The Official Custom Buddy Icon request thread

Nyarlathotep 03-08-2004 07:32 PM
This may be beyond the allowed topics, but can anybody make me a buddy icon I can use on AIM? I want the heartless crest from Kingdom Hearts on a black background and am too computer illiterate to make it myself. Thanks to anyone who takes a crack at it.

Like so, only on black instead of white
Manji 03-08-2004 08:20 PM
I can try, does anyone happen to know the dimensions of a buddy icon?
The Fallen Phoenix 03-08-2004 08:35 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Manji
I can try, does anyone happen to know the dimensions of a buddy icon?


This is:

Though I'm not sure if AIM has any filetype requirements. I do know the size limit (dimensional) is 50x50 pixels. This is a png; if it doesn't work I'll convert it to jpeg. If that doesn't work, gif. If that doesn't work, bmp.
    Nyarlathotep 03-08-2004 08:52 PM
    That's pretty cool FP, thanks. It won't take png, and I tried saving it as a bmp but it says it's too big (the limit being 7861 pixels)

    Edit: Done and done! Thanks Zola and FP!
    Zola 03-08-2004 08:53 PM
    I've got this one.

    For future reference, buddy icons are 48 X 48 I believe.

    Bonaparte, would you please change the name of this thread to "The Official Custom Buddy Icon Request Thread" ?
    Zola 03-10-2004 01:21 AM
    I sat down tonight intending to make a few AIM icons.

    Thing was, I started capping The Greatest Villain, and there are so many great shots that I went a little nuts! Some worked, some didn't quite work, but it was fun Smile

    Feel free to download! They are all 48 X 48

    Tony Waynewrong 03-10-2004 01:42 AM
    quote:
    Originally posted by Zola
    I sat down tonight intending to make a few AIM icons.

    Thing was, I started capping The Greatest Villain, and there are so many great shots that I went a little nuts! Some worked, some didn't quite work, but it was fun Smile

    Feel free to download! They are all 48 X 48



    These are all good. I love them all. Good work, Zola. I will have fun using these.

    Kudos! Smile
    Blue Crow 04-19-2004 07:02 PM
    Hey,can someone turn this picture of Dracula into a buddy icon?

    That would be so kickass.Pleased

    Dracula thanks you----------------> {:[

    -BC
    Kairi 04-25-2004 12:27 PM
    ..well, uh, here you go, man.
    gunship 04-27-2004 05:26 PM
    quote:
    Originally posted by The Fallen Phoenix
    quote:
    Originally posted by Manji
    I can try, does anyone happen to know the dimensions of a buddy icon?


    This is:

    Though I'm not sure if AIM has any filetype requirements. I do know the size limit (dimensional) is 50x50 pixels. This is a png; if it doesn't work I'll convert it to jpeg. If that doesn't work, gif. If that doesn't work, bmp.

    I think it is 60x60
    Almasy 04-27-2004 07:23 PM
    quote:
    Originally posted by gunship
    quote:
    Originally posted by The Fallen Phoenix
    quote:
    Originally posted by Manji
    I can try, does anyone happen to know the dimensions of a buddy icon?


    This is:

    Though I'm not sure if AIM has any filetype requirements. I do know the size limit (dimensional) is 50x50 pixels. This is a png; if it doesn't work I'll convert it to jpeg. If that doesn't work, gif. If that doesn't work, bmp.

    I think it is 60x60

    No, as Zola already stated, the correct size for AIM icons is 48 X 48.
    The cLa O 04-27-2004 07:26 PM
    quote:
    Originally posted by Almasy
    quote:
    Originally posted by gunship
    quote:
    Originally posted by The Fallen Phoenix
    quote:
    Originally posted by Manji
    I can try, does anyone happen to know the dimensions of a buddy icon?


    This is:

    Though I'm not sure if AIM has any filetype requirements. I do know the size limit (dimensional) is 50x50 pixels. This is a png; if it doesn't work I'll convert it to jpeg. If that doesn't work, gif. If that doesn't work, bmp.

    I think it is 60x60

    No, as Zola already stated, the correct size for AIM icons is 48 X 48.

    yes 48 x 48 is usually better
    Delirious 04-27-2004 09:46 PM
    Awesome icons Zola! You rock!
    Zola 05-01-2004 09:37 AM
    Glad you enjoyed them. Smile

    If anybody has requests, put them here. I have a program especially for editing icons. Wink
    Silv3rKnigh1 05-01-2004 01:23 PM
    you can use 60x60 but the program crapily reduces teh size itself and makes it look bad
    Zopwx2 05-02-2004 08:53 PM
    dominusofdeath 05-03-2004 05:14 PM
    quote:
    Originally posted by Zopwx2

    AWESOME!