1. Big O
2. Big O
3. Cowboy Bebop
4. Future Boy Conan
5. RoboTech
NMBLNG 08-12-2004 12:11 PM
Big O- the first anime I ever liked
RoboTech- the only soap opera I've ever liked
YuYu Hakusho- 'Cause it's hilarious (It's the power of luv, baby!)
Um....can't think of any others. I need to go see some more.
animefan22 08-13-2004 01:15 AM
1)Cowboy Bebop - timeless anime classic that will go down in the books.
2)Vision of Escaflowne - Another classic that brings together a very engaging fantasy plot and mecha and a whole lot of other genre's to make one interesting and great show. production values and music by kanno yoko are top-notch.
3)Neon Genesis Evangelion - A brilliant and cerebral anime experience. It starts off as another lighthearted mecha show with some humor here and there and later turns into a confusing, reference-laden, serious, tour de force in mecha anime. Possibly studio gainax's greatest series.
4)FLCL - Pure unadulterated wackiness and craziness. You can't watch this show and not be amused in one way or another. Sure, it may not make much sense to you and may just seem like random zaniness, but it turns out to have somewhat of a story and has some of the coolest and most likable characters of any anime, in just six episodes.
5)Case Closed/Detective Conan - This show never gets old, like I initially thought it would. Each case is interesting, and well-thought out in its own way, and add in a bit of humor here and there to break the serious atmosphere and you got a good show. Plus, there's also the constant underlying plotline of the Black organization and if Conan will ever go back to being Jimmy.

And if there were a number 6, I would say wolf's rain - It may not be quite up to par with matching the greatness of Cowboy Bebop, but then I haven't seen the entire series yet. So far though, it's been a pretty interesting series, with nothing you'd ever expect happening. I don't think I've ever seen a series quite like this, and the whole setting and post-appocalyptic world the story takes place in is also pretty intriguing and mysterious. I'll have to watch more of it, and who knows, it may even move up to being in my top 5 favorite series.
lovetolive 08-19-2004 03:29 PM
cowboy bebop
YuYu Hakusho
Case Closed
Trigun
InuYasha
Schwarzwald_X 08-19-2004 03:39 PM
1. Big O
2. Blue Submarine no.6
3. Rurouni Kenshin- First two sagas only!
4. G-Gundam
5. Flcl

Other honerable mentions:
DB/DBZ
Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust (movie)
Cowboy Bebop
Lupin the 3rd (almost made it on the list)
Case closed (Almost made it too)
Witch Hunter Robin
Jabberwiccy 08-19-2004 04:16 PM
I'm gonna have to say that my favorite series are, in no particular order:

1.) Ranma 1/2
2.) Cowboy BeBop
3.)Inuyasha
4.) Big O
5.) Full Metal Panic!

So, um, yay me.
¡SpoonySthingyy! 08-19-2004 04:19 PM
1.) Cowboy Bebop
2.) Excel Saga
3.) Detective Conan/Case Closed
4.) Inuyasha
5.) Abenobashi
Nine Kuze 12-12-2005 03:27 PM
Nine XXVI's Top Five Anime Series:
(In no particular order, I swear!):

1. Big O
2. Cowboy Bebop
3. Dragonball Z
4. InuYasha
5. Sailor Moon

Peace.
David Ryder 12-13-2005 01:15 AM
My top five:

1.Trigun
2.Berserk
3.Ecaflowne
4.Gungrave
5.Big O
Asirt 12-20-2005 12:55 AM
Ever since the last post where I mentioned my top five list, I've been watching different types of anime, so it's been hard trying to choose my top five favorite series, but here they are, in no order.

AIR-
I guess you can say AIR has been my recent "love" as some would call it. AIR has been on my "best of" lists a lot, and for good reasons too: the beautiful animation, the memorable characters, the excellent music, and the emotional storyline. I definitely won't forget this series. Very well done, indeed.

Serial Experiments Lain-
To this day, this series remain as one of my top favorites. The whole story was very interesting, and I like the fact that every time you see it, it's like you're watching it for the first time again. I also am quite fond of the main theme "Duvet". An excellent series that I still enjoy to this day.

Azumanga Daioh-
On the previous list, I didn't include this series. Now that I have seen it again, I realize just how funny this series is. In fact, it's one of the best comedies I've seen so far. The main characters are the reason why I enjoy this series. It's very funny, indeed.

Super GALS!-
I've only seen about eight episodes of this, and already it's become one of my favorite series. I don't know if it's the hip para-para style music, the hip characters, or the fact that it's a comedy and a serious show at the same time, but it's very entertaining for me to watch. I just hope the second season will be released to the US soon.

Witch Hunter Robin-
This show was an interesting one when I saw it on Adult Swim. I wasn't sure what of think of this at first, but after understanding the storyline and enjoying the nice music in the series, I started to enjoy Witch Hunter Robin. To some people, it may not be a good series to watch, but for me, it's one that I enjoy watching.

Honorable Mentions (in no order):

The Big O-
I wasn't into Big O back when it aired on Toonami, but when Adult Swim started showing this series, I was very interested in the action, and in the storyline as well. It's a great series that I still enjoy very much, despite the fact that I liked the first season better than the second. A great series overall.

Last Exile-
Last Exile has the best use of CG that I've seen in an anime series so far. The characters are also memorable, especially Alex Row. The music also matched well with the scenes and events. Overall, it's a great action series that you'll enjoy up until the end.

Fullmetal Alchemist-
I first heard of FMA through the first soundtrack, and I enjoyed it very much. After watching the first few episodes, it was instantly one of my favorite series. The characters are fun to watch, and it has a great story as well. Overall, it's a great series that I hope to continue watching, as I have not seen it in a while.
dominusofdeath 12-20-2005 05:24 AM
1. Captain Harlock
2. Outlaw Star
3. Hellsing Ultimate OAV(Yeah it isnt out yet but if it follows the manga exactly................)
4. Dual Parallel Trouble Adventure
5. Fist of the North Star
BethMcBeth 12-21-2005 02:24 AM
1. Big O (Anime and Manga)
2. Pet Shop of Horrors (Anime and Manga)
3. Excel Saga (Anime)
4. Please Teacher (Anime)
5. Chobits (Anime and Manga)

-Beth
Miyavi 12-21-2005 12:05 PM
1. Maburaho
Because of the comedy and the romance in some episodes. Kazuki Shikimori is finally noticed as a human being dispite having the genes of the best wizard in the world.

2. Please Teacher
Mizuho is so funny. A very funny alien who is lucky to have such a great husband/student/lover.

3. Big O
Cause its Big O.

4. Sister Princess
Aitai ai ai ai ai no ni
Aenai ai ai ai kon'ya wa!
Cause Love Destiny is the opening song, and all of the stunts and sisters on one island.

5. DN Angel
Dark Mousey!! Super hottie, along with Daisuke Niwa! Poor Niwa, Risa just doens't see how much you like her. Unlike Riku who likes you!!
Alexzyuy 03-16-2006 09:01 PM
1. Patlabor: The movies and the series. I don't know quite why I like it so much, but I own more of that anime than anything else.

2. Rurouni Kenshin: Because.... how can you not like Kenshin?

3. Gundam Wing: I like most of the characters.... and because it spawned lots of weird fanfiction.

4. Big O: It's good...there's really not much more to say.

5. Pretear: It's full of pretty people. Pleased
Zaku 03-16-2006 09:18 PM
1. Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam (Best... show... ever!!!)
2. Mobile Suit Gundam movie trilogy
3. Sentou Yousei Yukikaze
4. Neon Genesis Evangelion
5. Big O
Mike 03-16-2006 09:30 PM
(in no particular order)
Appleseed (the new one)
Outlaw Star
Gundam 0080
FLCL
Cowboy Bebop (Samurai Champloo is really cool too, but I've only seen like one episode of it.)

In 2 years I never posted in this thread? wow.
StevieV019 03-17-2006 11:04 AM
Alrighty, Ive posted before in here, but I figure Id update this since its been over a year and a half since that post. Here we go...

1. Cowboy Bebop
2. Fullmetal Alchemist
3. The Big O
4. Rurouni Kenshin
5. Noir

Again, here are those that come real close but are just a shade off the top spots:

Samurai Champloo
Initial D
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
Gundam Wing
X:Tv Series
Tickle Tickle 03-17-2006 01:41 PM
Changing my list... >_>;

1. Cutie Honey (Original 70's)
2. Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon
3. The Big O
4. Cutey Honey Flash
5. Tokimeki Tonight
Jstar136 03-17-2006 11:08 PM
1) Samurai Champloo (I like it more over Cowboy Bebop b/c it's crazier and combines two genres I more closely identify with)
2) RahXephon (Very like Evangelion, but more interesting and less depressing)
3) Big O (The end)
4) Trigun (It's silly evolution to a serious end had me intrigued)
5) Rurouni Kenshin (I would've liked it more if they had animated the final arc)
Sharpshooter005 03-17-2006 11:41 PM
In no real order

1) Cowboy Bebop (cliched I know, but theres certain episodes I've seen numerous times where I'll still have to stop and watch them if they're on)

2) Hellsing. Though...I'm including hellsing ultimate in this.

3) Ghost in the Shell seasons 1 and 2

4) FLCL

5) Big O

What I left off:

Noir. Those few episodes of Madlax I've bothered to watch (since I cant find the damn CDs I have them on). Serial Experiments Lain. Paranoia Agent. Trigun. Evangelion (yes, even if I do mock it ALOT..it's still a fun show sometimes), Azumanga Daioh (what, yukari and osaka were awesome)

movies:

1) Jin-Roh

2) Read Or Die (I'm going to count this as a movie, because when I saw it AS aired the entire OAV in the form of a contiguous movie)

3) Ghost in the Shell (lower on the list because I watched it with the dub..and...yeah, the majors voice in the series is 9 times better than the one in the dub.)