Dub'ya's Ad Campaign

Lady Tesser 03-05-2004 09:42 PM
I need to get this off my chest.

Has anybody seen or heard of George W. Bush's election ads? Figured predominately in the images are 'challenges' that had occurred during his term in office - including 9-11.

Point off for tastelessness.

On the surface, it screams 'Look at the crap that happened while I was in office - only me and Daddy can get you into war and run the economy into the ground - but I also had a terrorist attack!'

Deeper down, it's an insult to the survivors of 9-11, especially to the families of the victims. Thousands of people had died - and Bush's campaign turned the horror of that day into a self-serving political advertisement. He had promised the victims' families he would not use that day for his own ends ...

And he did it anyway.

I had not lost anyone, but I've known several people who have, among those lost being seven executives of the company my husband worked for at the time, when they were returning home from a business convention. They were in one of the planes that crashed.

This is truly horrifying that such heartlessness could be displayed OPENLY by our president.

He killed his chances for re-election. If he does end up being re-elected, then I've lost hope in the United States government completely. Time to pack up and move to Australia.
Mike 03-05-2004 09:46 PM
I think it's really stupid. On top of what you said, it's not like 9-11 wouldn't have happened if Gore was elected.

I'm not 100% sure, as I've only seen it once, but it says that he inherited a bad economy, then 9-11 happened....and the economy is still in the crapper. So he really didn't do much of anything special in 4 years.
Hienrich Ele 03-05-2004 09:52 PM
It may not be the best approach, but still, he did a lot from letting it happen again.

I have not seen the ad Frown but I heard about it.

Why cant Bush show it? He showed us that the most horrific attack happened on US soil during his term, and because of his actions, there has not been another one.

I gurantee if Kerry gets in and changes what Bush has done, we will be attacked again.
Bismarck 03-05-2004 09:54 PM
Yes I saw one of his ads and I have to say it was one of the most heart stirring things I've ever seen.

Actually in all honesty it was the biggest load of BS that has ever been run through the media. A declining economy which has now become a nonexistent economy due to Mr Boosh's wonderful resource management abilities. Why would he mention something that instead of improving he has made worse? There is absolutely no logic behind that decision but it is Mr Boosh. So I guess that logic and common sense are completely out of the question. Not to mention all the other pointless garbage which was mentioned in that ad.

Then there is the worst offense of all by trying to use a tragic event as an attempt to garner support. It was a pretty tactless ploy to use 9/11 as a reason why he should be reelected.
Negotiator_Roger_Smith 03-05-2004 10:00 PM
the ads are fine i seen the ads! their none tasteless about them! everyone to afraid to talk about 911! only people compliant about is the idiots that hate bush! and heard about the few families where on the talk shows complianting about everything was they said was from democrat talking points! beside most likely the reason the families are complianting they did not get enough money back from government after 911! they just bashing bush their greedy after remmeber their a was bunch familie sometime after 911 complianting we need money! i just think it pay back from greey families and democrat are taking advantage of it! it is tasteless how decorats act more like lil kids then grown ups! that my two cents
Dude Love 03-05-2004 10:03 PM
I haven't seen it, but from what I've heard, this is the message he was trying to get across:

"Hey America! Remember me, the President. The guy that guided your country through 9/11 and the wars and economic woes the country faced because of it. I'm just here to remind you that I did lead the country though the toughest times its faced. That's gotta count for something."

What you take from that is completely up to you, however.
Kittie heavenly6 03-05-2004 10:11 PM
I already see this getting out of hand, but I will give it a chance...

NO POLITICAL BASHING PLEASE.
(Stating your opinion is fine, but to call someone an "idiot" for their opinion will not be tolerated)
Negotiator_Roger_Smith 03-05-2004 10:14 PM
sorry
The Baker St. Irregular 03-05-2004 10:20 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Lady Tesser
Time to pack up and move to Australia.

Aussies are smart enough to keep 'im out. His new pad shall be Antarctica.
Lady Tesser 03-05-2004 11:00 PM
Thank you, GK.

And it's not just the families complaining, it's also the NY firefighters who also lost their workmates - they're quite pissed about the whole thing.

Political parties have nothing to do with it, by the way.
Hienrich Ele 03-05-2004 11:08 PM
That is somewhat true. The main reason that there is so much controversy were that the democrats complained about it first. But who can blame them? After all, if all you had was Kerry to go against Bush, you'd want to slam him on everything you got.

And the Fire Fighter Union is against it mainly because they are Democrats. They have supported Kerry openly.

But democrats arent the only reason why its so publisiced. If Kerry was doing an ad with 9/11, the republicans would do the same thing. Our current way of electing leaders is terrible.

And I am glad that they show the attacks. They should show it everyday if you ask me. Let it be known that we lost 4,000 civilians that day because of some freak. When you murder in the name of God, you make God a murderer. People need to know that Bin Laden is not some holyman.

The only reason I'll ever belive that these groups are tre to their cause is when the terrorist leaders start blowing themselves up.
Mugiwara Luffy 03-05-2004 11:21 PM
Eh, politics....who needs em?

There is a lot more to life than politics, people. Unless you are actually running for an office, I think it's best to not get so involved.

As for me, I do support Bush. I haven't seen this new ad campaign, but I'm sure it was done with as much taste as possible. I will continue to support Bush; if you can show me one better cadidate for president then I might change my opinion.

EDIT: And politics have been about corruption and manipulation ever since the days of ancient Rome.

It's sad really....
Big Ben 03-05-2004 11:32 PM
The quandary is that while 911 was a horrific and terrible act that inflicted tremendous tragedy on many people, it also was an event with deep and widespread security, defense, and foreign policy repercussions, creating issues and debates which still reverberate today.

On the one hand, one should be respectful to the victims and families, but on the other hand, one can not just ignore an event of such significance due to the reperucssions it has created as far as the nation and the world is concerned. 911, what lead up to it, and the actions and policies taken in its aftermath are legitimate issues of concern that have to be adressed, especially in the debate about who runs security, defense, and foreign policy.
Dude Love 03-05-2004 11:44 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Big Ben
911, what lead up to it, and the actions and policies taken in its aftermath are legitimate issues of concern that have to be adressed, especially in the debate about who runs security, defense, and foreign policy.

You know what kind of irks me. A lot of people blame Bush for allowing 9/11. However, as I see it, it's as much (if not more) Clinton's fault for letting it happen. I mean, Clinton had the White House for 8 years, and then turned it over to Bush for less than 1. There's not much Bush could have done to step up security and intelligence in that 1 year, considering Clinton's more lax policies on defense and security. Also, the economy was crumbling even before the election. Yet, when it finally become all to evident, Bush is in office, so he get's the blame.

That's the way American politics have always worked. Blame the guy in office even if it may not be his fault. He's there, so that's an easy connection to make.
Silv3rKnigh1 03-05-2004 11:45 PM
I am sorry but bushs economic policies are terrible, i refuse to vote for him, id rather vote for ross perrot
Dude Love 03-05-2004 11:47 PM
quote:
Originally posted by knight123
I am sorry but bushs economic policies are terrible, i refuse to vote for him, id rather vote for ross perrot

Ross ain't running.

And, even so. Bush hasn't been handling the economy that well. That said, it's either the economy or defense. That's basically what it's come down to with Bush Politics. And, IMO, defense is more important because if you don't secure the country then there isn't a country to have an economy, Good or Bad.
dominusofdeath 03-05-2004 11:47 PM
AL SHARPTON
VOTE AL SHARPTON
Bush's ads are well... They are dumb Bush can do better.
Dude Love 03-05-2004 11:49 PM
quote:
Originally posted by dominusofdeath
Bush's ads are well... They are dumb Bush can do better.

Sadly, no he can't. He's reserving attack ads for later, because Kerry's wife is the heiress to the Heinz Ketchup fortune, so she can tap her fortune to help her husband if Bush pisses them off.
dominusofdeath 03-05-2004 11:52 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Wienberg
Sadly, no he can't. He's reserving attack ads for later, because Kerry's wife is the heiress to the Heinz Ketchup fortune, so she can tap her fortune to help her husband if Bush pisses them off.

REALLY! KETCHUP! o_0 I said Kerry was a redneck!
ROFLMAO
Silv3rKnigh1 03-06-2004 12:23 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Wienberg
quote:
Originally posted by knight123

Ross ain't running.

And, even so. Bush hasn't been handling the economy that well. That said, it's either the economy or defense. That's basically what it's come down to with Bush Politics. And, IMO, defense is more important because if you don't secure the country then there isn't a country to have an economy, Good or Bad.

no it doesnt, defense spending usually increases the GDP not reduce it!