Contest Closed

Zola 03-31-2004 01:09 AM
I'll be seeding (meaning once I download the file, I'll keep bittorrent open) for the next few days. I'm usually on AIM for a good part of the day if you have any questions Smile
evanASF27 03-31-2004 01:41 AM
I don't see a torrent download for the N.E. section of the US O_o;;;

err...I'll download the VA one for now...if this is a bad mood please tell me ^^;;;
IamRogerSmith 03-31-2004 01:42 AM
Evan, I believe they call it - don't whine, please. Smile
evanASF27 03-31-2004 01:47 AM
quote:
Originally posted by IamRogerSmith
Evan, I believe they call it - don't whine, please. Smile

what? ...I'm only wondering if I was downloading the right file thing. :-/
Cos usually I see a NY download on sites similar to that one (with different regions to pick from,etc) ...so I didn't know which one to pick. It ain't whinin', it's confusion. Sweatdrop
IamRogerSmith 03-31-2004 01:53 AM
Blah.

-Delete post
Krang 03-31-2004 02:01 AM
I think he means the download page for the BitTorrent client itself (from SourceForge). In that case, you can choose any of the locations (the multiple locations are just there to help you find a faster download, but they're all the same file).
evanASF27 03-31-2004 02:05 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Krang
I think he means the download page for the BitTorrent client itself (from SourceForge). In that case, you can choose any of the locations (the multiple locations are just there to help you find a faster download, but they're all the same file).

ah...sorry bout that...I got it now Smile

*edit*
Wow...those other entries are great Smile One or two (or part of one), I didn't find "funny" as in 'LOL' funny...but they are all pretty damn cool. Cool
Mine seems to be the biggest and the longest...>_< sorry for extending the downloading times everyone ;.; Anyways, these are really cool...if we get enough people to vote, this will be "a very close race" Big Grin
Bentar 03-31-2004 08:34 PM
Cool!!! Great job Krang! Already downloaded and seeding Big Grin Is there going to be a more 'official' announcement of the torrent? Some people may not know the good news yet Pleased
IamRogerSmith 03-31-2004 08:47 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Bentar
Cool!!! Great job Krang! Already downloaded and seeding Big Grin Is there going to be a more 'official' announcement of the torrent? Some people may not know the good news yet Pleased

Yes, there will be soon (the torrent will be announced before the direct download) don't worry.

What about me!?? Mad I was the one who created/tracked/seeded the torrent in the first place? PAY ATTENTION TO ME!!! LOVE MEEEEE!!!!!!!!

*Ahem*

Pleased
Bentar 03-31-2004 09:42 PM
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Bentar

Yes, there will be soon (the torrent will be announced before the direct download) don't worry.

What about me!?? Mad I was the one who created/tracked/seeded the torrent in the first place? PAY ATTENTION TO ME!!! LOVE MEEEEE!!!!!!!!

*Ahem*

Pleased

Sorry I overlooked you IamRogerSmith! I apoligize - I was so excited at seeing the vids online, I didnt carefully read Krang's post - so a VERY big thanks to IamRogerSmith also!! Pleased
I am at this moment a very happy Bentar, due in no small part to Krang, IamRogerSmith and *all* the contest percipitants! Big Grin
THe_BiG_FaU 04-02-2004 02:46 AM
omg I was howling at that one with the "all your base are belong to us" stuff in it....its just soooo silly,lol i love it....where did that come from anyway "all your base are belong to us", thats just plain bad english...
Bentar 04-02-2004 03:26 AM
quote:
Originally posted by THe_BiG_FaU
omg I was howling at that one with the "all your base are belong to us" stuff in it....its just soooo silly,lol i love it....where did that come from anyway "all your base are belong to us", thats just plain bad english...

Ah, yes...that is quite an interesting story. The first I remember seeing 'it' was a couple of years ago via the 'secret link' picture on the inquirer - a really cool IT/computer news website, IMHO. Anyway - many, many years ago, a Japanese company called Toaplan(?) ported their game 'Zero Wing' to the Sega Genesis. An intro scene was added with a notoriously *BAD* english translation. The bad translation was noted by many game mags and websites, and it just sort of spread from there. Smile Here is a site that probably does a better job explaining (and documenting) the whole phenomenon. Be sure to watch 'Video 1' - I think that is what really started things in earnest. Wink

......Take off every zig!!!.....
THe_BiG_FaU 04-02-2004 11:56 AM
OMG!!!!! "Someone Set up us the bomb" ROFL.......all your base indeed.....he's got my vote
IamRogerSmith 04-02-2004 01:51 PM
No offense to the creator of that video - but it was a ripoff of someone elses idea that was already proven funny.
Pygmalion 04-02-2004 02:01 PM
quote:
No offense to the creator of that video - but it was a ripoff of someone elses idea that was already proven funny.

I think it might be called the adaptation of a Net legend video.

Pygmalion
Bentar 04-02-2004 04:47 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Pygmalion
quote:

I think it might be called the adaptation of a Net legend video.

Pygmalion

Much agreed Pygmalion. The thing that made it so funny (to me at least) was the knowledge of the source. - BTW, I notice you've shaved.... Big Grin
evanASF27 04-02-2004 05:18 PM
sad I hear nothing about mine...probably people don't like actual dialogue in videos Frown ...*takes notes and sighs* ...
Bentar 04-02-2004 05:50 PM
quote:
Originally posted by evanASF27
sad I hear nothing about mine...probably people don't like actual dialogue in videos Frown ...*takes notes and sighs* ...

Don't feel bad, Evan - I think most people are simply holding off commenting until Krang sets up the official voting/discussion thread. Smile
evanASF27 04-02-2004 06:24 PM
hmm good point...
IamRogerSmith 04-02-2004 06:27 PM
Yeah Evan, don't worry. I told Zola that you got my vote (since I got to see all the videos first, hehe). It's definately funny :0)