and gagged) and wait for the damn files to download. I had to wait about 15 minutes. and others I know waited about 30minutes (and they have dialup).
Dude Love 04-03-2004 08:39 PM
How do you get the torrent back up? Because I closed it a little while ago, and I'd like to bring it back up for others.
Name Of God 04-03-2004 09:05 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Wienberg
How do you get the torrent back up? Because I closed it a little while ago, and I'd like to bring it back up for others.

Just try to "redownload it" on top of your already downloaded file. It'll recognise that the download is complete, but load it for others to download.
Bentar 04-03-2004 10:40 PM
With the exception of a few hours today (in which I needed a live ip# for and A&A game), I've been keeping mine up. I'm temporarily at the top of the list with 472MB uploaded. Smile I'm a little surprised there hasn't been more traffic, but then the torrent isn't official yet I guess.
Or maybe most people don't want to install bittorrent? Is anyone reading this waiting for a direct download link to be made available?
Dude Love 04-03-2004 10:50 PM
How do you tell where you were? And, I haven't uploaded any yet...
Bentar 04-04-2004 12:09 AM
Most torrent trackers have some built-in stats capability. In the case of the Big O Vid contest the tracker stat page is here. I am the 24.233.41.xxx entry Smile There are currently only 3 seeds total.
IamRogerSmith 04-04-2004 01:50 AM
Yeah, big deal - that's cause I restarted my server for a critical update. I had over a gig uploaded before ;p
Bentar 04-04-2004 03:19 AM
quote:
Originally posted by IamRogerSmith
Yeah, big deal - that's cause I restarted my server for a critical update. I had over a gig uploaded before ;p

Good to know there is so much traffic - that probably mean approx 18-20 copies have been downloaded so far. Smile What flavor of windows are you running? Or is it Linux/Mac/Other?
IamRogerSmith 04-04-2004 03:34 AM
Dual boot, w2k and mandrake 9.0 Smile